[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /vr/ think of this platformer? Did you enjoy it more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: Klonoa.jpg (227 KB, 950x950) Image search: [Google]
Klonoa.jpg
227 KB, 950x950
What does /vr/ think of this platformer? Did you enjoy it more or less than its sequel?
>>
Haven't played yet any other game in the series, the original game is awesome
>>
File: image.gif (335 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
335 KB, 500x364
It is one of my favorite platformers
>>
Game play is solid. Pretty good.
Grapihcs are pretty good.
Characters are cute. But they can get a little annoying.

The fucking story is too sad far that game. Why would you do that
>>
Love the platforming gimmick/technique (whatever the fuck you want to call it) and think it's fun. Haven't beaten the game but heard it's sad. Don't know how since it seems so colorful and lively. Scared to find out why.
>>
I cried like a little girl from both games
>>
>>3064762
Ending is overrated.
>>
>>3065064
Watch yourself with that edge.
>>
I think the game is cute and easy. The levels are fun and clever and I'd put the difficulty higher than Kirby or Mario, but still pleasantly surmountable.

Was expecting some real 'tear-jerker' from the bawlers on /v/, but got a mostly sweet and light-hearted story with a bittersweet ending.

Never played the sequel. Game is too expensive for what it is these days; espx is your friend.
>>
It had a lot of talented composers working on the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YyhuIRRnpM
>>
File: klonoa.jpg (204 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
klonoa.jpg
204 KB, 1080x720
It's fucking radical. That's me and that's my Klonoa.
>>
Why are American copies $100+ on eBay now?
Why is someone trying to sell just the manual for $70?
I bought mine complete for $30 in 2009. That is a reasonable price to pay for this game.
Getting back on topic though, I played this and thought it was OK but never finished it. Same goes for the sequel.
>>
TONDAY TONDAY TONDAY TONDAY TONDAY
>>
>>3064762
Pretty good actually, I like it way better than Spyro and Crash.
>>
I thought Klonoa was overrated. The controls sucked, the levels were featureless, the enemies and bosses didn't present any real challenge, it was very slow and ponderous. It was more like a puzzle game than a platformer. The second one was even worse. But at least they appreciate in value pretty well.
>>
one of the greatest platformers ever made
>>
Klonoa looked adorable in the first, then he became a Sonic reject. Why?
>>
>>3065945
The mid-2000's were not kind to any of the cutesy animal mascot characters.
>>
Ending makes me cry everytime, not entirely sure why. Pretty average game but it plays well and the collectable thing is something to do on the side.
>>
I've been meaning to play it but I've just never gotten around to it. Is it as good as everyone says?
>>
>>3065064
Go yupopo powaaha yourself.
>>
>>3065945
Klonoa recovered part of his adorableness in the GBA games and the knee-slapping funny beach volleyball game for the old PSX.
>>
>>3065945
Klonoa is actually older and more grown up in the second game.
>>
>>3066302
And this time Klonoa already knows what's going to happen once he saves the world and the crisis is over.
>>3066190
It's a good fun, but the one who really decides that is yourself after you finish playing.
The graphics are great, the plot is absorbing and the music is a textbook definition of "dreamy" though.
>>
File: rupurudu.jpg (894 KB, 1777x1853) Image search: [Google]
rupurudu.jpg
894 KB, 1777x1853
>he's never coming back
>>
File: 1384493098899.jpg (9 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
1384493098899.jpg
9 KB, 252x252
>>3065198
>Was expecting some real 'tear-jerker' from the bawlers on /v/, but got a mostly sweet and light-hearted story with a bittersweet ending.
Well, I'm guessing the ending doesn't hit you as hard if you expect something sad beforehand. That's the fault of people trying to bring attention to a story by highlighting the twists.

>>3065712
It's a puzzle platformer. I don't know what you expected. Then again, people tend to forget to mention the puzzle part of it.

Klonoa is the epitome of comfy, if you ask me.
>>
>>3066512
>It's a puzzle platformer. I don't know what you expected. Then again, people tend to forget to mention the puzzle part of it.

RPG crap aside, the GBA games felt much more satisfying.
>>
>>3066725
I thought they didn't really feel like Klonoa games desu
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.