[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Times when /vr/ lied to you. Tried this little "gem"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 1656786786534.jpg (23 KB, 344x386) Image search: [Google]
1656786786534.jpg
23 KB, 344x386
Times when /vr/ lied to you.

Tried this little "gem" for the first time the other day. You guys are so full of shit. You said Croc was good. Its not. More like Croc of shit
>>
>>3088073
You just don't like it, and /vr/ isn't one person or a general consensus. At least you gave it a try
>>
>>3088073

This was one of the games I got with my Playstation when I was a kid. I remember liking it back then, but that was probably because it was the first 3D platformer I ever played. After going back and playing it again recently, I can agree that it is not a good game. Whoever reccomended it to you probably doesn't have the ability to seperate their nostalgia from their objective judgement (pretty common around here). There's no reason to be playing this when you could be playing Spyro or Crash or Ape Escape.
>>
>>3088073
>You guys are so full of shit
Someone finally gets it. When the evaluated material is so heavy on nostalgia, you can't just trust what people talk about it, you ought to try it before and take your own conclusions.

(Personally I think Croc is OK. Not any masterpiece but a way better than most of the shit we got in that generation. But then again, who am I to say? Better play it for yourself before listening to a random jackass on an anonymous board.)
>>
>>3088106
>There's no reason to be playing this when you could be playing Spyro or Crash or Ape Escape.
How about having already beat Spyro or Crash or Ape Escape. There's more to a system than just its top tier games.
>>
>>3088073
>>3088083
>>3088106
>>3088112
Why play a platformer if you hate platformers?
>>
>>3088119

Well, if you asked me if I'd rather replay Crash Bandicoot 2 for the 10th time or take another shot at Croc, I'd go with Crash every time. I mean, there's nothing wrong with looking for those hidden gems that every console has nestled away in their libraries. I'm personally not gonna waste my time playing mediocre games though.

>>3088137

Nobody in this thread said they hated platformers. Personally, I love them, I just don't love Croc.
>>
>>3088151
I don't like Croc either. Still far from a shit game.

Gameplay is above average.
Bosses have their charm.
Music fits well.
I just never liked the art style or world.
>>
>>3088112
>Personally I think Croc is OK. Not any masterpiece but a way better than most of the shit we got in that generation.

I generally agree. It was never an exceptional game (aside from evoking a surprisingly powerful sense of melancholy) though some of the later, optional levels were pretty creative. There isn't much reason to go out of your way to play it if you already haven't though.
>>
Is it as good as Spyro or Ape Escape? No, but it's still better 80-90% of all games the PS1 ever got.
>>
Croc was amazing but had one fatal flaw; when you went to turn Croc he would move forward, you couldn't just turn him on the spot, making trickier jumps a pain in the ass. Other than that it is one of the comfiest games on PSX and is, yes, a gem.
>>
>>3088073
>more like croc of shit
Avgn is that you?
>>
>>3088073
If it had gone ahead as a yoshi game you would have loved it mate.

Good world, amazing music, awful controls and everything else is mediocre.
>>
>>3088946
Jump and strafe left/right to turn in place. It's kinda shitty, but it works.
>>
>>3089117
... Why am I only just learning about this???
>>
>>3088073
>More like Croc of shit
I bet you were up all night thinking of that one.
>>
>>3089131
it's not like it wasn't funny
>>
File: 1448944057911.jpg (124 KB, 399x355) Image search: [Google]
1448944057911.jpg
124 KB, 399x355
To each their own. I personally find the first two Bubsy games to be outstanding and I love me some Dragon's Revenge, but internet culture loves to take a collective dump on all of those games.
>>
>>3089151
I see you're very easily amused.
>>
>>3089167
You're mom is easily amused
>>
>>3089167
well you're not wrong.
>>
File: 1457932199814.jpg (127 KB, 577x564) Image search: [Google]
1457932199814.jpg
127 KB, 577x564
>>3088073
You got trolled bro
>>
>>3088073
>You said Croc was good.

No one guy here said Croc was good and kept spamming threads about it always resulting in three or four other guys telling her he's wrong.
>>
File: Gex2Cover.jpg (13 KB, 200x199) Image search: [Google]
Gex2Cover.jpg
13 KB, 200x199
Any love for Gex?
>>
>>3092769
I always make people play gex when they ask for hidden gens

Feel like a diabolical supervillain
>>
Fuck you guys, Croc is a cute little 3D platformer and it's more similar to Mario 64 than any other Playstation game.

Granted, it's no Mario 64 and to compare it to Mario 64 makes it look like shit plus it doesn't have the delicious Playstationiness of Crash or Spyro but it's not bad.

Confession time, I think a lot of it is because when I was playing it, one of my girlfriend's friends I really wanted to fuck would imitate Croc's cute little sounds and they still give me a boner for that reason

t. that one guy
>>
>>3088073
Disregarding this, Croc 2 fixes the controls and as a result is way better.
>>
>>3088073

That why you donĀ“t have to believe in what ps1 fags say.
>>
>>3092937
PS1 fags? When its on Saturn and PC too..
>>
>>3092769
Gex is an ok series, The One Liners and quips are lost though on people who aren't TV buffs
>>
>>3088158
The entire reason I love Croc is because of the soundtrack, otherwise it is a pretty okay game, that soundtrack just brings in the feels for me like very few other games.
>>
Croc probably was the first platformer I remember playing
it was the early 00s, on my dads shitty compaq barely able to run xp
good times
>>
>>3092769
Am I the only guy who played Gex on the N64 or is it just me
>>
>>3093015
It's got a PC port too.
>>
>>3088073
at least the soundtrack is bitchin'
>>
File: 1418704910561.png (259 KB, 721x484) Image search: [Google]
1418704910561.png
259 KB, 721x484
>>3089158
>the first two Bubsy games
I'll give you the first one, but what was so great about the second one? I literally fell asleep playing it.
>>
>>3094002
>that feel when you finally unlock the crystal island

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY0ysDxKrxg
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.