[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you play anything but the Japanese arcade version you are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: FFLogo.png (348 KB, 640x394) Image search: [Google]
FFLogo.png
348 KB, 640x394
If you play anything but the Japanese arcade version you are a pussy.

The US version gives you like 5 bonus lives.

The Japanese version gives you 1 bonus life.

Someone on this board said that Final Fight isn't hard to 1cc. You know who you are, buster. You obviously play the US version which was made for girls. Why don't you try to 1cc the Japanese version and come back and say the game ain't tough.
>>
MAME doesn't count in any event.
>>
I rarely see people playing FF with 5 extra lives, isn't that only in the 360 port?

Either way, Final Fight is hard but not that hard to 1cc.
>>
>>3070457
Which version do you play?
>>
>>3070472
World version bonus at 100k, it's pretty much the same as jap.
>>
>>3070427

I prefer the SNES version desu senpai
>>
CPS1:

>Final Fight
10/10

>Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
10/10

>Tenchi wo Kurau
10/10

>Tenchi wo Kurau II
10/10

>The Punisher
9.5/10

>The King of Dragons
8.5/10

>Knights of the Round
7/10

>Captain Commando
6.5/10

CPS2:

>Battle Circuit
7.5/10

>Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom
8.5/10

>Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara
8.5/10

>Armored Warriors
7.5/10
>>
>>3070505
CapCom ain't that bad and Dynasty wars + Punisher are too high
>>
>>3070510
Tenchi wo Kurau 1 is a 10/10 game without a question.

Punisher is a great fucking game too.
>>
obligatory git gut
>>
File: 0000.png (4 KB, 384x224) Image search: [Google]
0000.png
4 KB, 384x224
>>3070427
>The US version gives you like 5 bonus lives.
>The Japanese version gives you 1 bonus life.
Pretty sure it's just two starting life and one bonus life on factory settings in every version. You can set it to four starting lives and five bonuses for a max total of nine. It doesn't which region you're playing. It's all adjustable via dip switches.
>>
>>3070427
You and the guy you're calling out probably have way too much spare time

go book a motel and explore each other's mancaves
>>
>>3070427
The Japanese version also isn't censored to hell and is the pure experience.
>>
>>3071276
Absolutely.

Everyone should only play the Japanese version.
>>
>>3070427
>pussy for playing anything but the arcade
>emulation
>infinite continues
>>
>>3071276
>>3071506
Outside of seeing Jessica in her undies on the attract mode, there's really not much of a difference between the two.
>>
>>3071517
Are you retarded? No, seriously, are you? Have you ever heard of a thing called 1cc? It's plainly obvious that the OP was referring to 1cc runs considering the context of the post.
>>
God tier:
Tenchi wo Kurau II
Final Fight
D&D ToD
Cadillacs

High tier
D&D SoM
AvP
King of Dragons
The Punisher
Battle Circuit

Mid tier
Powered Gear
Captain Command
Knights of the Round
Tenchi wo Kurau
>>
>>3071517
you can still 1cc on MAME dummy
>>
>>3071903
>Tenchi wo Kurau
>Mid tier

You have to let that game 'click' to realize how fun and amazing it is. That game is regarded as highly as its sequel in Japan. It took me a long time to appreciate that game. The thing is that the game is like a hybrid shoot-em-up / beat-em-up so it takes a bit to get used to the game. It's about using charge attacks for offense and normal swipes for defense (against projectiles), and flurries are mainly optional. Also, don't be obsessed with charging your attack 100% every single time even when in a tight spot, that's gonna become a bad habit.

Seriously, even describing the game makes me want to play it right now and the background music is playing in my head. Once the game 'clicks' it's just that freaking fun and addictive. But it took me years and years of ignoring and dismissing the game (mainly because of the seemingly chaotic nature and initial difficulty) before I gave it another proper chance and the rest is history.

>The satisfaction of charging up your weapon, waiting for 10 enemies to line up in your lane and mowing them down in one blow.
That's one of the most satisfying things you can do in any beat-em-up ever made.

Tenchi wo Kurau 1 is at least high tier, pham. The rest of your list is spot on, although I don't care much for CPS2 games these days.
>>
1) Final Fight
2) Tenchi wo Kurau 1
3) Tenchi wo Kurau 2
4) Cadillacs & Dinosaurs
5) The King of Dragons
6) The Punisher
7) Captain Commando
8) Knights of the Round
>>
>>3071979

I've never even heard of that game but I'm definitely going to try it out tonight.
>>
>>3072351
Start with the Japanese version. The difficulty is more manageable than the other regional versions.
>>
>>3070427
>1ccing a 90 minute game
JUST LOL
sure feels nice being a neet
>>
>>3072351
Also start off with Zhao Yun. He's the best imo and has a fast weapon charging speed.

Starting off with Zhang Fei or Guan Yu will be annoying because their charge speed is slow. Liu Bei has the fastest weapon charging speed and most health but his reach is bad.
>>
>>3072410
>Final Fight
>90 minute game

Nope. About 25 to 40 minutes if you know what you're doing, and depending on the character.

An hour if you're credit feeding.
>>
>>3072418
That's still 37 minutes too long.
>>
>>3071796

yes im retarded
>>
>>3071979
Okay nigga you convinced me, i'd not say it's a 10/10 but i'm enjoying, it's a lot like King of Dragon but with auto-scroll.
>>
>>3072438
What games do you play anyway if time is such an issue?
>>
>>3072438

>25-40 minutes is 37 minutes too long

dude 3 minutes isn't even long enough to clear a dungeon in a mobage, the fuck are you on?
>>
>>3072489
Actually, lower estimate is 25. -37 that's negative twelve minutes.
Real pros will complete the game so fasr, the time itself breaks, so playing the game gives you extra time instead of wasting it. You can use this as an exploit to achieve immortality without setting up a phylactery and/or a virgin sacrifice (and you wouldn't want to sacrifice one of your circle of friends).

If you can't do that, you're a fucking scrub, and don't even waste time playing. Fun is for fucking casuals.
>>
>>3072450
Good to hear. That game is fun.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.