[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flashcart thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7
File: snespowerpak_big.jpg (352 KB, 1060x858) Image search: [Google]
snespowerpak_big.jpg
352 KB, 1060x858
Hey /vr/ I'm looking for a good flashcart, specifically for the Super Nintendo. Which ones do you recommend?
>>
SD2SNES has the best compatibility.
>>
Any reason so go for a legit Super Everdrive instead of the Chinese knock off?
>>
>>3089928
Just save up, get a SD2SNES, and be done with it.
>>
Just got a super ever drive,it runs all but a handful of games that you can just emulate/buy the cart for. Have had 0 problems with it. Obviously, if you want better compatibility, you'll have to pay a lot more for the sd2snes, but even then there are games you won't be able to play on it.
>>
>>3089928
I assume you wouldn't get any support if your chinese knockoff fails to work or is defective
>>
>>3089934
yes, pay 3x more for the flashcart that will never support super fx or sa1 games
>>
>>3089973
Super Everdrive won't ever support SuperFX or SA-1 games either.
>>
My TurboGrafx is modded like this http://www.otakus-store.net/en/see-all-the-modifications/47-nec-region-free-usjap-mod.html
. Would I still be able to use a TurboEverdrive?
>>
>>3089973
You pay 3x more for a far superior product. If you are having to pinch pennies for a measly $200, you need to hold on to the money and stop worrying about video games.
>>
>>3089928
Just buy a Chinese one from AliExpress, that way you can get your money back or a replacement if it breaks.
>>
super everdrive china version from aliexpress, anyone that wants you to buy an krikzz everdrive for that dumb fucking price was sent by him personally
>>
>>3090147
krikkzz shill
>>
>>3089928
Not really
>>
>>3090090
Yes but it is much cheaper
>>
>>3090147
>measly $200
>measly
yeah, let me know when mommy stops buying you shit kiddo
>>
>>3090240
LOL, some people obviously don't have jobs.
>>
>>3090294
People who work for their money tend to value it more, so your argument doesn't work.
>>
>>3090214
>telling you to buy an SD2SNES
>krikkz shill

Krikkz' territory is everdrives. teh SD2SNES isn't his.

SD2SNES is the best SNES flashcart. Period.

It may not be in the future, but it has the best compatibility, and you'll only need to buy a handful of moderately priced games to have access to the entire SNES library.
>>
Just emulate then you jews jesus christ.

$200 for a hobby really isn't all that much money. It's not like you're spending that more than once.
>>
File: ...seriously.gif (883 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
...seriously.gif
883 KB, 250x250
>muh collectors value
>hoards unopened games/sells them on ebay
>ebay charges invoice fees based on how much your account sells so prices go up even more because ebay gets a cut
>People IRL want to use eBay prices because they perceive it as its true value when it isn't

These faggots are the worst kinds of people. I hate ebay. I hate paypal. I hate how they jew you out of like 15% or more of the money you earn through selling there. I hate how as a buyer you are now restricted to their "perceived values" and cannot and will never haggle or negotiate with sensible people, just jews and collector faggots.

I will ALWAYS support emulation and Flash Carts even if its just to spit in the faces of eBay and resellers. Fuck you assholes. Fuck all of you.
>>
>>3090090
Neither will my toenail clippings. Give me $200 for them.

>>3090334
>territory
>I'll say it in some retarded bullshit way so when I'm proven wrong I can backpedal and claim I wasn't problem wrong even though I'm the only one ITT that thinks I'm fooling anyone.
>>
File: Prof.gif (6 KB, 223x306) Image search: [Google]
Prof.gif
6 KB, 223x306
>If you want the best and can afford it : SD2Snes

>If you want the 2nd best : Snes Everdrive

>If you're a poorfag who can't afford the real thing and won't mind that excellent Chinese craftsmanship : Chinese Everdrive Clone.

>If you enjoy the smell of burned plastic and the limitations of early 90s copiers (but a neat gui) : Super Ufo Pro 8

>If you enjoy dicking around with compact flash carts and homebrew firmwares : Snes PowerPak
>>
>>3090240
>yeah, let me know when mommy stops buying you shit kiddo
Nice.

I actually work full time and also did so through college. I work in the oil/gas industry and make almost $200/hour. Don't talk shit just because you can't afford a flash cart. If you can't afford it, just save a few months.
>>
>>3091392
>if you're an oldfag you put a gotek in your GD years ago.
>>
>>3089928
no support, if it breaks you are fucked, possibly stuck on old frimware/no updates(for snes it doesnt matter as all normal snes works, ones without any special chips like superFX or SA-1), can possibly break quicker/easier than legit one..
>>
>>3089928

If you get a knockoff, there's no support whatsoever and you're pretty much stuck with the stock firmware.

It's inadvisable to update a clone with the official firmware. The clones are not 100% identical and you could brick your cart.
>>
>>3089794
Best n64 flashcart?
>>
>>3093278
Everdrive64 V2.5 or V3.

The V3 is about $70 more expensive, can play Pokemon Stadium 2 properly and some strange Japanese game that uses a real time clock called Animal Forest. The V2.5 requires that you press reset in order to store save progress, whereas the V3 does that automatically.

That's pretty much it.
>>
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=3744.0

>guy has EDGB
>save battery is supposed to last 20+ years
>battery dies every two weeks
>sends it to Krikzz for examination/replacement
>turns out cart is Chinese clone
>another guy shows up and confirms his clone has the same problem
>explains that battery is being overloaded and fried
>major defect discovered in the Chinese version

CHINADRIVE SHILLS BTFO
>>
>>3089794
>>3089794
$155 for that no thanks.

ed are the best, ufo for save data transfer. china for doorstops
>>
What's the best SNES flashcart to get for an absolute poorfag? Does the Super UFO 8 support SuperFX passthrough?
>>
>>3092594
nice meme, you gonna tell us about your 18 inch cock next?
>>
>>3093492
i don't think it works correct, theres a youtube vid.
>>
>>3093492

No it doesn't, and it also wont run games bigger then 32M (4 megs)
and it has old FAT limitations, so no more then 5 roms per folder.
so you'll end up making folders and subfolders and subfolders if you want to have more games on it.

but if you only focus on a couple games at a time then thats no problem.

Its still a nice flashcart though, I got one just for the lulz.

(smells terrible though)
>>
>>3091365
Sent ;)
>>
>>3093809
>maymays
doesn't have one
>>
How is the knock of MegaEverDrive on Aliexpress?
>>
>>3090104
turbo everdrive has a switch for turbografx and PCE so yes it will work.
>>
>>3094434
Bumping this question
>>
>>3094451
Can I play Turbografx games on my PC-Engine, or can I only play the JP games?

I'm waiting for my Turbo Everdrive.
>>
>>3094636
in theory yes
I don't know how region encoding works, either it's in the ROM, or there's a physical lockout
>>
>>3094636
There is a physical switch on the cart that toggles between TGFX and PCE modes. Blocks some protection thing from kicking in, IIRC.
>>
>>3094434
If you're trying to spend as little as possible, get the EverdriveMD instead.
>>
>>3093809
I am getting one so I can replace all my cart batteries. smw just crapped out so my other launch titles must be close.

will my ed work on the pass through slot? Also I figured Alphabetical folders and then roms in their own individual sub folders will be decent eh? theres prob less than 20 games I want that I dont have though. Been playing on an emulator and there's a bunch of turds.
>>
>>3094708
>I am getting one so I can replace all my cart batterie

It works great for that, I sometimes use it to upload srams from the Internet to my carts.
>>
>>3089838

>SD2SNES

This. Also the best sound.

For every other system I'd go with EverDrive, but not with SNES

>>3089928

>Chinese knock off?

Don't ever buy these. They have PCB boards that are thicker than the average SNES board, and they'll damage the contact points in your system.
>>
>>3093507
>nice meme
I have an OIM position in Brazil. I have been working in the oil field for 14 years. It has always been good to me, though it is in a slump here in America.

Why are you so upset?
>>
>>3095071
>Why are you so upset?

Vidya is serious business when you're 20 years old.
>>
>>3095071
His tears are from laughing at you, not because he's upset.
>>
>>3090362
True value is the price people are willing to pay m8
I think its just as retarded as you do, but that doesn't change that fact.
>>
>>3095071
And I inherited my dad's job at nintendo.
>>
File: 2 scoops.jpg (16 KB, 436x271) Image search: [Google]
2 scoops.jpg
16 KB, 436x271
>>3089928
I orderd a chinese one like last week. Will post how good/shitty it is when it gets here.
>>
>>3093809
32 megabit limitation's fine for me. None of the games I'd be interested in playing exceed that. As for the folders, I'd probably just do folders like RPGS1, RPGS2, PLAT1, PLAT2, and so forth.
>>
>>3095071
>Brazil

Why didn't you say this sooner? Opinion disregarded.
>>
>>3095883

I'm aware, but the prevalence of ebay has driven prices up further. People need to pay ebay for every item they sell.
>>
>>3092594

>200 an hour

Wasted on you.
>>
So ive been wondering for a while, If we have an emulator that can perfectly emulate the chips on a snes cart, why dont we just make some kind of cable that interfaces with the emulator, and then you could run even superfx games? I know it seems dumb since at that point you could just emulate, but what about maybe using a small computer like a raspberry pi? I dont know enough about the way the console works to know if this is even possible or not
>>
Is there a playable version of Powerfest 94 for the SD2SNES?
>>
>3094986
>SD2SNES

Where can I get an SD2SNES? How much do they usually cost?
>>
>>3094986
Aside from MSU-1 compatibility, what difference would an SD2SNES made with the sound quality?

CAPTCHA: 1138
>>
>>3098343
>>3101645
>>3103112
underageb&? theres no way any one that saw a 4th genstore display cant use google by 2016.

>>3098343
emulation=/=original hardware functionally
>>3101645
really?
>>3103112
none.

hope you didnt dribble on your bibs too much.
>>
is there any sign of an eventual fix for sega CD BIOS loading on everdrive MD/mega everdrive? I ordered a chinese MD since it was cheap and I mostly want to play Genesis and 32X games, but I'm also hoping to one day see 100% CD compatibility.
>>
File: Animal_Crossing_Logo[1].png (165 KB, 385x259) Image search: [Google]
Animal_Crossing_Logo[1].png
165 KB, 385x259
>>3093319
>some strange game

You've really never heard of Animal Crossing?
>>
>>3103140
>I ordered a chinese MD since it was cheap
>is there any sign of an eventual fix for
Nope, enjoy your old frimware.
>>
>>3103151
Naw man, it's Dobutsu no Mori. Literally "Animal Forest".
>>
>>3103770
It's the same game y'know?
>>
>>3103767
>>3103140
https://youtu.be/A8MO7fkZc5o
>>
>>3103770
autism, you got it
>>
File: IMG_0515.jpg (305 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0515.jpg
305 KB, 960x720
>>3096012
So I got the Chinese one. It came with an 8 gig memory card, and Earthbound. I'm pretty sure I have to load roms onto it. Although I heard of people getting cards full of games. As far as earthbound goes, it works like a motherfucker. And although the game looks round like the non American version, it fits in US Snes.
>>
>>3090304
You work at McDonalds, don't you? Some us make enough money to buy food AND video game gear believe it or not.
>>
>>3105519

The official universal shell is the same. The shape allows it to fit the SFC/EU-SNES, and it has cutouts so it doesn't hit the lockout tabs in the NA-SNES.
>>
What do I search for on AliExpress to get flash carts? I can't find anything.
>>
What are flash carts usually implemented as? Just a FPGA?
>>
should I sell off my Genesis games and get an everdrive if I had some more cash get a 32x and CD ?
>>
>>3093319
>The V2.5 requires that you press reset in order to store save progress, whereas the V3 does that automatically.

Can anyone elaborate on this? Can I just play normally, hit reset when I am finished playing, then turning the console off and it has the same effect, right? Many cart games (eg Smash or Mario Kart) it is not as obvious when the game saves so I dunno if that matters or if the new save is stored in a buffer somewhere.
>>
>>3107821
>Can I just play normally, hit reset when I am finished playing, then turning the console off and it has the same effect, right?
yes, thats right.
>>
>>3107734
Microcontroller is most common. FPGA is a bit unusual.
>>
>>3107867
Console cartridges that utilize onboard chips would have to be implemented either through FPGA or emulated on a CPU though, no?
>>
>>3107867
Storage is most common. They all have it. Nearly all have a FPGA or some programmable logic. Plenty have no MPU.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.