[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /vr/. i'm wondering if anyone has a good guide for beating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: ff72010-09-1710-52-57-32.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ff72010-09-1710-52-57-32.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
hey /vr/. i'm wondering if anyone has a good guide for beating omega and ruby weapon. i want to start a new game with only this in mind and would like to build my characters, weapons and materia to optimally defeat them without the use of KOTR.

any help is appreciated!
>>
>>3086962
Eh if you're using a walkthrough what's the fucking point? I just heard someone say you should enter the fight with 2 knocked down partners and phoenix on final attack, also ruby is weak to paralyze
>>
>to optimally defeat them without the use of KOTR
Why would you do this to yourself?

Any I saw a video where Barret does a limit break and kills Emerald Weapon in one turn. Not sure how it worked, but it has so much HP you literally have to exploit the game. Like KOTR+doublecast then had everyone mimic repeatedly.
>>
you're gonna get some broken enemy skill you would never have heard of if it weren't for /vr/ then complain about the game being too easy
>>
Two words - Big Guard
>>
>>3087002
>>3087003
yep. like clockwork
>>
>>3086962
They're barely superbosses at all; by that point in the game you'll be most likely prepared to take them on with a bit of preparation
>>
>>3086996
>Eh if you're using a walkthrough what's the fucking point?
Because there are hidden items that are impossible to know the location of without using a guide.
>>
>>3087005
Big Guard doesn't make it too easy really it just puts you on an even level with the weapons' defensive capacities
>>
>>3087008
>>3087009
I know that was just a joke. JRPG threads are easy to bait.
>>
ruby is -not- immune to paralasis, however if you beat ruby by stunlocking you missed the point. imo.

>omega
you mean emerald or omega on 8?

if emerald, mime + omnislash
if omega, hero drinks, good luck.
>>
>>3086962
4x-Cut + Lucky 7s will annihilate anything in the game in a single turn.
>>
OP here, I meant to say Emerald and Ruby. My bad.
>>
File: doh.png (236 KB, 640x429) Image search: [Google]
doh.png
236 KB, 640x429
>>3087017
> YFW Aire Tam Storm those first dozen times or so
> what's even going on I don't even
>>
>>3087001
It's an integer overflow glitch. Vincent also has one. Basically, Barret's and Vincent's final weapons have a counter to increase damage (Barret's is materia AP, Vincent's is enemies killed). If you can make those counters so high that they overflow the damage formula, the game loops the numbers around and applies the maximum damage possible, which is higher than any ammount of HP enemies can have in the game.
>>
>>3087027
You do not equip any Materia except the Underwater one when fighting Emerald.

Any Materia increases the Damage of Aire Tam Storm and unless you have a surefire way of killing Emerald, you are better off only having the Underwater one Equipped.
>>
File: booga-booga.jpg (11 KB, 318x242) Image search: [Google]
booga-booga.jpg
11 KB, 318x242
>>3087039
I know, man. I just meant back then I had no idea what the damage variation meant until the realization it has to do with the equipped materia dawned

Submerging with the Sub, turning slightly in those creepy as hell dark draw-distance-based depths and suddenly seeing it slowly gliding towards you didn't contribute much to proper clear thinking
>>
>>3087039
Underwater plus a maxed HP + materia. When attacked use x potion until his stupid air tam storm. You should have 9999 health the with HP +, and his attack will take 2222 health away. Easy lucky 7.
>>
>>3087079
This. Then immediately fight Ruby and Lucky 7 him too.
>>
>>3087085
At the end of the fight after Lucky 7s, that character's HP drops to 1. Of course, there are other methods of getting and easy Lucky 7s.
>>
File: 1453938064800.png (1 MB, 648x605) Image search: [Google]
1453938064800.png
1 MB, 648x605
>>3087053
I was too stupid to figure out that it was a materia based attack because all my guys were laden with all the end game good shit when I first took it down. I thought it did unblockable max damage to KO your party every time. My solution was to link Phoenix with Final Attack.
>>
>>3087027
>Aire Tam Storm
>Materia Storm
I never managed to pick up on this when I played, but there you go.
>>
I cast Hades a lot and tossed some STOP item, idk what's the name. Kill off two members beforehand and revive them once the tentacles are up.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.