[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best and easiest to use cheat methods for PSX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: simcitybuilditcheats.jpg (269 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
simcitybuilditcheats.jpg
269 KB, 600x300
What's the best and easiest to use cheat methods for PSX games? I never used them back in the day, but there are a ton of playstation games I want to run through with god mode and whatnot.

Gameshark or something like that? Something that works with ePSXe.
>>
>epsxe
>le smug anime girl
>>
>>3084975
Because I don't want to spend 4 days and read 3 books learning mednafen and a useful frontend?
>>
File: 1452284661626.jpg (14 KB, 464x464) Image search: [Google]
1452284661626.jpg
14 KB, 464x464
>>3084991
>mfw you wait on this thread for 4 days and still don't have the answer you want
>>
>>3084991
Installing a frontend is not difficult
>>
File: pec_1.gif (92 KB, 662x545) Image search: [Google]
pec_1.gif
92 KB, 662x545
>>3084973
PEC
http://pec.duttke.de/

Latest database
https://www.sendspace.com/file/r75zje
>>
I'm pretty sure that at least PCSX-r comes with a built-in code tool.
Anyway, cheats on the PSX were either PAR (Pro Action Replay) or Gameshark. There's a difference in their formats, but I think you can easily convert from one to the other with simple maths (there's probably a program to do this somewhere...).

Not to overwhelm you already, but try to look into what "Joker Commands" are. They're a way to turn codes on and off by using a button combination (like SELECT + O or whatever). Those are unnecessary in emulators or with a real device, but if you were stuck with the CD version of Gameshark (the PS1 slim didn't have a Gameshark port), you had to use those. Then again, once you figure how to make joker codes, it's easier than clicking in a bunch of emulator options just to disable a code.
>>
>>3084973
Use a memory editor like Artmoney. Everything else is strictly for plebs.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.