[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon Quest VI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: DragonQuestDSvsSNES.jpg (375 KB, 1144x593) Image search: [Google]
DragonQuestDSvsSNES.jpg
375 KB, 1144x593
Help me decide, should I play the SNES translated or the DS version?

(I know DS is not retro, but the game is)
>>
You should play Dragon Quest V.
>>
>>3073971
Yeah I know, but I want to play VI first, about V should I play the PS2 remake or the DS version?
>>
>>3073982
never heard of a PS1 version of VI
>>
>>3073985
IV V and VI are a trilogy, and there are some references to previous games in the series supposedly (I'm only halfway through V myself). It might make more sense to play them in order, but I guess it really doesn't matter.

FWIW, the DS remakes are great. The sprites are gorgeous and the translation is solid if you don't mind liberal use of eye dialect. I like that they're portable because DQ is a comfy game to play outside or in bed.
>>
OP, can you even read moonrunes? If not, the answer should be obvious.
>>
>>3073951
Straight answer: VI fan translation wasn't ever finished and is a mess.

Do yourself a favor, just get the officially translated DS/Mobile.
>>
>>3074002
No I cant read =/ it would be a dream if I could
>>
>>3074049
OP here, I've played 30min of both, the patch that translates the snes version creates a bug while you browse the itens it makes the game freeze, the battle encouter rate is outrageous, the DS version seems to adress a lot of flaws, the camera even turns, although the sprite work in the SNES version is more pleasing to my eyes, I think I'm going to stick with the DS version thanks for the tips people
>>
>>3074126
You can always try. DQ games are fairly friendly for Japanese beginners.
>>
>>3074001
they are said to be trilogy, but in what story are they connected?
seem irrelevant each other
>>
>>3074274
For the most part they irrelevant to each other. The only common thread is the city of Zenethia and the armor set of the same namesake. In 4 it's a city in the clouds, in five it's now fallen from the sky and is in ruin. 6 is supposed to be a prequel to 4 and I don't quite know how it ties into 4 since I haven't beaten 6 yet.
>>
Wait for VII and VIII on 3DS you cucklord.
>>
>>3074359
They're already out. The bigger problem is 3DS emulation is still lacking.
>>
>>3074274
They aren't connected at all.
>>
>>3074362
>They're already out
Irrelevant, OP said he's too stupid to learn Jap.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.