[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Zelda Classic thread. >Quick explanation for those u
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: zcsliced_07.gif (21 KB, 251x129) Image search: [Google]
zcsliced_07.gif
21 KB, 251x129
New Zelda Classic thread.

>Quick explanation for those unfamiliar:

>Zelda Classic is a fan-made PC recreation of The Legend of Zelda that comes with an extensive editor tool, that allows you to essentially make your own Zelda quest. You're not just limited to stuff from Zelda 1, as the editor lets you add tons of items and elements from later Zelda games, and supports scripting to allow you to add even more.

>You can get it at zeldaclassic.com, and check out purezc.com for resources, scripts, quests, and et cetera.
>>
I remember toying with this thing, it was neat.

Related note, here's a program that randomizes Zelda 1. It will switch up all kinds of things, makes it feel rather fresh if you've played Zelda 1 ad nauseum.
>>
>>3061895
forgot link

https://sites.google.com/site/zeldarandomizer/
>>
>>3061895
>>3061907
I'm pretty sure there are randomizers for ZC too.
>>
>>3061930
googled zclassic randomizer and holy shit this one seems huge

>What looks like the classic 1st quest with the more tiles is instead a lot more complex. A massive 45 dungeon 2 overworld quest awaits... with a twist. All the inventory items are shuffled around, so you have no idea what item you'll find next. And just because some of the dungeons are from the 1st and 2nd quests there are still surprises.

http://www.purezc.net/index.php?page=quests&id=389
>>
>>3062415
apparently this is a newer version

http://www.purezc.net/index.php?page=quests&id=488
>>
>>3061886
>Super Zelda Maker

This is such a damn good idea compared to what we got.
>>
Is this retro? Super Mario Maker isn't, so why is this?
>>
>>3063367
It came out in 1999 originally so yes it is fuccboi
>>
>>3061886
even the so called best zelda classics are mediocre to me at least, anybody have any recommendations?
>>
So this is like the third thread I ask. Any recommendations for cool quests? I mean, what's the point of this without quests? SOMEONE has to have something to recommend, for crying out loud. So far there's that randomizer and that lost isle one, what else is worth checking out?
>>
>>3063550
I, and most people here, haven't played Zelda Classic in years. Try some of the 5 star (heart) quests on the site and report back.
>>
>>3063559
How trustable is the ratings system? A LOT of similar sites have ratings inflated by friends, sockpuppets or bots massvoting, or claim a map is good because memes or some shit like that, even if it sucks in technical/gameplay terms.
So I am not taking ratings at face value. I'd rather hear actual opinions from actual people, that's why I keep asking.

And, what? Even if you haven't played in years, you surely have played some custom quests. Or are you telling me people just played the default clone of Zelda 1? Isn't that a bit pointless considering there are emulators?
>>
>>3063615
>How trustable is the ratings system?
Well, consider how old and niche Zelda Classic is. Chances are it hasn't been targeted by hoards of smartphone kiddies like most popular things now. I'd say it's safe to trust them. What do you have to lose anyway?

>I'd rather hear actual opinions from actual people, that's why I keep asking.
That's fine. But I'm saying you're fishing in an empty pond.

>And, what? Even if you haven't played in years, you surely have played some custom quests.
I have. And I chose them from the top rated list.

There was one with a cat on a rooftop.
A short one with only three dungeons.
One with a forest dungeon with a really pretty tileset.
One that starts in a large decorated town.
I kept dying a ton because I stumbled upon a death mountain area too soon.
One used a midi called "Gerudo Valley (Christmas Remix) (XG)" Search for it on this page http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/n64/

But fuck if I can remember anything else, much less a name.
>>
>>3063645
Ow, I guess that's what I get for getting in so late. Oh well, thanks Anon.

Still, if someone else reading this knows of good stuff, dump it up here, specially if it's not in the top list in purezc. I hope I can find something very dungeon-crawly or something with lots of exploration.
>>
>>3063731
I haven't browsed the website in a long time but perusing it again it seems that most of the reviews are actually pretty descriptive, I'm doing a random map run of the original right now but when I finish it I'll check out some ZClassic and report back (or start a new thread if need be)
>>
>>3063731
You could make a quest like that.
>>
>>3061886
I used to spend hours on that over the summer but never really managed to make anything interesting
>>
did you seriously make this thread again
there's a fucking reason the last one died
>>
>>3063895
Nah, I already do vidya in other ways, I am far more interested in playing stuff others made with the editor.
>>
>>3064884
I... I just want people to talk about this...
>>
>>3063436
Thanks for clarifying, /v/.
>>
>>3061886

Took them 17 years to go open source.

>now nobody gives a fuck anymore.
>>
File: 00LFeEC.jpg (2 MB, 1047x7845) Image search: [Google]
00LFeEC.jpg
2 MB, 1047x7845
I guess this is a relevant thread for my silly little comic.

Fanmade Zelda content and all.
>>
Good Quests:
Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
The Hidden Duality
Hero Of Dreams
Lost Isle
Link's Birthday
Dreams of Yesterday (ShadowTiger's most updated version, look in the forum)
>>
>>3067648
That's funny.
>>
Fag shit, don't post it here again. Final warning.
>>
>>3068668
What are you gonna do if I make this thread again?
>>
>>3068671
Ha, you're not ready to see the hell I would rain down on you, kid.
>>
>>3068672
Hold on, I need to get a band-aid, I just cut myself on all that edge.
>>
>>3067648
Super cute.
>>
>playing map
>have found almost everything except the bow
>next dungeon is literally full of gohmas

fuck, I'm runnin' out of places to look. Still haven't found two of the dungeons or the raft either.
>>
>>3061886
Damn I remember having a lot of fun with this. I wonder if I still have my quest files. I'll upload if I can find them.
>>
>>3067696
I'll try those out. Thanks kind Anon.
>>
>>3070408
>>next dungeon is literally full of gohmas

Damn son, what quest?
>>
File: 1457963795082.jpg (84 KB, 439x518) Image search: [Google]
1457963795082.jpg
84 KB, 439x518
>>3070452
There you go
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ahakjyyd1j0oyr6/Les+temples+de+la+triforce+demo3.5.qst Found it on a shitty broken thumbdrive and I managed to restore it along with other stuff I forgot I had. That's some powerful nostalgia right there.

Keep in mind that I was probably 12 years old at best when I did this. It has 4 completed dungeons and a bunch of shitty MIDIs. The text is all in French but it's not worth it, the only important thing is that you need to go north, south, east and south in the lost woods.
Needs the 2.10 version to work.

Also I can't upload a screenshot for some reason so take this qt Malon instead.
>>
>>3071449
one made from the randomizer I posted earlier, I can link if desired

it's notable how much randomizing all items appearances fucks up the game difficulty though, I found the magic key and magic candle pretty early on which took away much of the hardship in the game.

>>3071487
cool post, friend. I'll give it a go whenever I finish this hamsack of a quest.
>>
File: tortu01ss05.gif (15 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
tortu01ss05.gif
15 KB, 256x224
>>3061886
I'm readnig the quests available, and they each say "use version 187" or "version 185" only, but the download for the game engine is 2.50.1 ?
am I gonna have to install five different versions of the software?
>>
>>3072134
Probably.
>>
>>3072134
Well, you don't have to install it. Just download, unzip and run.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.