[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EVO - Search for Eden
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
Why was this highly original and innovative game never given the respect it deserved?
>>
Too fucking hard and grindy
>>
My friend finally got me to play it after years of nagging, and it was awful. It's "Grind: The Game".
>>
>>3073198
Because nothing that happened many times while you weren't here happened.
>>
>>3073230
this
>>
>>3073198
As someone who never had a SNES or like RPG elements, I enjoyed this game. Especially the music.
>>
The ability to choose how you want to evolve was cool but you had to grind and personally it feels like work if I have to grind.
>>
Did people really need to grind?

My only complaint is that some dungeons/mazes are a bit too confusing, I think I got lost for hours on the cloud maze and the alien temple/ship dungeon, but other than that it was an amazing game, would replay.
>>
I beat it and liked it around 2005 I think. I enjoyed Seventh Cross even more but I played it closer to release and it may not have "aged" as well but honestly how a game ages is very subjective according to your personal aesthetic. EVO has very polished sprite work though while Seventh Cross uses seriously primitive low poly but I still think that looks cool especially in progressive scan.
>>
>tfw hex edited hp and last boss still killed me
the words lack of balance come to mind...
>>
>>3073563
I bet you changed to a human like a faggot instead of remaining a god lizard
>>
>>3073563

Wasn't the final boss easy as fuck?

The hardest boss was the yetti mom, the bee queen comes close 2nd.
>>
>>3073565
did both endings

>>3073570
its been a while but IIRC its not too hard but it can kill you very fast if you get caught out.
>>
This was a prime example of a game with a premise and a terrible execution.
>>
>>3073570
Several bosses can be hard if you make bad choices or are under leveled or won't make the effort to figure out how to beat it. ADHD spergs who think killing everything that comes your way is grinding will have problems just getting to bosses. I won't even get started on having to look for the bosses patterns and take advantage of them. Not a game for the casual murio crowd.
>>
People calling the game grindy are probably scrubs or just idiots making up stuff to complain.
You can go through most levels without grinding at all, and when you do have to grind it is so little it can be done in a few minutes.

This thread is proof that you should never take /vr/ too seriously, specially when it comes to critics/reviews.
>>
>>3073198
because it was fucking boring lol
>>
I guess you won't get the appeal if you weren't one of those kids interested in dinosaurs.

I was.
>>
It's fun. Customizing my character and trying all the different upgrades to see what I could become was great. Never did beat it though, got stuck on the final boss.
>>
>>3075271

Its more the bosses.

You can very easily get combo'd or gibbed, especially if you haven't evolved a lot.

It basically just means you're doing dumb shit like buying the cheapest horn and then removing it to get a full heal, which is stupid.
>>
>>3073198
Too bad there's no real side-grades. Everything is either 100% better or worse. It kills the replay value unless you opt to do a non-mammal playthrough or something.
>>
>>3073198
Controls are kind of janky, the difficulty level is all over the place, and the combat mechanics are pretty opaque. It can get really grindy if you only learn to bite things and never learn the bite/charge attack or the kick stunlock.

I love the game for its vision and occasional bat shit insane ideas, but if you're not willing to cut it some slack for those, it's pretty flawed.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.