[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your initial reaction when you saw this guy(?) for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 'M (MissingNo.).png (4 KB, 106x212) Image search: [Google]
'M (MissingNo.).png
4 KB, 106x212
What was your initial reaction when you saw this guy(?) for the first time?
>>
The same as when I found mew under the truck.
>>
>>3087328
more suprised what happens when you evolve it t b h.
>>
>>3087328

I was amazed that the glitch worked since it sounded fucking stupid.
>>
>>3087376
Glitch is more than just the Duplication of items, it can allow you to capture Safari Zone Pokemon too. The Eastern coast of Cinnabar has the Pokemon of the last area you visited.
>>
>>3087384

No I mean all of the shit you had to do like talk to the old man and fly to cinnabar or w/e. My friend told me how to do it over the phone and the whole time I thought "There's no way this is going to work." When it actually did I couldn't fucking believe it.
>>
>>3087328
>'M (MissingNo.).png

'M ≠ MISSINGNO

>>3087403
You were lucky it actually worked though. Any pokeyman could show up.
>>
>>3087420
>'M ≠ MISSINGNO

They still use the same sprite.
>>
10 years later, I wrote a creepypasta about it.
>>
I wonder if you'd be able to transfer those gliched pokemons onto pokemon sun and moon
>>
>Huh, it worked.
>>
>>3087453
they usually patch them in the newer iteration. you couldn't transfer MissingNo. to G/S/C or ? from R/S to FR/LG.

I haven't seen MissingNo. since Ruby/Sapphire, actually. I don't think you could trigger it in FR/LG.
>>
I caught it because it was a fucking Kabutops fossil.

what kid wouldn't want a zombie Pokemon?
>>
>>3088372
>I don't think you could trigger it in FR/LG.
I did with a gameshark somehow. I think it exists in every game as a failsafe.

But I think the pokebank is super strict with what it allows in, so I'm sure they won't let it transfer.
>>
O______OU
>>
>>3088372
there's a missingno. in every iteration as a failsafe.
>>
>>3087453
you are six kinds of retarded, anon
>>
>>3087403
>talk to the old man
You never had to do that.
>>
I never tried the glitch until I was in my teens and reading about it on the internet. So, not really surprised.
>>
>>3088486
Yes you do. The game temporarily changes your name to Old man and your player name is saved into your encounter value. That's how misingno and other glitch Pokemon appear. Your name has values that translate into Pokemon with no set encounter rate.
>>
File: 386-attack.png (29 KB, 466x389) Image search: [Google]
386-attack.png
29 KB, 466x389
Pretty surprised. I was one of those "Pokegod" believers who would talk to the girl on the roof of the Celedon hotel 100 times to get Venutoise or something, but I wasn't expecting this glitch to actually work.

This is probably my autism speaking, but I always thought Deoxys was a reference to Missingno.

>4 different forms
>extreme stats; the default form hits incredibly hard but can't take a hit back, like Missingno.
>said to be an alien not from the Pokemon world
>the Gen 3 equivalent to Missingno (called "?") has the same stats as Deoxys
>>
What I want to see in a Pokemon game, a part where you enter a virtual world to stop a hacker who has been stealing Pokemon via hacking the Bill's PC system.

His pokemon? All three forms of Porygon and Missingno.
>>
>>3089410
that'd be rad
>>3089397
who wasn't? 20% of the fun about Gen1 and 2 was derived from trying out the bullshit rumors you heard in the playground and spreading them.
>tfw never encountered Celebi cause I bought the euro version and had to spend hours grinding through the ruins to get all variants of the unnown
fucking false advertisement
>>
>>3087328
Fucking Nintendo aren't even trying anymore
I bet the next generation of Pokemon are
going to be stupid.
What's next a trash bag as a Pokemon?
>>
>>3089410
There was an episode like that in the anime. Its however the one that caused people to get seizures, so it wasn't shown here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denn%C5%8D_Senshi_Porygon
>>
>>3089381
this confirms something i've thought since playing blue, the name you pick influences what shows up at the beach.

I already know you can get mew with that aswell, just don't know the name to encounter algorithm.

source: my mate had 2 mewtwo's and I got mew once.
>>
>>3091601
Funfact, picking a default name has a different effect from putting the name in manually.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.