[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is my PS1 dying?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: PSone.jpg (24 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
PSone.jpg
24 KB, 425x425
I've had my PS1 for... 16 years now, I think, maybe more? I don't remember, but it's the model with the screen, as in the picture.

I didn't play it for a year, maybe 2, but I felt like buying a CD and burning Spyro 3 and Klonoa to play it on it (the PS1 has a modchip).

... So...
It doesnt read my burns (It reads Spyro 3 sometimes)
All my burned discs of yore cant be read well or freeze at some point, with the exception of Mega Man X4, which works, but the sound stream is iffy, the music stops for 1 or 2 seconds at random. Ditto with FMVs.

The problem I described with my X4 happens with my original copy of Spyro the Dragon as well.

... However, my copy of MGS (From the Essential Collection), works perfectly, once I get it to boot. It's in mint condition, the disc.

So... Is my reader dying? Any fix? Any recomendation?
>>
ガンパレ

おすすめ
>>
>>3082291
Ganpare is recomended? What?
>>
>>3082291
OPのPS1がゲームCDを読めない状態でガンパレが遊びできないよ
>>
>>3082287
That's a faulty laser alright. I am not sure because I don't have a PS1, but I think the lasers they used on those things were the same as normal CD players. Might be easy/cheap to fix.
>>
>>3082314
Hope youre right anon, about it being the same as CD player readers...
>>
>>3082314
Could be the shuttle sticking.
>>
>>3082303
>遊びできない
これは「遊べない」って書くやろ?
>>
>>3082287
I think you can just buy a new driver assembly, although seeing how cheap PSOne's are it might not be that much more expensive, perhaps even cheaper, to get a new unit altogether.

If you could get a big gray PS (which are even cheaper) with a confirmed working drive that could also be a cheap way to get a new disk drive, as they should be interchangeable AFAIK.
>>
>>3082346
いや、OPが望めばガンパレを遊びたいならほかのほうほうがあるでしょう?でも、問題は今のコーンソールは壊れちゃったからPS1を使ってできないはずでしょう
>>
>>3082359
いや、文法の事だが...

ここの「使ってできない」も普通は「使えない」って書くんですよ。
>>
>>3082379
あっ
意味が分かった
今まで教えた嘘に生きていた
泣く…
>>
>>3082287
Did you burn them in good quality discs?
I know some old burnt discs become unreadable after a few years.
>>
>>3082450
The CDs I burned yesterday were brand-new Sony CD-Rs.

The ones from years ago are from various different brands...

Back then I didnt had a CD burner, nor was I savvy on the ways of ISO downloading, so in my country everyone with a PS1 just went buy burned CDs for cheap.

As for my Spyro and MGS, those're original.
>>
>>3083065
Old ass cheap CDRs very likely used organic dyes that have decomposed. Don't count on them to work like they did ten or fifteen years ago.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.