[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's your favorite handheld, /vr/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9
File: handhelds.jpg (69 KB, 600x462) Image search: [Google]
handhelds.jpg
69 KB, 600x462
what's your favorite handheld, /vr/?
>>
>>3090541
Original Gameboy and Gameboy Color by far.

Wonderswan is a close second

Followed by Sega Gamegear
>>
I don't like handhelds.
>>
>>
>>3090541
GBA
>>
the original game boy pocket silver. mine got stole by a fat peice of shit skater marilon manson lover peice of shit in 10th grade. But here's an insider tip, if you want a game boy, you better get in and buy up abot 5 or 10 cause they are prolly as cheap as they are ever gonna be, you can get a pocket or color for like 25 US dollars and they are practically giving away the classic old brick ones so you should buy up as many as you can afford ok that's my opinion ok :D
>>
File: GameBoy_pocket.jpg (26 KB, 320x510) Image search: [Google]
GameBoy_pocket.jpg
26 KB, 320x510
GB and GB Color, I think it's no question, it has the best selection of games.
Basically what >>3090543 said, I never owned a Wonderswan but I almost got one once and I regret not buying it. And the Game Gear was my actual first handheld so I have a lot of nostalgia for it and it was admittedly pretty damn cool to own that thing back in 1994, but other than mainly Sega games (many of which are ports of arcade and genesis games), the library isn't that diverse or expansive, plus there was the problem of the battery if you wanted to actually use it as a portable device, and the fact most of them get the screen fucked over time. Mine lasted until 2004.

Non retro it's GBA
>>
>>3090759
>>Non retro it's GBA
ha ha ha he talks about non retro games in spoiler tags because that makes it okay so funny
>>
>>3090759
i picked up a wonderswan recently and there are a lot of great games for it, especially if you can read moon. if you can't there are still some excellent titles, but you miss out on the incredible squaresoft ports, good shit.
>>
>>3090765
Not him but gba can play regular gameboy games, and people talk about ps2 because they play ps1 games.
>>
>>3090541
If that is your collection, I'm freekin jealous.I have a different game and watch and love it.
>>
>>3090541
not a big handheld gamer but I've always been fond of the GBA SP.
>>
>>3090541
I guess the Gameboy Pocket. Though the Neo Geo Pocket Color and Game Gear are close.
>>
>>3090541
>Favorite Retro Handheld
Game Gear
>Favorite Handheld
PSP
>>
NGPC for sure. Cardfighters Clash is my god damn jam.
>>
>>3090541
Gameboy Color
>>
The golden age of handhelds was, ironically, the seventh generation with the steady competition between the DS and the PSP.
Ironic in the sense that it was the worst generations for home consoles so far.
>>
>>3090541
The original brick Game Boy hands down. I still have mine and it works perfectly after 23 years of good service.
>>
You down with ngpc? Ya' you know me. Who down with ngpc? Every last homie
>>
File: Tandy-DinosaurAttack[1].jpg (33 KB, 328x412) Image search: [Google]
Tandy-DinosaurAttack[1].jpg
33 KB, 328x412
>>3090721
I kind of feel sad how the GB made these LCD games obsolete overnight. I had a few of them as a kid. Mostly by some company called Systema, but I picked up Game & Watch Cement Factory at a car boot sale and had this Tandy (Radio Shack to Americans) one called Dinosaur Attack.
>>
File: AD10.jpg (234 KB, 800x1040) Image search: [Google]
AD10.jpg
234 KB, 800x1040
>>3090721
used to play that all the time! along with the Top Gun game as well
>>
>>3091992
dunno about worst gen for home consoles, they were some fairly solid titles out instead of the two or three good ones the current generation has. the psp will definitely always have a place in my home though, such a wonderful library of games and a great homebrew scene on top of it.
>>
File: game_ph11.jpg (16 KB, 226x139) Image search: [Google]
game_ph11.jpg
16 KB, 226x139
>>3092020
amusingly enough some of the last game hardware the gameboy's inventor made before he died was a line of lcd games for hiro. that and the wonderswan.
>>
File: 61MXB8H11JL.gif (83 KB, 500x149) Image search: [Google]
61MXB8H11JL.gif
83 KB, 500x149
Does this count as a retro handheld?
>>
>>3091914
what's the appeal of card fighters clash? I tried it for a few hours, it seems like it's a clone of Pokemon TCG, only it's a so-so yugioh clone with no card variety and incredibly slow progression. Granted I didn't make it far enough to really see a lot of the non-fighter cards, but that's also a problem in that I had dozens of fighters but never more than a handful of the support cards. Does it just take a really long time to get good?
>>
>>3092134
Not vidya. I liked the bop-it extreme model they released after that. Got the high score and everything.
>>
>bop-it extreme
Not retro
>>
File: rzone_2_large.jpg (179 KB, 900x376) Image search: [Google]
rzone_2_large.jpg
179 KB, 900x376
>>3092020
>obsolete overnight.
And yet that didn't mean people stopped buying them
>>
>>3092371
>And yet that didn't mean people stopped trying to sell them a la money for old rope
FTFY
>>
File: Game-Boy-Advance-Blk.jpg (3 MB, 3480x2360) Image search: [Google]
Game-Boy-Advance-Blk.jpg
3 MB, 3480x2360
>>3090541
>>
3DS.
>>
gameboy micro will always be my favorite.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.