[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
vb wario land
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: wario.jpg (253 KB, 1154x696) Image search: [Google]
wario.jpg
253 KB, 1154x696
downloaded a vb emulator just to play this, possibly some mario tennis and red alarm too. any other vb games worth playing or are they all shit?
>>
>>3085174

VB had like 10 games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Boy_games#Released_games

The only other one people talk about is Jack Bros, but that's probably because of the megami tensi connection.
>>
>>3085174
The VB actually had a pretty good, but very small, library. Give Teleroboxer, Jack Bros, and 3D Tetris a try.
>>
Play Teleroboxer (although the control scheme might be hard to map on a regular control, you could still use the 4 face buttons as the 2nd d-pad.
Vertical Force is a decent shmup.
Galactic Piball is a pretty fun pinball game (although it's not an actuall ball, more like a disc).
Jack Bros.
Mario Clash
Innsmouse no yakata
SD Gundam Dimension Wars if you can read japanese and like SRPGs like the Super Robot War games.

There's some other puzzle games like V-tetris, Panic Bomber but I haven't tried those.

And if you like Golf games, T&E Golf (or just "Golf" in the US) is an actually pretty fun game on its own right too.
There's also one of those Konami Pro yakyuu baseball games.
>>
>>3085185
V-Tetris is shit. It's normal fucking Tetris with Starfield backgrounds. In no way does the gameplay leveage the 3D nature of the system, and the graphics aren't even good. Lazy-ass Bullet Proof Software.
>>
yeah the Wario game is worth playing and thats about it
>>
>>3085223
it'd be worth a re release but nintendo is probably too ashamed of virtual boy to do that
>>
>>3085193
give BPS a break, they weren't really working with a subject given to 3D gaming.

If the system had lived long enough we would have seen their true 3D efforts shine:

https://youtu.be/-74gn0oAXJM?t=159 (skip to 2:40 if it doesn't automatically, might also want to mute dialog)
>>
>>3085174
Why can't we have a a 2d filter that displays half of each screen and blends together the middle?
>>
VBWL a best

Also try to get a Mario Clash high score
>>
File: 3d-brille-anaglyph-rot-blau.jpg (28 KB, 800x513) Image search: [Google]
3d-brille-anaglyph-rot-blau.jpg
28 KB, 800x513
>>3085336
You can play virtual boy games in 3D with an emu + pic related.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YE4L-z5j_4
>>
>>3085174
I hope you're not playing with those disgusting stereoscopic effects enabled . . .
>>
>>3085174
I'm holding out for someone to finish a VB emulator on the 3DS.
>>
>>3085381
Yeah but the quality is worse than an actual virtual boy
>>
File: SideBySide.jpg (146 KB, 855x508) Image search: [Google]
SideBySide.jpg
146 KB, 855x508
Someone could always just display both the left and right image side by side and either use a divider or just cross your eyes (probably as comfortable for long periods as using an actual VB) to get a stereoscopic effect.
>>
>>3085451
I can do the cross eye thing, but that would fucking hurt holding it for more than a minute.
>>
>>3085381
I'd rather play in perspective corrected 2D, as those things actually HURT my eyes. I've found that my eyes start seeing everything tinted blue and red in each respective eye after using them for just a few minutes.
>>
>>3085381
Where do they even sell these anymore?
>>
File: 41Gg-TNXXqL.jpg (20 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
41Gg-TNXXqL.jpg
20 KB, 500x375
>>3085472
Amazon. You can actually get some nice looking ones.
>>
>>3085381
>>3085472
>>3085475
You have to be sure the lenses are the right shade for both colors (this is also up to the footage on screen), because there are cases when the red lens will filter the blue when the blue won't completely filter red and viceversa.
>>
File: behindtheglasses.png (6 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
behindtheglasses.png
6 KB, 500x500
>>3085463
I think it helps if you have something to block out the extra images and relax, but that's just as inconvenient as a divider.
>>
>>3085174
The VB library is actually not that bad, a bunch of them would have been remembered as good or great classics if they had been on the SNES or Gameboy Color, it's just that the VB isn't very good and the games are arguably hampered by the required gimmick quota of the system (like how the stylus/touch-screen feature was shoehorned into every DS game whether or not it filled a purpose, but with the VB, it's largely bad).

Wario is arguably the best game on the VB. I haven't played Teleroboxer but it's one of the few games that makes good use of the VB gimmick, the controls seem really funky and cool.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.