[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, I don't like this.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: aliensoldier2.png (200 KB, 256x360) Image search: [Google]
aliensoldier2.png
200 KB, 256x360
Hey, I don't like this.
>>
Ok.
>>
cool
>>
>>3062650
Have you figured out the parrying mechanic? It's much more fun when you've learned to parry effectively.
>>
>It was hard so I quit before I learned how great it is
There's an Earthbound thread just getting started for you, OP.
>>
Yeah, this game CLEARLY has no solid controls that can be mastered if giving the time.

Does it also upset you that you don't earn achievements every 10 seconds throughout the game?
>>
They should have stuck with a 2 weapon system and finished the seven force fight. Maybe changed the hover command to up + jump or whatever. That's about all of my complaints.
>>
>>3062743
Gunstar Heroes still wasn't as fun as Contra after I finished it and they're not fooling me again.
>>
>>3062743
But you have infinite continues in normal mode.
>>
>>3062650
The ONE thing that bothers me is that switching weapons takes tons of time, and makes you vulnerable to getting hit. Once you get hit while switching you have to try again, and again. Switching weapons should've been instantaneous like Contra Hard Corps.
>>
I think it's pretty fun. The enemy designs are great. I love "Sniper Honeyviper" partly just because of that name, but also because it's such a clusterfuck.
>>
Biggest flaw is the ring inventory and cut content, but otherwise a great game. I would like a revised version that maps a weapon to each button and restores the bosses that had to be left out.
>>
>>3062650
No one is perfect.
>>
OP here, I learned to dash and absorb enemy fire so I like it a bit more now. Changing weapons and dashing white walking on floors is still hard to get used to though.
>>
>>3062743

>If you don't like Alien Soldier, then you like Earthbound

what kind of logic is that?

I like both games by the way.
>>
I love this game for some of the noisiest, earrapingly awesome Genesis music around. Deserves to be hooked up to good speakers and played LOUD, especially for best boss intro ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL-u8Aly2Bo
>>
>>3065498

>emulated
Stop posting that garbage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuGNzc56zqo
>>
it's a pretty overrated game tbqh famicom
>>
>>3062661
>>3062670
Such mature responses. There's still hope that this board can turn back around.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.