[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best dedicated emulation portable you can get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
What's the best dedicated emulation portable you can get right now? Nvidia shields are getting harder to come by
>>
>>3076982
Portable Wii
>>
PSP.
>>
>>3076982
what do you mean 'getting harder to come by' you can still buy them anywhere
>>
>>3076982
>Harder to come by
Uhhhhhhh, what?
>>
get a jxd 7800b, preddy gud
>>
I'm about to get the note 4 plus the hdmi for it. I've also ordered bt controller. That should serge all my portable gaming needs. Can't wait get psp's wipe out running on tv
>>
>>3076982
Note 4 plus Bluetooth controller. Plus hdmi cable
>>
>>3080283
Can it run N64 games with the pixel perfect graphics plugin with no slowdown?
Can it run the CRT Royale filter for G2-G4 systems?
How's the PS1 emulation? No noticeable slowdown or glitches?
Saturn? Dreamcast?
>>
>>3079907
This, under $50 to get any game you want up through the Playstation. I don't know about N64 games, but I wouldn't be surprised if they worked as well.
>>
>>3080892
>Can it run N64 games with the pixel perfect graphics plugin with no slowdown?

N64 emulation is pretty shit across the board.

>Can it run the CRT Royale filter for G2-G4 systems?

Ewwww....
>>
>>3080927
Don't be such an ignoramus, I bet your knowledge of this subject is 6 years out of date.
>>
>>3080892
No to all. It's a shitty android phone with horrible input delay in an off brand vita case.
>>
>>3080987

>phone

it's a tablet you pleb
>>
>>3080991
Same shit different case
Irrelevant since it's in a ps vita case
>>
>>3080905
N64 is shit on the PSP, comparable to pi2 performance... so basically shit.

PSX is native though, which is badass. I'm playing through SOTN right now on my PSP and it's flawless.

Just be careful with some games. I tried out Soul Reaver with a bit of failure. It was meant to use the L2/R2 setup which is usually bound to the control stick on the PSP and on a game like that, sort of blows. Need a dualshock for that one.
>>
Hijacking OP's thread. Up until recently I had a DS with a R4, and it was good for my purposes. How does a PSP compare? I know it can't play DS ggames but who gives a shit. I am more interested in the ps1 games, since I never played so many of them (Had a SNES as a kid, then a 64). I am pretty much retarded when it comes to tech, is it easy to mod? Also I am in Italy, and DS are fucking cheap here. Are PSPs more expensive?
>>
>>3083489
PSP is a bit more expensive I think, but there are bargains to be had of course. It is simple to mod. Get the microsd to proprietary sony shit adapter on ebay from china for $1 shipped.
>>
>>3080991
>tablet
it's a ipad touch retard
>>
>>3083508
Thanks breh. In the end I think I might be better off just getting a cheap laptop with an HDMI port and a wireless controller.
>>
>>3080892
>Can it run N64 games with the pixel perfect graphics plugin with no slowdown?
suck my pixel perfect dick
>>
>>3076982
hacked psp m8
>>3080892
oh your one of those emulator guys nothing then suck my dick
>>
Shield Portable is still the best. If you're a home body though, Shield Tablet plus controller should be up your alley.
>>
>>3080220
Not the portable, it's been discontinued and was never readily available outside the US despite being officially released
>>
>>3081162
>I'm playing through SOTN right now on my PSP and it's flawless.
Did that a while ago, it was great.
I also played with the psx port of x-com for a bit.

I don't see an emulation general so I'll just ask here, what gb emulator for psp has the most accurate sound? I want to put lsdj on it.
>>
>>3080892
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>3080892
GPD XD can do all that, Saturn emulation is still rather buggy but plays games such as panzer dragoon saga without a hitch
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.