[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck were all the kids so fucking bad at playing the games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: 4C-v.jpg (51 KB, 626x480) Image search: [Google]
4C-v.jpg
51 KB, 626x480
Why the fuck were all the kids so fucking bad at playing the games?
>>
>>3091891
pretty sure they picked stupid kids to be on these shows.
>>
I can sort of understand having some nerves because of an audience or camera but for fuck's sake
>>
>>3091892
this

they screened them beforehand
>>
File: joey-fatone-nick-arcade.jpg (43 KB, 634x433) Image search: [Google]
joey-fatone-nick-arcade.jpg
43 KB, 634x433
You're now away Joey Fatone was on Nick Arcade.
>>
>>3091924

man little black girl looks like she knows exactly what's going on. That's some weapons grade pure 90s tude on her face
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=graPvlI7D6Y

she's actually not that bad for a girl
>>
>>3091939
You could grab 25 rings in like 8 seconds.
>>
>>3091939
She could do better as a girl
>>
File: starcade2[1].png (192 KB, 468x348) Image search: [Google]
starcade2[1].png
192 KB, 468x348
>>3091891
>Why the fuck were all the kids so fucking bad at playing the games?
Because 90s kids were already fucking spoiled to shit
Real reason:Because Nick Arcade mainly pulled contestants right out of the studio audience that day

Now get started posting inappropriate comments on them jailbait asses (something Starcade lacked completely)
>>
>>3091917
Yeah they must do this to make sure they won't be giving away prizes left, right and centre.

I went on a radio phone in quiz once where they played a fragment of music and you identified it. They asked me my answer before putting me on.

Then just before I was put on I realised my answer was wrong. So I said the proper answer and won a George Harrison CD but they blatantly wanted a wrong answer to fill out the show.
>>
>>3091960
Starcade made me so mad because very few people actually knew how to play this fucking game plus the short time limit all the games had
>>
>>3091963
I'm not sure if it was about prizes. I think it may have been about building suspense and excitement and appealing to a wider audience.

I mean, as a kid I would be screaming at my TV when the kid couldn't figure out how to put the fucking silver monkey together on LotHT. Watching the kids mess up was part of what got me in to the shows on an unconscious level.

Then again, put yourself in the shoes of one of these kids. You're young, put on national television probably for the first time ever, and you are competing against other kids for rad prizes. You'd be probably be pretty nervous.

Still, the kids were definitely screened, just like pretty much every contestant on any gameshow. Not to say all screening is done to choose dumb people.
>>
File: nick_arcade_grill.png (2 MB, 1421x1005) Image search: [Google]
nick_arcade_grill.png
2 MB, 1421x1005
>>3091960
>>
>>3091997
It begins.
>>
I don't know why they stopped these shows. They were crude early runners sure, then what the hell happened? So many junk primetime gameshows and dozens of 24 hour sports channels, you'd think they could have fitted them in somewhere. Youtube has clearly put an end to the idea that people don't regularly want to watch others play games.
>>
>>3091939
>not using the spring
>>
Pretty sure the controllers were either glued onto the cabinet or there was no slack for the cable.
>>
File: maiwaifu.png (1 MB, 1419x995) Image search: [Google]
maiwaifu.png
1 MB, 1419x995
>>3091891
Why were these girls always so sexy?
>>
>>3091939
>Starlight Zone music
>on sonic 2 of all things
>>
>>3092118
sauce
>>
>>3092028
It's all about esports & let's plays now. I feel like video games have became a chore after the PS2
>>
>>3092118
Is she the one that some anon claimed had cancer or something? And that she was a bitch?
>>
>>3091891
I grew up thinking kids played video games.

For some reason this show always ruined that perception...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDuyl23BN9A

relevant
>>
https://youtu.be/4BYxV1zwsp4
>>
>>3092270
The host looks so bored
>>
File: 1362960884712.png (102 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
1362960884712.png
102 KB, 241x228
>>3092270
>20:00-ish

Holy fuck, that guys voice
>>
>>3092325
Not to mention how he finally had the chance for his obsessive replaying of Dragon's Lair to earn him some degree of respect in front of a woman, and yet he goes full spaghetti-spiller.
>>
>>3092123
You mean you're a Sonic fan and never heard of the huge prototype culture behind 2?
>>
>>3092354
DESU I've never even encountered the words "prototype" and "culture" used together so, no. I haven't. As far as I'm aware (and probably 99% of the people who ever played Sonic) that's the music for Starlight Zone.
>>
>>3092386
You're in for a treat then.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_2_(Nick_Arcade_prototype)
>>
>>3091939
>hErE wE aRe At SoNiC
>>
>>3092270

In absolute fairness, HOW THE FUCK IS A KID GOING KNOW THE LOAN RANGER?!
>>
>>3092234
I think she was the chick that had a decent rack for being whatever age she was

probably has a bigger, saggier 40 year old rack now
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.