[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is the best snes emulator? Is it zsnes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: brown-sugar-blueberry-muffins-2.jpg (358 KB, 4608x3072) Image search: [Google]
brown-sugar-blueberry-muffins-2.jpg
358 KB, 4608x3072
Which is the best snes emulator? Is it zsnes?
>>
ZSNES is the best snes emulator if you still use a Pentium 2.
>>
>>3071139
Well then which is?
>>
Check the wiki in the emulator general of vg.
Accuracy vs speed
>>
ZSNES is the comfyist, the dark blue DOS vibe and the falling snow makes emulation feel like a magical experience.

If you want something more modern give retroarch a go.
>>
>>3071136
>Is it zsnes?
Obviously not.
>>
>>3071146

snes9x, bsnes and snesgt are all great choices, depending on what your computer can run. bsnes is going to require a multi-core CPU, but snes9x and especially snesgt run great on older hardware.

zsnes 1.41 is still decent, but newer versions are no longer compatible with a number of games because the developers removed game-specific hacks from the emulator that made those games run in the first place. snes9x and snesgt are way ahead of it.

Multi-system emulators are just frontends that use the snes9x or bsnes cores, so there's no point in bothering with them.

The snesgt page is in Japanese, so here's the download link for the latest English version: http://gigo.retrogames.com/bbs/c-board.cgi?cmd=one;no=2205;id=
>>
>>3071567
>>Multi-system emulators are just frontends that use the snes9x or bsnes cores, so there's no point in bothering with them.

Unless you want exclusive fullscreen, diagonals that aren't broken, or no forced filetype associations...
>>
>>3071187
>ZSNES is the comfyist, the dark blue DOS vibe and the falling snow makes emulation feel like a magical experience.
Pretty sure there's a frontend for recent versions of Snes9x that reproduces the falling snow thing. Probably a better choice.

>>3072269
>exclusive fullscreen
What the hell is that?
>>
>>3072275
fullscreen that isn't just a maximized borderless window
>>
>>3072269
>Unless you want exclusive fullscreen, diagonals that aren't broken, or no forced filetype associations...

Uh, you don't need a frontend for these. All of these emulators have native GUIs, and I'm pretty sure they support exclusive fullscreen, diagonal directional input and don't force filetype associations.
>>
>>3072291
>and I'm pretty sure they support exclusive fullscreen,

higan doesn't.

>diagonal directional input

snes9x handles diagonals poorly

>don't force filetype associations.

snes9x does this

Don't care about "native GUIs"
>>
Higan. Zsnes is like that disco man who's stuck in the 70's. Don't use it. If you're stuck on a toaster I'd use Snes9x.
>>
>>3072302
>snes9x handles diagonals poorly

Not it doesn't? The emulator allows you to enable diagonal controls through the menu. snesgt handles diagonal input just fine. I have no idea about zsnes as I haven't used it in the 10 or so years it's been obsolete.

>higan doesn't

higan isn't every SNES emulator available.

>snes9x does this

Since when? You may be right, but I haven't seen this behavior in any other SNES emulator.
>>
>>3071136
can i have one of those muffins
>>
>anything other than bsnes
>ever
>>
i love zsnes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynjERjWIOmY
>>
>>3071187
>ZSNES is the comfyist, the dark blue DOS vibe and the falling snow makes emulation feel like a magical experience.
Try ZMZ. It's the ZSNES interface with a libretro Snes9x core.
>>
>>3072518
dat duck at 2:50
>>
>>3072518
I have a sudden morbid desire to hear the opera
>>
>ITT Contrarian shitlords and their multi-core emulators fight and argue with autism inflicted nostalgia fags who can't get over the fact their favorite emulator for middle school is fucking trash.

You're killing /vr/ with this.
>>
ZSNES is extremely inaccurate. Not sure why anyone would recommend using it.
>>
>>3073256
I still use ZSNES but yeah I wouldn't recommend it either.
I use it cause my PC is an old slow piece of crap, and it has that handy save SPC thing for capturing the music when I corrupt roms.
>>
zsnes is alright, cycle accurate debugging emu if you're autist

>zsnes is bad
bitch your emulating a snes not HAL.
>>
this is why /emugen/ hates /vr/

zsnes is deprecated, there's literally no reason to use other than the access to shitty romhacks that's made around zsnes's inaccuracies
>>
>>3073920
>this is why /emugen/ hates /vr/

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

And if it's any consolation, /vr/ also hates /emugen/ just as well, namely because
1.) Generals belong on fucking >>>/vg/ (and /vg/ has this very same general, so why the fuck are you cross-posting it here?)
2.) It's just an excuse for RA shills to circlejerk over their glorified (see "plagiarized") frontend
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.