[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How old were you when you realized Miriam is actually the wi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: 1350282590951.jpg (89 KB, 408x557) Image search: [Google]
1350282590951.jpg
89 KB, 408x557
How old were you when you realized Miriam is actually the wisest faction leader in the game?

From most hated to favourite, it has been an interesting journey.

https://youtu.be/e7t7CWZcZuc
>>
She looks like "Deal's a Deal" girl.
>>
File: 1457302306345.jpg (81 KB, 500x449) Image search: [Google]
1457302306345.jpg
81 KB, 500x449
>>3060486
She does.
>>
>>3060387
And how exactly is she the the wisest?
Seems like a religious fanatic loon to me.
Sort of a smarter but more psychotic Sarah Palin
Are you some kind of a /pol/fag?
>>
>>3060576
In a world with self-aware colonies, genetically engineered workers with stunted brains, thought-control chemicals, clinical immortality, retroviral engineering and the like, she is the only one warning against losing one's sense of ethics in the quest for unfeterred research.

She's not completely opposed to technology, but she and Lal are the only ones with some sense of ethics.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesteryear. But it was never the streets that were evil."
-- Sister Miriam Godwinson, "A Blessed Struggle"

Or maybe you are just some Zakharov fedorafag.
>>
>>3060592
OK so I guess ISIS is among the most legitimate regimes we have irl atm
Yup, just good clean wholesome conservatism!
I mean all of the AC leaders are pieces of shit but Godwinson has to be one of the worst. Do you think it's a coincidence that their social engineering system seems entirely tooled to spamming cannon fodder at the other factions?

OK you got it right with Lal, the only way he could not be the best leader is if he's supposed to turn out to be insincere or something like that, I'm not sure the game ever hints at that.
But at least Morgan understands how some people could at least live a decent, relatively comfortable life, Deirdre understands that there is more to Planet and that empathy with it could save mankind, hell even Yang is actually trying to do something constructive and so is Zakharov. Speaking of Zakharov and getting along with Planet, obviously he's one of the easiest guys to attain Transcend Victory with.

Godwin is literally just all about going for the other guys' throats with scoutspam into empathspam because punish the heathens.

You know, I think you're being a bit blatant. methinks you are really just doing le funi tred in wat its the joke it that it like le ateism vs fedora meem but it teh vidya gaems xDDDDDD
>>
>>3060617
That's a cool effortpost there. How long have you been a lefty poofter, mate?
>>
>>3060632
look, I dont care that OP is a troll, I just wanna talk about AC with people.
Oh and Godwinson is also one of the most likely to try to repeal anti atrocity treaties, btw.
>>
File: Aki_Zeta-5_(SMAC).jpg (7 KB, 149x178) Image search: [Google]
Aki_Zeta-5_(SMAC).jpg
7 KB, 149x178
>>3060592
There is a flaw in your thinking algorithm. When ethics inhibits mutual gain, it has to be eliminated.
>>
>>3060617
>hasn't read the official prologue by Firaxis
She is by far one of the most peaceful and ethical characters in the story. When the comet strikes, Santiago tries to capture a colony pod with 100 followers and holds the entire ship at ransom. When everything falls apart it comes down to a vote to split the crew into 7 pods and only she and Lal vote to stay together. When the ship is finally entering the atmosphere she is trying to flee to a safe pod (deliberately avoiding Zhakarov's pod fearing what would happen to her) and ends up in "the dead bay" where the meteor hit. She becomes surrounded by the dead and manages to discover a surviving group of colonists who survived the impact but are slowly dying of radiation sickness and poising. It is at this point she views it as her mission to save these lost souls.

What is even more peculiar about her relationship to Zhakarov is that in the prologue he is extremely hostile to Miriam without being provoked. She tries to tell him that there is more to his life than pure scientific inquiry and he literally assumes he is just atoms that only exist to discover knowledge. He is portrayed as being incredibly amoral with many of the crew joining him being in utter fear of him. By the late game Miriam is the only one who seems to have a moral conscience apart from Lal.

Really, the only reason people hate her is because her AI is super aggressive, but when you actually read the lore she comes off as one of the most reasonable characters.

I would say it's a toss up between her, Lal and Domai (if you include the expansion) for the most reasonable faction leader.
>>
File: sillyjobreally.jpg (52 KB, 1377x918) Image search: [Google]
sillyjobreally.jpg
52 KB, 1377x918
>>3060910
> official prologue
Well, as it happens, a quirk of fate has it that we have a means of doing a little soc psy experiment to test whether Godwinson behaves that shittily out of being provoked, or whether she would behave that way under any other conceivable scenario.
This experiment being the ability to play the game over and over again.
Wouldn't you know it? Turns out she's just a psychotic bitch that likes to spend her day overrunning other factions 1st Gulf War style, repeal anti atrocity law, stamping out any and all scientific progress and condemning everyone else for being heathens.
>>
>>3061320
All factions usually repeal atrocity laws, Lal is the least likely but I've seen even him doing it.

Besides, you can run Democratic with Miriam and a builder strategy. Try again.
>>
>>3062194
Shes definitely among the 3 most likely to repeal atrocity laws. And *you* can play that way as head of the faction but she will play exactly as I described, no matter the circumstances. She behaves exactly how you could expect a religious fundamentalist fanatic to behave when given such power.
>>
>>3060387
>fanart of teenage Miriam
Why?
>>
File: Miriam.jpg (43 KB, 300x358) Image search: [Google]
Miriam.jpg
43 KB, 300x358
The thing with Miriam is how she uses religion. In the prologue it mentions her having a psychology degree and hints at her simply using faith as a tool of manipulation of her population. Not that it is different to other factions; each has their own way of controlling their followers, although hers appears particularly deceptive (Yang is equally brutal, but open about it), and her AI is specifically set as aggressive and uses force. Equally considering her boni, her playstyle involves units (and therefore citizens) being cheap expendable.
>>3062194
Considering her prefered ideology of fundamentalism, this is more of a player thing rather than an AI thing, which choses fundamentalism as soon as it can really, and consequently fits into her narrative.
>>
>>3062257
it's not exactly a face I would otherwise associate with her in any way. I mean seriously. look at that shit:
>>3062264
she looks more like that prepareyouranus.jpg ewok
>>
>>3062439
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.