[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /vr/, would it be possible to to mod an snes controller wire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: controller mod.jpg (56 KB, 652x399) Image search: [Google]
controller mod.jpg
56 KB, 652x399
hey /vr/, would it be possible to to mod an snes controller wire to a gamecube port so i can plug it into a gamecube adapter to play on my pc? i'm trying to learn small and easy soldering/mods as i have no experience in that field, but it interests me and i'd love to learn.
pic related
>inb4 just buy an snes controller for pc
>>
this might help:

http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products.php?category=snes
>>
Why not just mod the SNES controller and make it direct to USB? Why bother with the Gamecube portion at all?
>>
>>3073525
Maybe he already knows how to make a USB mod and now wanna learn it for Gamecube?
>>
File: nesorsnestongcorwii.jpg (16 KB, 409x365) Image search: [Google]
nesorsnestongcorwii.jpg
16 KB, 409x365
This already exists so just steal their circuit design
>>
>>3073525
how would i do that?
>>
>>3073607
http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/nes2usb/index.php
>>
>>3073521
this sites pretty neat, thanks for showing me it
>>
>>3073575
So much cool shit exists now. I can't even imagine how blown away I would have been by Genesis to SNES converters when I was a kid.
>>
>>3073632
seriously, this is crazy. has anyone here tried the snes to wiimote adapter? is there any input lag?
>>
>>3073657

Low latency (less than 3ms)

is the wii classic controller the same? or is this just the problem when you create adapters like these?
>>
>>3073824
I don't notice any issues using wiimote>classic.

If you got the dosh JP released a sfcncontroller for Nintendo clunb members.
>>
>>3073657
You mean aside from what you get with the wiimote itself? Yes. Not a lot. It's measurable but hardly noticeable. However when you add up all the latency it will have obvious lag to anyone who's using it for something other than playing EB. So 99% of the board will have no issues.
>>
They sell SNES USB controllers for under $3 USD on aliexpress. Just buy that.
>>
>>3075060
No u. If you did you probably wouldn't be recommending them. Or you have very weak hands. I've seen an 8 year old kid break one in half just playing a game.
>>
>>3073521
>>3073623

If you're from the EU and want two, order them seperately. The added tax is more than the cost of paying shipping twice.

Good product, though. I got some a couple of years ago and the join between cables is a big vulcanized lump with a board inside, pretty ugly, but it works.
>>
>>3075060
Those controllers suck dick and if you buy one you're probably a retard.
>>
File: 31S63AWFCAL._SX385_.jpg (10 KB, 385x209) Image search: [Google]
31S63AWFCAL._SX385_.jpg
10 KB, 385x209
>>3075206
If you buy the black snes controllers, they're actually pretty good. There are 3 or 4 main types of shitty, cheap USB controllers.

Terrible break-in-half with euro/jap colors
Terrible break-in-half with US colors
Good controllers with euro/jap colors (slightly curved dpad)
Same good controllers with black/brown colors (slightly curved dpad)

The only way to be sure you get the good sort is to buy the black ones, since the shitty controllers thankfully don't come in black.

pic related: note the aforementioned slight curve in the dpad.
>>
File: 1397806443632.jpg (48 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1397806443632.jpg
48 KB, 720x405
>>3075490
Further to this: my emulation setup uses an original super famicom controller with the board from one of these inside, plus one of these, and they're both really good.

Actual snes controllers feel pretty spongey when I go back to using my flashcart in the actual console.
>>
>>3075490
The brittleness is usually caused by running the injection molding process too fast and at the wrong temperature. The color of the pellets doesn't matter much.
Sellers on Aliexpress are mostly trading companies. Even if they have a good product one time there's no guarantee they won't switch to a cheaper product for the next shipment. And there's no guarantee the factory won't change their process to pump out more faster or cheaper.
>>
>>3076482
>The color of the pellets doesn't matter much.

I realise the color doesn't matter, I'm saying the company who make the range including the black controller generally put out a better quality product than the others in the snes controller game.

>Even if they have a good product one time there's no guarantee they won't switch to a cheaper product for the next shipment.
This is exactly why I said to buy black, because if they advertise a generic snes controller, they can easily send out whatever they have, but if you specifically buy a BLACK one, they will generally honor a color choice.

Seriously, read the fucking post for shits sake.
>>
>>3076696
>only one company makes black controllers and they have always and will always make them exactly the same.
Yeah, ok kid. Sorry you got triggered by reality.
>>
>>3076787
I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with these controllers, enough to blast anybody online who is even considering purchasing them, but please at least try to post without adding in as many meme buzzwords as possible.
>>
>>3073575
Wow, that's nuts
>>
On amazon there's a japanese import, a clone of the super famicom controller by a company called buffalo. It's very good. Look for snes controller buffalo.
>>
>>3077956
I'm not blasting anyone for considering purchasing them. I'm just offering sound advice about buying on places like aliexpress. As I said aliexpress is mostly just a much of trading companies selling whatever shit they can get their hands on and have no control over production, quality, etc. Ordering a black controller will not magically guarantee you a good controller. In fact, it looks like no one in aliexpress is even selling these right now.
For some reason you took this as some sort of personal attack. It's likely an age related issue so calling you a kid isn't a maymay, it's an observation. If I was going for maymays I'd have called you a shill.
>>
>>3078162
seconded, my iBuffalo controllers rule.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.