[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Theres a game i always wanted to play back then but it never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: Homeland (3).jpg (44 KB, 580x695) Image search: [Google]
Homeland (3).jpg
44 KB, 580x695
Theres a game i always wanted to play back then but it never came out anywhere outside of Japan. It's called Homeland and runs on the Gamecube. I remembered it just now, because of a picture i have saved for a decade now. A quick search on google shows that there are some people wanting to do a translation job, but they never really got around finding enough members.

http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=523
http://www.romhacking.net/helpads/515/

According to this the game would still be playable online if translated wich is awesome. Sadly im not a hacker or fluent enough in japanese, so i wouldn't be of much help. But maybe some of you are and are interested in this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeland_%28video_game%29
>>
It being a kids game, all content seems to be in hiragana/katakana, which I could translate, and wouldn't be hard to find others also willing to.

It appears most of the issues are with extracting and inserting text back in the game.
What a shame. Looks like a good game.
>>
There might be programs out there for changing the text, it doesnt seem like a hard mod to do considering you're not changing anything too significant in terms of coding... I could be talking out of my ass with all of this but so long as you can translate it changing the text shouldnt be hard.
>>
damn, that's actually real interesting. not quite retro but i'm kinda glad you mentioned it anyway. if anyone's interested in getting a translation going i could probably contribute with translation and editing, not so much with the actual hacking though, sorry.
>>
File: homeland09.jpg (24 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
homeland09.jpg
24 KB, 320x240
>>3086894
>>3086918
I'm not the guy who run that help post on romhacking, so maybe you guys should just post in the thread to reach those guys.
>>
>>3086920
looking at those threads the issue is more with lack of hackers than lack of translators, anon
>>
Damn, I remember reading about this game when I used to comb GameFAQs' database for new vidya to play. Chunsoft made a lot of quality titles that will never see the west unfortunately.
>>
https://youtu.be/eZRSpQmc_lM
>>
File: homeland_20050304.jpg (11 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
homeland_20050304.jpg
11 KB, 300x225
humble bump
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/v/331902075
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.