[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or is this game the suck? 1) Too easy. 2) Too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
File: Castlevania-Bloodlines_Artwork.jpg (189 KB, 300x459) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania-Bloodlines_Artwork.jpg
189 KB, 300x459
Is it just me or is this game the suck?

1) Too easy.

2) Too many areas with too much walking not enough action.

3) Most of the bosses only have like 1 attack pattern, or 2 at the most.

4) I don't like the aesthetics or functions of the sub weapons.

5) That split screen stage is dumb.
>>
>>3060069
Agreed. It gets overrated by butthurt Segafags that never got the good Castlevanias like Super IV.
>>
>>3060069
You made this thread with the true purpose of baiting didn't you? You DO know that castlevania threads are fucking cesspools?
>>
>>3060086
Sounds like someone got blown the fuck out in a Castlevania thread and is still upset over it.
>>
>>3060106

I think it's just as >>3060086 says, and OP is just trying to bait.

The IV thread is also most likely bait.

Shitposters figured Castlevaniafags are easy to troll by now.
>>
metroidvanias > classicvanias
>>
>>3060106
I go in them expecting conversation, not a mess of elitists. Why can't castlevania threads be like other threads?
>>
>>3060109
Next you're going to accuse OP of being from Australia.

Lay off the paranoia, kid.
>>
>>3060069
1)Compared to the first and III, everything else is a lie

2)Even the 2 autoscrollers have enemies around so that's false

3)How is this different from all the other castlevanias?

4)Completely subjective

5)If you mean stage 6 then I agree but that was the weakest part of the game and the easiest to criticize
>>
>>3060115

Go to bed Australia-kun.
>>
>>3060129
>1)Compared to the first and III, everything else is a lie
..and the last few levels of IV, and 2 without a faq, and 68K, and the enemy designs of Rondo.
>>
>>3060185
>anything from IV
>hard
>enemy desings
what the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>3060129
>2 autoscrollers
That's two too many for a Castlevania game.

Fuck your Super Mario Bros. bullshit.
>>
>>3060069
Did anyone else wonder what Frankenstein was doing in a nazi weapons factory?
>>
>>3060185
>>3060202
>>3060214

stop samefagging OP
>>
>>3060218
Here's your (You).
>>
>>3060086
Is there a reason why castlevania threads are absolute shit? Scientists are working hard to understand this unexplainable phenomenon.
>>
>>3060352
Shitty games attract shitty fans, who knew?
>>
>>3060384
This. Go play Ghosts N Goblins.
>>
>>3060386

Stop being a casual, go play Zork and Zork II instead and become a real hardcore player.
>>
>>3060395
Those aren't games, they're digital interactive books, like VN's.
>>
>>3060402

STFU! yes STFU!
>>
>>3060395
I'm genuinely interested about Zork, does it have interesting gameplay elements or it's just the typical text adventure game?
>>
>>3060402

Zork is a dramatic, enriched set piece of gaming history. I bet my left nut you NEVER, EVER in your miserable millennial life dared to sit through a session os Zork our of fear of feeling like a retarded idiot that can't read and/or take decisions.

Gas yourself and do the world the best favor you could do.
>>
>>3060413
Yeah, nawh. Your gay shit isn't videogames.

>>>/lit/
>>
>>3060084

Super is such a boring slow ass game. Bloodlines is so much more fun.
>>
>>3060424

Really? I thought both were pretty good.
I like Rondo of Blood as well :D
>>
III > Rondo > 68K > I > ReBirth > XX > Belmont's Revenge > Adventure > Legends > Haunted Castle > IV > Bloodlines
>>
>>3060446

What's the point of this post?
>>
>>3060460
To show you the right opinion.
>>
>>3060467

You think the Game Boy games or Haunted Castle are better then IV and Bloodlines?
>>
>>3060472
Yes. IV has casualized whip controls and they both have horribly gimmicky level designs.
>>
File: castlevania-wall.jpg (114 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
castlevania-wall.jpg
114 KB, 1024x768
>people haven't excepted castlevania 1 as the best
It's almost as if people have different opinions.
>>
>>3060495

And yet you think Rondo is one of the best when it's the actual easiest Classicvania? I don't get you.

And really man, Adventure 1? Really?
>>
>>3060506
>And yet you think Rondo is one of the best when it's the actual easiest Classicvania? I don't get you.
What? Rondo has some of the hardest regular enemies and bosses of any Classicvania.

>And really man, Adventure 1? Really?
Adventure is great after you mod it to make it play faster.
>>
>>3060519

What?... what regular enemies on Rondo are even hard? They're all pushovers.
Don't tell me you find gimmick enemies like that one painting enemy difficult, or all the other enemies like the lance knights that telegraph their attacks like 1 hour before.
Bosses are a joke and boring with the exception of Werewolf. Death is a bitch, easiest Death in all Castlevania.

Are you sure you're not talking about Dracula X on SNES? But since I saw you listed "XX", I assume you really are talking about the original Rondo from PC Engine. No dude, it is the easiest classicvania. Short levels, easy enemies, easy bosses, easiest Death and easiest Dracula. No excuse, you are a filthy casual.
>>
The curse is undying. Every night, under the gaze of the full moon, shitposters arrive from beyond the grave. The grip of Dracula's black magic ensures that there will never be a civil Castlevania thread.
>>
>>3060531
Show me your no-damage run of Rondo then, Mr. Hardcore Gamer.
>>
>>3060552

Show me your no-damage run of Bloodlines and IV first.

Seriously though, all major 3 16-bit castlevanias are "easy" compared to 1 and 3, but your list is just retarded.
>>
>>3060531
there's nothing hard about vampire's kiss either though, except for how medusa heads spawn and the dracula fight being 50% pitfalls

rondo has enemies with at least 2 unique attack patterns and lots of well made bosses. also if you want a harder version of rondo, play the remake on PSP, which has a drac with 3 forms and other new stuff like succubus
>>
>>3060561

Yeah I've played the PSP remake. It still isn't hard by any means (in fact, it feels even easier), but I liked the redesigned stage 5b (now it feels like a proper stage instead of just a mesh of previous assets thrown together) and the 3rd form of Dracula was much better, but his 1st and 2nd form are still piss easy.
>>
>>3060446
I think 4 and Bloodlines are two of the weaker entries in the series, but they're still certainly better than Haunted Castle or Adventure.

>>3060531
I'm actually pretty fond of the PSP remake of Rondo. It made a few of the bosses much more interesting, particularly Dracula and the hydra.
>>
>>3060575
At least Haunted Castle and Adventure don't suffer from random slowdowns and stages that are just showing off shitty mode 7 tricks.
>>
>>3060581
>At least Adventure don't suffer from random slowdowns
yeah because the whole game is a slow mess
>>
Why people still use difficulty as an argument when discussing Castlevania? most of them are relatively easy except for maybe 3.
>>
>>3060412
You're being trolled. Zork is fucking garbage.
>>
It seems like there's a lot of shitposting from Nintendo fanboys on this board in general.
>>
>>3060586
stop playing on PAL gameboys then
>>
>>3061183

If you think the problem is one-sided, then you're part of the problem too, Sega fanboy.
>>
>>3061183
The biggest shitposters are the Eurofags and Ozzies. Nintendo fans are not too bad.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.