[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'll just leave this here...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: TMNT swimming.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
TMNT swimming.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
I'll just leave this here...
>>
turtles nes
>>
ITT: Meme levels in retro games that underage b& think are hard because an e-celeb told them so
>>
This doesn't trigger /vr/ since it is trivial with save states.
>>
>>3087418
Why would you leave reused garbage here?
Put it in the bin, you rural oaf.
>>
>>3087526
I am NOT that good at video games. Level 3 of Turtles kicks my ass, but even I can get past level 2 here with little difficulty. I don't know it even reached meme status.
>>
>>3087756
It's trivial without save states once you learn what your hitbox is.
>>
>>3087847
This
dont get me wrong, I was playing the game when I was fucking a child. But even now lv.3 is straight BS. Wait till you get to the Footclan headquarters and fight flying alien dragons who fuk ur shite up. Not a bad game doe.
>>
I'm convinced the main reason kids thought this stage was hard is because they didn't know you could just switch to another turtle in the menu before you ran out of health.

If you know you have 4 turtles, meaning 4 entire health bars to make it through the dam, there's no way you can think it's a difficult section.
>>
File: 1458228428710.png (18 KB, 350x315) Image search: [Google]
1458228428710.png
18 KB, 350x315
>>
File: brilliant.png (628 KB, 1154x352) Image search: [Google]
brilliant.png
628 KB, 1154x352
>>
>>3088184
>If you know you have 4 turtles, meaning 4 entire health bars to make it through the dam, there's no way you can think it's a difficult section.

This. Its why all of my 4 turtles are drained when I get to stage 3. The devs are aware of it because they placed a pizza on the first building that you enter. But its only a small slice. Fucking dicks
>>
>>3088197
...so what are you supposed to do?
>>
>>3088271

That's the end of the game. You can't progress.
>>
>>3088774
Troll reply. Nevermind.

Actually they stuck a cheat code in there so you can just skip over that part.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
>>3087418
People who actually played the game are more likely to be triggered by this level.

If 6yo me could consistently beat the dam level, everyone can.
>>
>>3089196
This and the moving spiked walls in level 4 are the only really infuriating parts of the game.
>>
>>3087418
It was pretty neat in the latest episode of the new TMNT show they referenced this level with the electric seaweed and escaping it within a time limit. I never thought I'd see the day.
>>
>>3088891
But if you beat the game with cheats you're not really beating it.
>>
>>3087886
>I was playing the game when I was fucking a child.
>>
>>3088891
I think the programmers must have stuck that in there after playtesting and realizing that the level wasn't passable.
>>
The original Ninja Turtles is one of the most annoying games I've ever played. You first play it and think: "Well, this can't be too bad. The control's decent, it's fun killing things, the sound effects are cool." You may even think I'm trying to compare it to the sequels, which are far superior. Two-player, arcade action, beat up a bunch of Foot Soldiers. Good stuff. But, this first one is garbage. You may be, like, you know, "Come on, it's the first of its kind, be easy on it." But, no. It sucks. It sucks ass from a straw. And you want to know why? Well, where do I begin?

That beeping sound when you're low on energy? I mean, that's so annoying! Now, look at that! Now, how the hell am I supposed to get up there? That's impossible! And who is that guy with the chainsaw anyway? Remember him from Ninja Turtles? I sure don't. The only way I can get up there is with Donatello, the turtle with the longest weapon.

C'mon, get over here, you fuck nut. Alright. Okay, all that just for a pizza? Pizza shit!

Okay, here's a trick I think everybody knows: When you're fighting Rocksteady, you jump on these crates with Donatello and you just keep hitting him with your bo. Now, what's really weird is the timing. I mean, you have to hit him when he's sorta ducking, not when he's standing up. I guess that would make too much sense, so it's obviously a game flaw.

Then there's that level where you have to save the dam. April O'Neil says: "You have my support." Okay. What the Hell did she ever do for you? Stupid banana raincoat wearing bitch. So, you have to swim and deactivate all these bombs, and there's so many things out there to kill you, and you have a time limit. So, naturally, you're rushing to make it through as fast as you can. And all these electric plants hurt you, so you need a lot of patience. But how could you have patience when you're in a fucking hurry? FUCK!
>>
>>3087418
Lol I beat this when I was 8 years old. The game indeed got difficult a couple levels later.
>>
>>3087418
It's one of those things that isn't as scary as it seems. You're on a timer, it's not completely linear, there's one-hit kill enemies (easily avoidable, but they exist). Because of the timer, you feel you have to rush, but they make you take your time with the tight corridor of seaweed and wait for the electric fences

I mean, after you know where they are, you still have, what? 15 seconds by the time you finish? That's plenty when you think about it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.