[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spit more rhymes than Michael Jordan makes slam dunks.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
Spit more rhymes than Michael Jordan makes slam dunks.
>>
>>3059984
Rap and basketball are for subhumans.
>>
>>3059984
This is still my favorite fighting game.
That said, it probably helps that my team is considered OP.
>>
Look at Sagat's smug face on the cover.
He knows he's top tier and he's loving it.
>>
>>3059984

I think Kim Kaphwan is cool guy. Eh restores justice and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>3059984
Why are some the sprites in this game shitty looking? I like this game more than SF4 though.
>>
>>3062146
It uses a lot of recycled assets on the Capcom side while the SNK side is all original sprites, Morrigan is the worst offender for reusing super old sprite assets but nearly all the Capcom characters that aren't one-off returning fighters were recycled from somewhere except Ryu/Ken/Bison
>>
>>3062387
I thought Athena and Nakoruru looked way worse than Morrigan anyway, and those are new sprites.
>>
>>3059984
Last good 2D Capcom fighter. RIP
>>
>>3062387
Chun-Li got redone for CVS2 as well, and don't forget Dan and Akuma. Everyone else is lifted from Alpha unless they never appeared in an Alpha game.

The original spritework is among their best; I wish it'd been feasible to redo everyone.
>>
>>3062407
Oh that's right Chun Li was edited from her SF3 sprite sheet.
>>
File: Geese.png (221 KB, 600x403) Image search: [Google]
Geese.png
221 KB, 600x403
>>3059984
>CvS2
>2

NOT REPPUKEN
>>
>>3062441
Geesus
>>
>>3059984
Best fighting game best announcer
>>
IS THIS TRUE LOVE WERE MAKING?!
>>
>>3065908
You sound like a man who's spent an appreciable amount of time playing CVS2, and not like someone who vaguely recalls a background song from a Youtube video.
>>
>>3065454
Hell no

Alpha 3 will always have the best anouncer

>YOU HAVE FISTS OF GOD!

>UNBEATABLE

>CANT ANYONE STOP THIS FIGHTING MACHINE
>>
>mugen versions of CvS2 characters which include an EX groove
>Every character is literally perfect now
>>
>>3066242
>mugen
>perfect
Pick one
>>
>>3066231
MvC chick was leagues better.
>HYPER COMBO FINIIIIIIIIIIISSSHHHH
>>
>>3059984
Smuggest Sagat this side of Alpha.
>>
File: Image1.jpg (12 KB, 118x110) Image search: [Google]
Image1.jpg
12 KB, 118x110
>>3059984

How did we go from Terry Bogard to this..
>>
>>3062146

The sprites are not shitty looking, its just that low res 2D sprites do not mix well with 3D backgrounds.
>>
>>3062146
>>3066670
Morrigan's sprite was directly ripped from the original Darkstalkers game so it clashed terribly with the newly drawn SNK sprites and the SFIII Street Fighter sprites.
>>
>>3066674

Aah, and here I thought that copy paste shit didn't start until Fighting Jam/Evolution.

What was up with all that copying and pasting Capcom? you used to release such great games.
>>
File: pokemontrainer.png (347 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
pokemontrainer.png
347 KB, 600x400
>>3059984
>Spit more rhymes than Michael Jordan makes slam dunks.
What I love most about this song is that it's actually in a ton of games. It probably comes from one of those old royalty free music sample CDs.

Listen closely and the exact same rap is in every one of these games by completely different developers / composers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5caIjg9UHk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRVL4glkzCg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFOcBdp9GHE

>>3062146
This is why I find CvS 1 to be the better game in terms of presentation, despite the fact that CvS 2 has so many more characters and arguably the greatest gameplay of the entire Vs. series. CvS1 IIRC had newly drawn sprites for every character whereas CvS2 recycled everything with nary an original asset.
>>
>>3066668
CROSSU CUTTA
>>
>>3067120
You have it kind of backwards. CVS1 did not have newly drawn sprites for every character. Every Capcom character recycled their Alpha (or Darkstalkers) sprites except for the shotos and Dictator. On top of that, CVS2 went and gave us new Chun-Li sprites, and most of the Capcom roster additions required completely new sprites (only Rolento was recycled). On the Capcom side, CVS2 offered more original assets than CVS1, not less/none. (Obviously, all SNK characters had fresh sprites)

That's funny about the public domain rap, though. I assumed it was shitty in-house writing.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.