[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started Tales of Phantasia last night for SNES. Played about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: tales-of-phantasia-english.3.png (7 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
tales-of-phantasia-english.3.png
7 KB, 256x224
Just started Tales of Phantasia last night for SNES. Played about 3 hours straight. God damn is it fun. (May your soul rest in peace) What are some tips I should know before I keep playing? Yeah... I lost the knights saber already.
>>
Fun fact, it's the worst Tales of, on par with Tempest
>>
>>3066587
(you)
>>
>>3066596
Go into a Tales general and ask what the worst Tales game is, and people will say "Phantasia". I guarantee it.
>>
>>3066602
Not true. ToP has problems - the encounter rate sucks, the gameplay isn't as good in the SNES version, and its dungeons aren't the greatest - but it has nothing on shitty games like Tempest or Innocence.

OP, if you can, play the PS1 remake, it's actually vastly improved over the original.
>>
>>3066602
Wow, are you ever wrong.

Most Tales fans these days do prefer the combo madness that's present in the later games, but a lot can still appreciate Phantasia's plot and characters.

The most disliked Tales games are less-known ones like Destiny/2, Symphonia 2, maybe even Zesteria (which is my personal least favorite).
>>
>>3066587
Please. Legendia and Symphonia 2 are the worst.

Top is fun, especially the PS3 port
>>
I bet Arche fucks like a tiger.
>>
>>3066843
K A N G A R O O
A
N
G
A
R
O
O
>>
>>3066843
She gave me my first boner
>>
>>3066686
>but a lot can still appreciate Phantasia's plot and characters.
WHOOPS I JUST DROPPED THE MACGUFFIN BECAUSE MY FINGERS ARE LITERAL BUTTER
>>
>>3066583
>Focus on Klarth
>One shoot bosses
>???
>Profit
>>
>>3066794
Is there even a PS3 port? Or do you mean the PSP port?
>>
>>3066954
He probably means PSP. I only like the first two games, Phantasia and Destiny.
>>
>>3066583
>Just started Tales of Phantasia last night for SNES
Play PSX version.
>>
>>3066583
>What are some tips I should know before I keep playing?
Grind for exp and tech exp whenever you have the chance to.
Not so much for the extra levels but also for the sweet loot the monsters drop.
Not to use the items themselves, but to sell them and use the sweet cast to stock on rune bottles to use on the rare herbs so they could raise your stats with twise the power as a normal herb.
>>
Honestly the only tales games I really ever was sucked into were Symphonia and Phantasia (PS1)

Eternia was okay, but the story and characters were pretty awful.
Tales of the Abyss was fun, but it too much like an anime.

Tales of Vesperia I hated. I just didn't care about any of it and was bored to tears.

Hated Innocence.

I kind of want to play more Tales games because of how much I liked Symphonia and Phantasia, but I feel I'd just keep being disappointed.
>>
>>3067560
>the only games really ever was sucked into
How does someone grow up so stupid that don't even understand what elementary-level subject-verb agreement is? Does it actually hurt your brain when your neanderthal mind struggles to find words to express the ideas in the cave-painting world that is your mind?
>>
>>3067565
Get off your high horse. Maybe his first language isn't English. You understood what he wrote and this isn't a job interview. I can be a bit of a grammar Nazi but it's a board about games and he was on topic. Fuck off.
>>
Guys I actually like Tales of Destiny the best
>>
I know PSX version is better, but I just can't get over the fact that I prefer the SNES version music a whole lot more. Whenever I feel like playing ToP again I'd rather turn on my SNES.
>>
>>3066843
I wish someone would re-translate Phantasia so that it would actually be accurate instead of having shit like this pumped in all over the fucking place.
>>
>>3066583
Play Star Ocean when you're done. It's made by basically the same team.
>>
>>3068135
Both PS1 translations are good.
>>
>>3066857
>One shoot bosses

I think you mean "Walk up real close to them and spam the A button" because that's the winning strategy for 90% of battles, including Dhaos. Once they hit the edge of the screen you're done.
>>
>>3066853
halle berry gave me mine.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.