[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sega saturn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11
File: 816026sega-saturn1.jpg (30 KB, 700x499) Image search: [Google]
816026sega-saturn1.jpg
30 KB, 700x499
sega saturn thread
>>
File: 0322161243-00.jpg (333 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
0322161243-00.jpg
333 KB, 1600x1200
sonic jam
>>
File: anchorman-random-guy-on-fire-o.gif (243 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
anchorman-random-guy-on-fire-o.gif
243 KB, 320x180
Burning Rangers anyone?
>>
SEGA
>>
Thanks to the Sega Saturn, I discovered Virtua Cop.

Virtua Cop was the first game I played on the Sega Saturn.

I like the Virtua Cop series very much.
>>
File: prik0001.jpg (26 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
prik0001.jpg
26 KB, 320x224
Finally beat Panzer Dragoon on hard for the first time tonight! Now I'm wasted playing Keriotosse! and Shadow of the Tusk.

Going to Japan next month for a few weeks and can't wait to pick up some controllers and a few games for other consoles. You think it's feasible to find Bulk Slash or Princess Crown for under $50?
>>
File: MrBones.jpg (34 KB, 250x425) Image search: [Google]
MrBones.jpg
34 KB, 250x425
bones
>>
>>3083931
You can always play princess crown on a jailbroken psp.
>>
>>3083797
I know very little about the Saturn library. Are there any Saturn exclusives that run at a solid 60fps and have no grinding/farming/unskippable cutscenes/other timewasting? The other 5th gen consoles do very poorly at this.
>>
What are some good, cheap Saturn games I can pick-up? I want to get a Saturn really badly. These resellers at the local flea market always have at least one and they'll sell me one with two controllers for $35, but all the games are expensive as fuck. Guardian Heroes, Panzer Dragoon, and Shining Force are my primary reasons for wanting one, though at this point I don't see the prices of those coming down ever.
>>
>>3085158

Get a modchip or an AR cart and just burn CD-Rs
>>
Still waiting for the GDEMU guy to restock his CD unit emulator for the saturn.
>>
>>3085161
Where's the best place for a cheap AR? Everyone on eBay wants $35+ for them.
>>
>>3086461
Play-Asia.
>>
>>3085158
>158▶>>3085161
>What are some good, cheap Saturn games
Panzer Dragoon I & II are cheap if you import.
>>
>>3086461
>>3086482
Amazon has them for <$30US before shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008FPMBNG
>>
>>3085170
From the sounds of his blog that might be a while, It's not his full time job and it takes a lot of work to produce.
>>
"NetLink Modem (Web Browser CD not needed)
NetLink Game
Analog Phone Service
It is pretty straight forward. Just plug your modems into the phone jack, fire up the systems with the game in it, decide who hosts, and the non-hosting player will dial the host. It is as simple as that "

Daytona USA CCE NetLink Edition
Duke Nukem 3D – All versions
Saturn Bomberman – All versions
Sega Rally Champinship Plus - Only with NetLink logo
Virtual On
>>
File: save as.jpg (66 KB, 585x393) Image search: [Google]
save as.jpg
66 KB, 585x393
>>3086723
"The 60FPS smooth mode is acomplished by:
Going to Options, highlight Game Mode,
hold A + C, press Left or Right."
https://youtu.be/chZpx2qUl-Y
>>
>>3086738
http://segaretro.org/Arcade_Racer_Joystick
http://segaretro.org/Sega_Mission_Stick
>>
>>3086738
So you're saying the PAL version of Sega Ages has a secret 60fps mode?
>>
>>3084085
http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?26920-Games-with-3D-graphics-running-at-60-fps-5th-Generation-Consoles
>>
What's a decent price for a used Saturn on Ebay?
I've wanted to get one for a while.
>>
>>3086819
No, it's in all versions, the road gets drawn at 60fps
>>
>>3089384
Depends, Jap saturn is the cheapest but Shipping might cost you, if you live outside the US it will also require a step down converter for the power.
>>
>>3089384
US prices are $50-$80 with cables now. Sometime a bit less or more.

Problem is finding a mint one.
>>
File: sad.jpg (101 KB, 850x656) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
101 KB, 850x656
So Im looking to expand my fighting collection.

I see pics of Vampire Savior and some of them have a ram cart. I remember a few of the KOF games need their own cart but will my AR work for VS and the various capcom games
>>
>>3090917
KOF95 has it's own ROM cart.
The others make use of a RAM cart.

>will my AR work for VS and the various capcom games
I've been getting a small bit of corrupted graphics here or there with mine, but I have a feeling that is just a case of it not making good contact, as reseating it seems to remedy the situation.
Savior is working quite nicely, and MSHvsSF seems to work fine as well.
>>
>>3090917
You need the 4mb AR cart for the capcom fighters (except for Pocket Fighters and Cyberbots). SNK games generally use the 1mb ram expansion, which the 4mb Action Replay supports. The only KoF game that has a custom cart is 95, which is a great game but you have to own a real copy to play because of it.

More than likely you're fine, the 1mb cart is very uncommon.
>>
>>3090934

huh, I would have imagined Cyberbots would be more demanding
>>
>>3090946
Well, It does use the 1mb cart, so it's more demanding that a vanilla saturn game? the game looks fantastic regardless.
>>
>>3090917
TRY ASUKA 120%
>>
>>3090954

looks kind of neat. think I shall do just that
>>
what are some hidden gems?
>>
>>3091712

Baku Baku
>>
>>3091724
that's not very hidden
>>
>>3091748

Welp, go play it anyway
>>
>>3091712
Bulk Slash and Island of the Seven Winds Story.
>>
Will I ever be able to buy a fucking Rhea or anything anytime soon?
Pretty sure my disc reader is on its way out.
>>
>>3090917
Haven't played the Saturn version, but Waku Waku 7 is pretty fun.
>>
File: MadouMonogatari_title.png (74 KB, 352x240) Image search: [Google]
MadouMonogatari_title.png
74 KB, 352x240
Not sure if this would belong here, but I'm having a bit of trouble on its emulation side.

The game I wanna play is composed of a .bin and .cue file, and of course, the version of Daemon I use won't read Bin files, and that one's where all the data is -- mounting the .cue file does nothing. Any advice? Pic related, it's the game in question.
>>
>>3091838
Update, I've tried a game with a similar situation, it worked just fine. Maybe I just have a bad rip? Provided, it's the only rip easily available.
>>
>>3091854
There are a lot of awful rips of saturn games out there. Try running a program called cdmage on it (has helped me with a couple disc images), and also open up the cue file to make sure that it's actually pointing to the proper filename of the bin, doesn't have a weird path in it, etc... That's another problem I've sometimes come across with cues.
>>
>>3092147
Not op but thanks for this advice, there are a ha dful of saturn games I really want to play with unusable rips.
>>
There's AR carts that double as 4MB ram carts. So you can play games that require them KOF 95 is the only one that requires a special ram cart.
>>
alright m8s, I have a question
a request to find a game on the SS

It was an old-style 2D side-scrolling game, I think it was Japan only (because I had a copy as a kid and it was just in JP)
It was something like Japanese mythology but the monster designs were turned up to 11 and were super ugly looking
I can't really say anything else, it was always at night time and always had that "spooky" theme going for it

Ni-Oh looks like a modern, 3D version of it
>>
>>3093635
Shinrei Jusatsushi Tarōmaru is the name of the game, I just saw it in a Sega Saturn video and it reminded me
Thanks for trying anyways, brs
>>
File: Brother.jpg (636 KB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
Brother.jpg
636 KB, 1280x688
What would be the best way to go about buying a Saturn?

I live in Australia. Although the saturn did pretty poorly in much of the western world, it probably did especially poorly here as the general population tends to sway more towards popular platforms. In other words, if the playstation absolutely slayed the Saturn and to a lesser extent the N64 in America and Europe, it would have had no hope here.

So that means that Australian saturns are priced rather high here on ebay. That doesn't bother me though because collecting PAL systems and games for anything before sixth generation is a bit silly.

If I get a Japanese saturn over an american saturn (it's cheaper) Does something like pseudo-saturn allow me to play region free backups? Should I get a model 1 or model 2?
>>
>>3091838
You have to mount the cue sheet, not the bin.
>>
>>3093921
Aussie here, I personally imported a Japanese saturn, that cost me like $100 with shipping and came with 10 games (ebay). You do habe to run a stepdown power converter for that, you ca get one for $50 from jaycar. I use pseudosaturn on my Action replay and it plays all regions.
>>
>>3093991
>You do habe to run a stepdown power converter for that, you ca get one for $50 from jaycar
I already have one for my NTSC Dreamcast and my NTSC SNES so I'm all good there.
>I use pseudosaturn on my Action replay and it plays all regions.
I'll have to get that action replay too.

Looks like i'm gonna pull the trigger. Thanks mate.
>>
>>3083797
How's the copy protection on that thing?
>>
>>3094000
Terrible, you can literally swap out a real game with a fake one mid load and play backups.
>>
>>3094014
Sweet. Gonna save up for one so I can play Panzer Dragoon Saga then. Does it have RGB out of the box?
>>
>>3094021
Yes.
>>
>>3094024
Great!
>>
>>3091786
is there a working iso of nanatsu kaze no shima monogatori out there?
>>
>>3094037
yeah
>>
>>3094428
fuck off cunt saturn was the best sega home console
>>
>>3094037
just download the redump set.
>>
File: Sega Rally Championship.jpg (37 KB, 406x400) Image search: [Google]
Sega Rally Championship.jpg
37 KB, 406x400
I got a Japanese Saturn in January and it's now the only system I have physical games for other than the PS3.

Also pic related is the best game on the Saturn.
>>
File: Daytona USA.jpg (325 KB, 709x709) Image search: [Google]
Daytona USA.jpg
325 KB, 709x709
DAYTONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
Hey, is there any benefit or item rewards for completely highlighting maps in Panzer Dragoon Saga?
>>
>>3094724
Not sure, but the game does keep track of it in the end.
>>
>>3094724
you get a different picture in the end I think. post it when you get it because I don't have it
>>
>>3094524
that feeling when you unlock lakeside.

stratos ripping skids for days.
>>
Is it too late to collect Saturn games?

I have quite a few but I'm tempted to get back into it. It's so expensive though for innocuous titles like Mr. Bones.

Cheaper just to start collecting PS2 and Xbox games.
>>
>>3093928
I had, and the game wouldn't start on SSF. Strangely enough, it DID start on Yabause. I guess this shouldn't be unusual considering the nature of Saturn emulation but still.
>>
>>3094862
The library is very small. Unless you want a complete library it's not so horrible. Good luck if you want Panzer Dragoon Saga or shit like that though. That game is creeping up to $600 now. About $450-$550 atm.

If you love the 5th generation of games it's worth it though in my opinion.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.