[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this meant to be impossible? I have savescummed here for about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: somebullshit.png (19 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
somebullshit.png
19 KB, 240x160
Is this meant to be impossible? I have savescummed here for about 2+ hours and have only done damage to him once. Is this game retardedly difficult or should I just kill myself?
>>
>>3078304
what weird version is this? is it on GBA or something?
>>
>>3078327
Yep. Final Fight One.
>>
>>3078304
He will always charge at you if he's a good distance away. Cody's punches can interrupt his charge and then you can chuck him for massive damage. Back away, repeat.

Sodom is just a case of exploiting his AI.
>>
Does the GBA version have the same enemy buffs that the SNES version has? It always annoys me how Axl and Slash could take half of your life bar with their hammerpunches.
>>
>>3078329
play the arcade retard
>>
>>3078368
yeah it's the same SNES version, except now it's pretty poorly balanced because there are 6 of those buffed enemies on screen all the time.
>>
>>3078368
Yeah that's the only thing affected by difficulty settings.
>>
>>3078304
You sicken me. I played the SNES version over and over again until I beat the entire game, and I played using the original cartridge on the original model 1 system. If you want to beat Katana, just punch him twice and grapple him behind you, make sure to keep him near the center of the ring, as far to the top or bottom as possible. When he charges, stand directly below or on top of him and he'll narrowly miss you and leave himself open. What about this is hard to understand?
>>
File: 1452496897033.jpg (27 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
1452496897033.jpg
27 KB, 235x235
>>3078304
When you save scum, you never get better at a game. You don't have the skillz to play him apparently.
>>
>>3078304
FF1 is notoriously impossible if you're playing single player. You get pitiful lives, take immense damage, and the stages are long and there are many of them. It can be done, but it takes years of practice, no joke.
>>
>>3078729
>years
more like weeks, probably a couple months
>>
>>3078742
SNES version was extremely cheap at certain points and the GBA version is based on that.
>>
>>3078742
Beating the SNES takes even less time, probably 1 or 2 weeks at most.
>>
>>3078742
>weeks
>months
>years
'never' sounds more likely for me :(
>>
>>3078729
>years of practice

You must be really really really bad at games.

You should maybe stick with JRPGs.

>>3078749
Uh what? The SNES version is retarded-baby-mode. Play the arcade version or get the fuck out.
>>
>>3078729
I've finished FF1 with Haggar on my 3rd try. The fact that his gameplay is slower and more manageable than Cody/Guy is a huge plus when you're in singleplayer.
>>
>>3078917
>Uh what? The SNES version is retarded-baby-mode. Play the arcade version or get the fuck out.
Arcade version is easier to one life. The only reason you think it's easier is because the SNES version is more generous with its default settings.
>>
>>3078954
You're retarded.
>>
>>3078964
The fact that there's plenty of no-miss clears on the AC Final Fight on Youtube and NicoNico, but almost none for the SNES version proves my point.
>>
I remember having difficultly with him at first but like all the bosses, he has a pattern you can exploit.
I just can't remember what it is really. Figure it out yourself.
>>
>>3078986
^__^
>>
>>3078986
It only proves that nobody gives a fuck about the SFC port, because you know, Japan actually has an arcade culture.
>>
>>3078917
>You must be really really really bad at games.
Guy who can't even beat FF SNES posting the best /vr/ meme :^)
>>
File: Final Fight 3 Cast.jpg (366 KB, 948x507) Image search: [Google]
Final Fight 3 Cast.jpg
366 KB, 948x507
>>3078390
It's just as good as the arcade version.
I love this version have it complete for my GBA
really wish they would have released Final Fight 2
and Final Fight 3 for GBA as well.
>>
>>3079034
No, the arcade version is much easier because you can hitstun literally everything including bosses charge attacks. The Snes version requires careful dodging and optimizing your attacks against the likes of Sodom and Abigail
>>
>>3082228
Not it's just the mediocre SNES port with more enemies on screen.

>>3082307
Sodom is the thing that is harder in the SNES version. Abigail even with his ridiculous invincibility time is cake to infinite due to only 2 enemies spawn.
>>
>>3082326
Sodom is the only thing*
>>
>>3082326
Oh wait, Abigail only spawns 1 enemy, even easier kek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR2aHdm_LGQ (23:28)
>>
>>3082228
>It's just as good as the arcade version.
Retard. You probably think that microwave pizza is just as good as a New York slice.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.