[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Retro game collections that are on the PS1, PS2, and PS3. Like:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
Retro game collections that are on the PS1, PS2, and PS3.

Like:

- Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3)
- Namco Museum 50th Anniversary (PS2)
- Intellivision Lives! (PS2)
- Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits (PS1) [I plan on getting this one]
>>
Neo Geo Online Collection.
Bretty fuckin expensive too
>>
Namco museum on ps1 is great. There are two of them, one of them includes 32 bit remakes of some of the games.
Sega did the same remake idea with SEGA AGES collection on ps2, although the results were kind of all over the place quality-wise they are still worth a look.
>>
File: 1445121057925.jpg (175 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
1445121057925.jpg
175 KB, 600x579
>>3059932

Pic related is the only one for the PS1 I really cared for. If you like Centipede, the arcade version of it is included in Centipede 3D for PS1. Centipede 3D is pretty enjoyable, so I'd rather keep that around than another Atari compilation that I may not actually play.

Gauntlet II is one of the more difficult games to come across. I didn't see any emulated ports until it was included with one of the Midway Treasure compilations for PS2, Xbox and GC.
>>
File: 1439571636508.jpg (106 KB, 500x712) Image search: [Google]
1439571636508.jpg
106 KB, 500x712
>>3059941
>Sega did the same remake idea with SEGA AGES collection on ps2, although the results were kind of all over the place quality-wise they are still worth a look.

The Complete Collections were nice, although didn't necessarily include all ports or versions.
>>
I have Namco Museum, it's got so many games I have a hard time choosing

Which old Namco game is best
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS ROBO TRON???????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>3060104
Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits (PS1)

It has Robotron 2084
>>
File: vmmyGEm.jpg (46 KB, 620x416) Image search: [Google]
vmmyGEm.jpg
46 KB, 620x416
>>3060107
>Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits
Well Ill be damned. Thanks anon. I've been on a quest for this for some time !!!! I checked so many wiki articles on it and couldn't find an arcade port .... didnt know Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits was on PS1 (the wiki at the time only pointed to SNES).

Well this was some good news.
>>
I picked up the Phantasy Star PS2 collection a while back.
It has the four main games in both English and Japanese, the two Game Gear games, the four Mega Drive download (Game Toshokan) games, and high res scans of the box art and manuals + misc other art.
Besides running on it on PS2, the ROMs, manuals, and artwork can also be fairly easily extracted from the disc for use on whatever.
>>
File: r-types-usa.jpg (82 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
r-types-usa.jpg
82 KB, 600x600
No complaints here.
>>
>>3059932
PSP is a gold mine for retro compilations, it's amazing. Shit from Parodius to Gradius to Samurai Shodown. Even EA hopped on the train with a collection containing Road Rash, Syndicate and Wing Commander.
>>
>>3059932
>- Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3)

Input lag makes the fastest games unplayable.
>>
>>3061330
Which games suffer from this input lag you speak of and how bad is it?
>>
>>3061325
this.

The PSP mega drive collection is great if you don't want to use custom firmware.
>>
>>3059938
I didnt even know this existed desu.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.