[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How Softcore Are You?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5
File: kirby-adventure.jpg (141 KB, 640x912) Image search: [Google]
kirby-adventure.jpg
141 KB, 640x912
I gave up on Kirby's Adventure because I couldn't get past the Sun & Moon boss fight.
>>
i've never beat a single boss dude on megaman

i did almost beat megaman x doe
>>
>>3067520
There's a difference between being softcore and being a drooling retard that can't figure out the simplest of patterns to save his life. You must have an amazing job.
>>
>>3067520
On both Banjo Kazooie and Secret of Mana, I got to the last boss, had a few goes and thought "fuck this shit" and just left it there.

I regret nothing.
>>
I got lost in LoZ:OoT's Spirit Temple as a kid. Replayed it from the start as an adult and still can't get past it.
>>
Always died at the fifth level of die hard with a vengeance, gave up cause i could never get past it
>>
Earthworm Jim. Yes, the submarine level. What else?
>>
If I can, I will probably abuse quick save/save states. It's not that if I tried I probably couldn't beat them game, it's just j don't feel like mastering a videogame. Feels stupid.
>>
>>3067684
You do know that you are supposed to come back later as adult Link to finish the temple, right?
>>
>>3067520
I couldn't clear both loops of Dodonpachi. :(
>>
>>3067786
You mean child link? You start the temple as an adult
>>
I can't even beat Radiant Silvergun on easy at max weapon levels.
>>
>>3067814
just credit feed through arcade mode, nigga
>>
>>3067820
B-but I want to finally get good at shooters at age 30.
>>
File: 1440490387155.png (266 KB, 368x657) Image search: [Google]
1440490387155.png
266 KB, 368x657
That feel when dyspraxic and therefore doomed to be forever shit at games.
>>
>>3067821
Play a shump that doesn't force you to score like an autist then.
>>
When I'm stuck on a puzzle in a game, I last about 3 minutes before looking up the solution.
>>
>>3067926
Madman detected.
>>
>>3067926
I bet you last about 3 minutes in other departments too.
>>
>>3067824
I went in Anne Summers with a dyspraxic once and he kept dropping the dildos. It was hilarious.Big up to the dyspraxics: nature's visual comedians.
>>
>>3067520
Are you me?
>>
>>3067802
No. You go to the desert as adult Link to get the warp song. You warp there as a kid, and get the Silver Gauntlets. Then you go back as adult Link and use the gauntlets to complete the temple.
>>
File: prik0001.jpg (26 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
prik0001.jpg
26 KB, 320x224
>>3067832
Got any suggestions? The only one I can beat lately is Sengoku Blade on the monkey difficulty. Gun.Smoke as a kid. Surprisingly, I'm doing really well in Purikura Daisakusen.
>>
I never got past world 8-3 in Super Mario Bros. I beat SMW though.

I got to the Metropolis Zone I think in Sonic 2?
>>
>>3068058
You could try a Touhou game.
>>
i gave of ocarina for 6 months after severe water temple frustration
>>
>>3068076
Wow. You must be stupid.
>>
>>3068076
let me guess, you didn't check the area under the platform that goes up where a key chest is?
>>
>>3067520
i beat ninja gaiden 1 and 2, then on 3 i couldn't get passed the spike level.....
>>
I couldn't beat the final boss in Diddy Kong Racing.

Also couldn't finish the final level in Driver

Also couldn't finish the final race in Burnout 3

Am I just bad at racing games?
>>
>>3067520
Could never beat the original super mario bros. Even with warp pipe abuse I made it to like world 5 beforw losing all my lives. It doesn't help I could never do the 99 lives thing.
>>
>>3068109
Not him, but I got stuck in the water temple as a kid and that is the location of the key I was missing. I felt like such an idiot after I found it.
>>
I can handle nearly any Zelda game without dying, but I can't even get past the first level of a 2d Mario.
>>
>>3067520
I could never get into Megaman for some reason game feels too hard to me. Like, I have less troubles with something like Ninja Gaiden, Bionic Commando, Contra - I blast through those with sheer determination, but Megaman, I always get quickly discouraged early on. Not a problem with later Megaman games like X and Zero, just the classic series.
>>
>>3068369
The thing I love about the NES Megaman games is the incredible replayability. It takes several tries through a level to get really good at it. It is really frustrating at first though but they aren't all that hard, there is just a lot of trial and error involved.
>>
File: 1395614053719.png (63 KB, 174x233) Image search: [Google]
1395614053719.png
63 KB, 174x233
>mfw it took me a little over 2 hours to kill the last boss in Do-Re-Mi
>>
>>3068196
I think Super Mario Bros. is harder than people tend to think. I mean sure, they beat it when they were 7, but it was probably one of the only games they had and they probably played it every day for ages. There are a whole bunch of supposedly hard NES and arcade games that I can do reasonably well in, but Super Mario Bros kicked my ass. After a week of practice I managed to get to 8-4, but then I got game over and I couldn't get past the level in world 8 with the fucktons of hammer bros again.
>>
>>3068558
Don't worry bro. Didn't take me that long but I share your pain. Surprisingly challenging final boss, who takes just a little too many hits to kill.
>>
>>3068059
It was fucking AGES until I had level 8-1, followed by 8-2 finished. Case in point -
>Get NES in 1988 for Christmas
>playplayplay
>Get SMB3 in 1994, finish it all fairly easily, save for the level 8 fortress, easy now
>FINALLY master levels 8-1, and 8-2, courtesy of SMB Deluxe in 1999.
>Protip: The long pit followed by the single square followed by another pit in 8-1 doesn't need to be ran+jumped.

On another note, I love Sonic 2, can beat it, no problem. Sonic 3 (and CD) can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>3067520
Kirby's Adventure is one of the easiest popular NES games.

Still an amazing game, but if you can't beat it you're objectively stupid.
>>
Back in elementary school I beat Kirby's Adventure in Nesticle with a friend over one weekend sleepover, but recently replaying sections of it in NES Remix I was surprised at how tough some sections were compared to my memories and Kirby's overall track record.

I was also surprised over how little I could remember... Maybe time is due for a full replay.
>>
>>3067520
I get lost in Marble Zone (I think?) in Sonic 1.
I also get lost in chemical plant zone in Sonic 2
The few times I luck through it I get lost in Aquatic Ruins.

I've never beaten any of the Genesis sonic games for that reason. (I can't remember why 3/3K I couldn't beat.), managed Adventure fine.

I suck at platformers in general too. I used to be good at SMW/Yoshi's Island, but goodness knows how since I'm so bad at Mario it's embarrassing.
>>
>>3069273
You don't exactly get "lost" in Sonic games.
>>
>>3069279
Somehow I pull it off.
(It could be that all the parts of the stage look alike so I end up thinking I'm going in circles and trying to counter it by going backwards, it's been a while.)
>>
>>3069025

It's a great game! I beat it about a month ago. You should replay it. I'm currently playing through all the Kirby games in release order. My favorite is Superstar followed by Adventure. I'm on Dream Land 3 right now.
>>
>>3069014
>Still an amazing game, but if you can't beat it you're objectively stupid.

Says the person who doesn't understand what "objectively" means.
>>
>>3068008
We're basically trapped in a retards body.
>>
I could never get past the first level in ecco the dolphin.

I remember playing that game a whole fucking lot though just doing absolutely nothing at all. Swimming around was a blast.
>>
>>3068601
Sonic CD is just creepy man
>>
>>3069014
Not everyone is an MLG pro gamer like you man, Kirby can get pretty difficult.
>>
>>3067520
Gave up on Mario 64 because the second half of the game is boring as fuck and looks much worse than the first half.
>>
File: wet-dry world.png (58 KB, 256x244) Image search: [Google]
wet-dry world.png
58 KB, 256x244
>>3069727
Second half of the game has the best level in SM64 though.
>>
>>3067684
homie i can't even get past gerudo fortress
>>
>>3068003
That's 5 minutes longer than you.
>>
I absolutely hate RPGs or anything with autistic stats in it.
>>
>>3069765
As a kid I always mesmerized by that background. It's seriously so out of place.
>>
>>3068563
I'd say it IS harder. That one, and a couple other Nintendo made NES games have difficulty you don't see too often anymore.

For me, having played the shit out of Metroid when I was a kid, exploring, getting lost, etc, Zero Mission was a huge disappointment when I blew through it in two days.

>>3069014
It is pretty easy, but for the hell of it, I'll admit that the Bronto Burts always kick my ass.

>>3069273
I couldn't get into Sonic 3, no matter how much I played it. Played the shit out of 1, 2, and S&K though.

For addendum, I love RPGs, both western and JP. But I can't get into roguelikes, or for that matter, first person stuff ala Wizardry, or Persona 1/Megami Tensei.

>>3069806
You and I differ there. Stat building is one my most favorite parts of an RPG. It's how I have a tendency to overgrind in some games.
>>
>>3069778
>>3067684
literally just beat the game then

it took me 3 years due to stop/start playing but seriously OoT is easy as fuck

the only boss i actually died fighting was the final ganon fight

Gerudo fort was the second most fun part of the game desu, the final boss is the most fun

and the you do the first half of the spirit temple as a child, then come back as an adult
>>
I had to call the Nintendo helpline to get into Saffron City.
>>
I keep forgetting that not everyone is good at 2D platformers.

That was my main genre growing up and it's what I immediately think of when I think "videogame."
>>
I could never beat level 2 and up in Hyper Zone without states
>>
>>3069636
>MLG pro gamer
>for being able to beat a kirby game

yeah ok man.
>>
Can't clear the first Megaman without using the glitch, shit's pretty damn hard.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.