[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys think the original 3D assets for the DKC trilogy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1410371159246.jpg (19 KB, 402x268) Image search: [Google]
1410371159246.jpg
19 KB, 402x268
Do you guys think the original 3D assets for the DKC trilogy still exist?

If they did we could potentially get a flawless HD remaster, which would be fucking amazing.
>>
The assets were stored on DAT tapes. That's all I know.
>>
>>3077887
>If they did we could potentially get a flawless HD remaster, which would be fucking amazing.
But the games would still suck. Besides which, they could just recreate the levels using DKCR.
>>
>>3077904
>But the games would still suck.

How fucking dare you.

>Besides which, they could just recreate the levels using DKCR.

DKCR doesn't have anywhere near the aesthetic quality of the Rare trilogy.
>>
>If they did we could potentially get a flawless HD remaster, which would be fucking amazing

Problem with early 90s assets is that their quality doesn't hold up to today's standards. The level of detail and stylization would have to be reworked. It might work for a fan remake but a serious studio is unlikely to port it just like that.
>>
>>3077887

Rare made a point to keep a lot of stuff. There was some video about the unreleased game banjo came from, there was a lot of new footage. It's likely that one of the stamper bros have all of the original assets stored somewhere.
>>
>>3077924
>Problem with early 90s assets is that their quality doesn't hold up to today's standards

No shit. But it's not supposed to hold up to today's standards, it would only have to exceed yesterday's standards.
>>
>>3077916
He's right though. DKC is like slow Sonic five years late
>>
>>3077940

But they're fun.
>>
>>3077940

>DKC is like slow Sonic five years late

What? That doesn't make any sense. It's nothing like sonic.
>>
I was just wondering this earlier today, OP. Would be really interesting to see the original games rendered fully in HD and with the original 3D models.

I wonder if they would retain the same charm the old ones had?
>>
>>3077940
So basically Sonic where you're not punished for going fast, because you can't.

Therefore, a significantly better game than Sonic.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.