[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many hours did you spend killing these things /vr/? Also
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Grand_Dragon-FFIX.png (147 KB, 612x511) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Dragon-FFIX.png
147 KB, 612x511
How many hours did you spend killing these things /vr/?

Also fuck you captcha I want pancakes now
>>
>>3084821

Heh. Yeah, I did this too. What you are supposed to do is not go there. The game thows those enemies at you at that exit so you see how strong they are, then run away.

Instead I spent a while grinding.
>>
None. I figured out the way that the game rewards stat ups around halfway through and I've never been able to get over my perfectionism enough to finish it since.

I don't even need to play it that way, it's not even a hard game, I just can't seem to deal.
>>
>>3084986
>Not grinding no matter the difficulty.
Not gonna make it.
>>
I've beaten FF9 at least five times and I've never bothered with those dragons. It's not a hard game. No need to grind.
>>
>>3084997
Wow you're so cool anon.
>>
>>3085002
Right? I'm fucking awesome.
>>
>>3084821
When I fist ran into one it was holy fuck and almost wiped my party. But I beat it and then was kind of hooked. Wasted many hours just fighting those things for fun and bopping to the battle music.
>>
>>3084997
Yeah, FF9 is probably my favorite final fantasy game, but it's not difficult by any stretch of the imagination. Just don't run from fights and you'll be fine for the whole game. Ozma is more or less a combo of setting up your party right and good RNG. Still no need to grind.
>>
>>3084986
How does the game do stat ups?
>>
>>3086030
Essentially, your character stats (Speed, Strength, Magic, Spirit) increase faster if you have equipment that boosts those stats when you level up. IE: Grinding Zidane from L1 to L99 with a Speed +1 accessory will give him a few more points in Speed than if you didn't equip that accessory.

Of course, most of the stat boosting equipment isn't available during the early parts of the game, so you want to avoid leveling until you get those items, especially with FFIX's crazy EXP curve.
>>
>>3086030
>>3086748
Also, characters that don't join at L1 (Eiko, Amarant, Quina, Beatrix) miss out on the stat growth they would've naturally gained, had they joined at L1 and gotten to their starting level manually.

IIRC, a Quina joining at L22 will have 2 points less STR and MAG, compared to a Quina joining at L1 then grinding to L22.

See this for details:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197338-final-fantasy-ix/faqs/44329
>>
>>3084821
I think the moment I got that spell I went there came up with a way to survive long enough to cast the spell than spent around 20-30 minutes buffing my characters.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.