[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I bought Kirby Super Star on SNES but, it turned out the game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
So I bought Kirby Super Star on SNES but, it turned out the game wouldn't save. I replaced the battery yesterday and it worked for a bit but then my games kept erasing. Any idea what the problem could be? I've tested other games in the console and they save just fine. Pic related: The cart in question
>>
These pictures are garbage but the thing on the cart labeled "R1" is a tad screwed up. I tried to show it here. Not sure what that specific component does or whether or not that could be causing anything
>>
>>3068448
turns out this picture was entirely unnecessary
>>
I also have a Kirby Super Star (J) and it saved normally, played normally and everything seemed just fine. One day I accidentally poked the cart when trying to eject it, and the screen became glitched and I heard a silent bleep sound. Scared, I reset the game and found all my save files gone.
I'm not an expert on the subject, but could it be that KSS is a exceptionally fragile cart (because of the extra SA-1 contact legs?)

I dunno. Clean the contacts, make sure you don't wiggle or push it under any circumstances.
>>
>>3068506
I was a tad worried about that because I was considering just buying another copy. i'll give that a shot and see what happens, thanks
>>
When I owned the game irl it was rather prone to that kind of glitch where it would suddenly erase the data if it was ever started or in operation while the contacts were moved about or out of position, can't say I ever figured out why it was so delicate.
>>
>>3068448

Resistor

Simple component but often quite important.
>>
>>3068537
same here bro, but since the game is so easy I didn't mind playing through the stages again
>>
Did you make sure the battery was flipped to the right side when your replaced it? I made that mistake once.
>>
>>3068774
realistically this is probably it, would there be any realistic way to replace it? this component is unbelievably small
>>
should have stuck to emulators fuccboi
>>
>>3069187
Find out what kind of surface mount resistor you need.
Clean the board, and then carefully put solder paste on the solder points.
Then set the resistor, maybe with tweezers.
And reflow that board in a toaster oven @ 375 for about five minutes.
>>
>>3069307
very helpful, thank you
>>
>>3069307
Looks like a 0603 package, easily big enough to hand solder. Just clean the pads carefully first. You don't need to buy paste + oven.
>>
>>3068442
maybe the battery its not working, check the voltage with a voltimeter, try a new battery
>>
>>3070331
it's happened 3 times in a row, i doubt it's the battery
>>
>>3070205
so that'd be the specific type of resistor to buy? a 0603 surface mount?
>>
>>3071928
It's the size, the value has to be measured with a multimeter.
>>
>>3071936
all right, thanks
>>
>>3068506
>>3068537

I lost a save file on this game too, back in the day. I was pissed because it was only the third save slot that got erased and the was the one that I had 100%. The Arena was a fucking bitch to beat using only AI partners.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.