[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
diablo 1 psx + sabr filter looks like a trippy painted version
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 14
diablo 1 psx + sabr filter looks like a trippy painted version of the game
>>
>>3078496
i guess so
>>
Van Gogh filter when
>>
>>3078496
I don't like filters but this look pretty nice tbqh
>>
>>3078496
post more pictures I am interested
>>
Man I wish I could find that Blo Blo thread in the archive but it seems to be a long lost /v/ relic.
>>
Post butcher pls.
>>
oh whoops, didn't check the thread

i'll do some more pics and ya i don't normally like scaling filters but this shit looks fucking awesome
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>3079492
here you go, anon
>>
and here's me dead, time to go back to my newest save
>>
File: zc5yA45.jpg (51 KB, 1148x809) Image search: [Google]
zc5yA45.jpg
51 KB, 1148x809
>>3078496
Are you trolling or blind? Either way consider suicide.
>>
it looks... interesting, I suppose. Diablo is one of the few games that actually look better with filters, although this one is arguable.

there's a generic vaseline one for DOSBOX that vastly improves the game at 2, 3 times the original resolution.
>>
That's cool as f
>>
>>3081953
>there's a generic vaseline one for DOSBOX that vastly improves the game at 2, 3 times the original resolution.
pics or it didn't happen
the original diablo is beautiful
>>
>>3078496
make a webm of it in motion
>>
Diablo I&II had such great atmosphere. Did III have it as well?
>>
>>3078496
How does the ps1 port hold up anyways compared to it's PC counterpart?
>>
>>3082181
sorry, it's a convoluted as fuck setup and I deleted mine. you have to get Win95 running under DOSBOX so you can use the shader.

it's one of these if memory serves: http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza/
>>
>>3082363
it's like playing a game optimized for PC on a gamepad. it'll drive you crazy if you ever played the PC version before because everything is a chore. speaking of chores, the loading times are absurd.

it's solid other than that. the gameplay, even with all of its shortcomings, is oddly enjoyable.
>>
>>3082363

Loading times are awful, controls work well unless you're playing a Sorcerer, graphics are better, animations are worse, menus can be annoying when you have to use them, and you'll need an entire memory card to save the game.
>>
lol that looks fucking unplayable..
>>
>>3078496
>PSX
>Diablo
Don't play the shit version of any game?
>>
>>3081546
>>3081547
Looks like red jello. Who would play shit like this?
>>
>>3082712
>>3082724
I'd like to add to this and make a case for Hellfire.

although Hellfire sucks and you should skip most of its content, the added classes breath new life into the game. Warrior and Rogue sucked in comparison to the Sorceror but the Barbarian and specially the Bard are on par with it. they're what the Warrior and the Rogue should've been.

the added spells are nice too. you'll miss out on this on the PSX version.
>>
>>3078496
Looks like my ex-wife's cunt.
>>
>>3082846
yeah

i'll try and post a webm of it in motion later or something busy af doe and have no idea about screencappin on osx
>>
File: ex.jpg (507 KB, 4368x540) Image search: [Google]
ex.jpg
507 KB, 4368x540
It doesn't look like a painting at all to me. It looks like a bad upscaling filter.
>>
File: jpg.jpg (413 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
413 KB, 1920x1080
>>3085029

A lot like the one used in many areas of Resident Evil's remake remake.
>>
That actually does look kind of cool.
>>
>>3083512
Are you retarded? Rogue was best for speedruns. Warrior was the easiest for beating Diablo because magic resistance. And it's ENCHANTER... who sucks in earlygame and lategame.
>>
>>3087196
>http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Sorcerer

Wrong name. Still Sorc is pretty useless in early game and cockblocked by magic resistance later on.
>>
>>3085043
>remake remake

Was there a second one or are you just stuttering?
>>
File: 2015-07-05_00002.jpg (117 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-05_00002.jpg
117 KB, 1280x800
>>3078496
>"psx"
>"x"
>>
>>3087228
>>
>>3087226
He means the HD port.
>>
>>3087196
>>3087213
>they don't know about Bountiful Staff of Apoc

I mean, you could gimp yourself and pretend the SORCERER/OR (lots of old material refer to Jazreth? as sorceror if memory serves) is at the same level as the warrior and the rogue, but that would be a lie. only barb and bard are at the same level /without needing to resort to magic/. I should've mentioned that before.

>speedruns

that's a whole different subject.
>>
>>3087595
>http://diablo.gamepedia.com/Apocalypse_(Diablo_I)
Blockable and Hellfire is not canon.
>>
>>3089365
>blockable

so? besides, I have yet to see a Blood Knight block Apoc. I don't think a single cast was ever blocked in all of my runs.

>not canon

also a wholly different subject.
>>
>>3078496
It looks like a huge haDOOken!
>>
>>3081912
Not OP here
are you trolling or just a big asshole? either way consider chilling out
>>
>>3087213
>cockblocked by magic resistance later on
As much as sorc gets his shit fucked up in the hell floors, the other classes have it worse.

>>3089365
Dude apocalypse is in vanilla D1, you can just only get it on staffs and scrolls.
>>
just cruise around and only clear floors with no lightning immunes, that will remove that "cockblocked" feel
>>
>>3096510
Things that aren't immune to fire are pretty easy to kill though, because fireball does bugged damage.
>>
File: GBIE08-14.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
GBIE08-14.png
1 MB, 1024x768
>>3085043

They increased contrast too much. Blacks were crushed!
>>
>>3096559
>see the word "Black" in a Diablo 1 thread
>nervous sweating intensifies
>>
>>3096415
>you can just only get it on staffs and scrolls.
I mean as a learnable spell in the no-canon expansion. Having it on only staffs and scrolls just nerfs it.
>>
>>3096605
>not abusing the fuck out of the Mana Shield bug
>>
I just recently learned about the -light radius mechanic and wanted to do a run based around it.

what's the best class for that? Bard?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.