[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I betrayed him. I feel bad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
I betrayed him.
I feel bad.
>>
>You go out of his way to save his ass
>He just kills himself at the end of the game anyway.
>>
>>3084650
I saved him, but only because a friend told me to. It was the first thing he said when I told him I was playing FF6. Although I probably would have waited for him, he was one of my favorite party members.

>>3084867
Thanks for the spoilers. I never finished the game.
>>
>>3084927
>I never finished the game.

You've had two decades, pleb.
>>
>>3084993
I'm not the guy you replied to but I hear that a lot and it's the dumbest fucking excuse.

Should people be expected to play every single game (or read every book, watch every TV show, watch every movie, whatever) within a year or two of it being released, or else they couldn't *possibly* care about it that much?

It's not much effort to put a fucking spoiler tag on something.
>>
>>3084650
Nigga betrayed me first. Fuck em!
>jumps off da fuckin island
>>
>>3085016
It's been decades, motherfucker. There is no excuse for not having played through it if you care enough to whine about spoilers.
>>
>>3085093
What if I'd never heard of the game until last week?

There's no excuse not to put a spoiler tag on your spoilers.
>>
>>3085102
i'm not convinced that spoiler tags actually prevent anyone from being spoiled.

when i see a spoiler tag, i will always read it, because it's important to understand entire context of the conversation. by omitting spoiler text, suddenly you have an incomplete picture of what's going on.

in fact, searching for anything beyond "synopsis of previous episode" implies that you are actively looking for data beyond what you already know (e.g., you are seeking spoilers!). now, you might receive some useless/unimportant spoiler information, such as a birthdate or last name or blood type of a character... or more complicated stuff like the underlying motivations for why a character acted in a certain way. it doesn't matter -- a spoiler is a spoiler. it's data beyond what you can currently understand from your vantage point.

so therefore, the only proper way to not be spoiled is to not search for that topic. it's incumbent upon the -reader-, not the -writer-, to prevent spoilers.
>>
>>3085102
>all conversations must cater to MY needs!

So we can't discuss Shadow because YOU came into the thread without completing the game? That's selfish, dude, his real name is Clyde and it's on you to know about a game if you wanna talk about it.
>>
>>3084993
I only started playing it 10 years ago. Lost interest shortly after reaching the world of ruin. I usually like a bit of non-linearity, but this was really just a lot of "here are some random objectives with no overarching narrative" which really turns me of in an RPG, apparently. Also, I got to the Fanatic's Tower or whatever, the one where you can only use magic, and got annoyed, because I hadn't been distributing good spells across my whole party, so I kept getting fucking spanked, and decided I didn't like the game enough to keep playing anyway.

I didn't really care about the spoilers.
>>
>>3085163
I have completed the game. I already said I'm not the guy he replied to. I don't even see anything wrong with discussing spoilers in this thread because it's clearly an FF6 plot thread just based on the original post. Anybody that gets spoiled by reading this thread chose to read it, so it's their fault. I just think the "the game's old dude, deal with it" excuse is stupid and selfish. People make that same excuse all the time, even in completely unrelated places where you don't expect to be spoiled, and it makes no sense because it assumes that everybody should be expected to know about and play every game that they're interested in as soon as it comes out.
>>
>>3085171
>I just think the "the game's old dude, deal with it" excuse is stupid and selfish.

Funny, because the "everyone needs to spoiler tag things that are damn near common knowledge" excuse is stupid and selfish.
>>
>>3085178
How is it? It takes no effort whatsoever to spoiler tag something and harms nobody. The only reason not to do it is laziness or because you specifically *want* to spoil people, in which case you're an asshole.
>>
File: 214.jpg (80 KB, 654x960) Image search: [Google]
214.jpg
80 KB, 654x960
>>3085186
Is this you?
>>
>>3085192
No, and you know that that's completely different. Nobody likes being spoiled. It's their own fault if they walk into a thread that's obviously a plot discussion, or something like "saddest character deaths" where there are obviously going to be spoilers. I just hate when somebody casually throws out a major spoiler for a game in an ordinary discussion and then covers their ass with "Well it's YOUR fault for not finishing the game already", as if that should be an expectation.
>>
>>3084650
>>3084867
>>3084927

>Him
>He

u wot m8?
>>
>>3085196
Its exactly the same. Discussing absolutely anything with a plot could theoretically need a spoiler tag. The picture is about retardedly unnecessary tagging. Youre describing retardedly unnecessary tagging. You said you played the game yourself so your even defending a theoretical person who may be upset. Next time someone discusses how annoying Medusa heads are in castlevania im going to get really upset because someone might want not want to be spoiled on there being medusa heads in castlevania. Basiacally we have to put a spoiler tag on the planet to function.

Yes time passing is an excellet barometer for spoilers. Its why vader is lukes father is absolutely fine to post without spoilers. If someone wanted to not be spoiled by a particular game theyd stay out of discussions just like how i avoided /co/ until i finished watching daredevil season 2
>>
>>3085208
I agree that there are times when tagging spoilers is necessary and times when it's unnecessary, but I don't think time is ever a good excuse. Even something like the example you gave with Darth Vader isn't a good reason because there are plenty of people who have never watched Star Wars (myself included, though I don't plan to, either) even after all this time.
>>
>>3085201
His name is Clyde.
>>
>>3085353
>>3085212
>>3085208

Elektra dies but season 3 seems to have her revival. Frank Castle is alive.

John Snow's actor confirms Snow is dead and won't come back as a zombie.

Deadpool 2 will have Cable.
>>
>>3085406
Fortunately I don't know who John Snow, Elektra or Frank Castle are, and I don't watch Deadpool or know what Cable is. You're still an asshole though.
>>
>>3085413
Don't give a shit, faggot. We don't have to cater to you.
>>
>>3085417
Why would you go on a discussion board and not show even a little bit of courtesy?
>>
>>3085430

Neither me nor anyone else owe you anything, certainly not the spoilers to a 20 year old game that has had as much exposure as yer mum's crotch.
Fuck off back to gayddit, faggot.
>>
>>3084650
You're a monster OP.
>>
>>3085430
Do you know where you are?
>>
>>3085439
Why can't you understand? Are you retarded?

I'm not complaining about somebody saying spoilers without spoiler tags. I'm just saying that the "it's old, get over it" excuse is fucking dumb.
>>
>>3085447
I know I'm on /vr/. Back in 2014 the people on this board showed courtesy, for the most part. I just wish it hadn't gotten shit in the past year-ish.
>>
>>3085171
There's a big difference between "as soon as it comes out" and "twenty years".

There are lots of movies from the 80s I haven't seen yet but it's ridiculous to tip toe around spoilers because anyone who really cared enough would've seen them by now. It's my fault for taking my sweet ass time to view them, so if I get spoiled it's my own fault.
>>
>>3085457
What about younger people? There's a good chance a game or movie came out before many people were even born.
>>
>>3085192
saved for future /ck/ shitposting, thanks :^)
>>
>>3085461
They probably don't even care in that case. I know when I was 10 I didn't care about movies from the 60s.
>>
>>3085469
What if I told you FF6 came out before I was born?
>>
>>3085473
Doesn't change a thing. Don't enter FF6 threads if you don't want FF6 spoilers.
>>
>>3085461
>What about younger people?

I would think after 20 years, any form of media entertainment will already have reached about 98% of its total lifetime audience.
>>
>>3084927
>Although I probably would have waited for him
Well, after his words "We'll meet again" or how they were I thought it's not necessary waiting for him because he'll find a way to get from the Floating continent (whatever, I didn't think to wait).
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.