[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /v/'s opinion on Clint Basinger, aka LGR?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: clint.png (356 KB, 691x576) Image search: [Google]
clint.png
356 KB, 691x576
What is /v/'s opinion on Clint Basinger, aka LGR?
>>
uh, /vr/ I mean
>>
he's ok
>>
>>3059461
It seems like his channel was made for me. I enjoyed marathoning a lot of his reviews I had on my backlog after Mark from CGR kind of dropped the ball. He's legitimately funny and one of the few reviewers to question his own judgement, takes on games rarely featured elsewhere, and does so on real hardware since he's for collecting stuff.

His Duke impression is dead on and it's no wonder we think alike since we love Duke Nukem 3D to death, that's always the mark of a great personality along with having a patrician childhood like I did (PC/DOS). Even though he's into the patreon craplock he's always 100% honest and far from any clickbaiting. Plenty of informative content too.
>>
E-celeb trash, that's my opinion.
>>
File: 1374026703476.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1374026703476.gif
1 MB, 320x240
I was gonna write something, but >>3059480 seems to be literally me already

One of the few e-celebs I actually wish I could meet and have a talk with one day
>>
I like him. I wanted to get more into retro pc games and was captivated by his channel
>>
His earlier shit was good, newer shit is pretty shitty, probably because of "the fame".

His audio is always shit though and it pisses me off.
>>
>>3059494
Nah early LGR blew, not only because of the lackluster script and format but also because he was really trying too hard to be divisive and angry for the sake of it. Later LGR gives everything a chance and rarely goes into insult territory while not denying any flaws. He aged like fine wine imo and I'm glad he got rid of the beard.
>>
>>3059461
>What is /v/'s opinion on Clint Basinger, aka LGR?

More e-celeb shit that doesn't belong on /vr/ or any other board. Please leave.

>"What is (X board's) opinion on (X e-celeb)?"

This gets posted literally dozens of times a day across all boards. Why aren't these threads nuked for blatant self-advertising?
>>
>>3059480
Hes pretty good. wish he would do more vids like the saturn gfx card about hard to find stuff. I could watch that shit every day
>>
>>3059518
I am no fan of e-celebs and don't even know who this guy is. But threads like this are perfectly fine here. Stop trying to be the god damn /vr/ police trying to tell other people what kinds of threads to post.

Don't like stuff like this? You're free to leave 4chan any time you like.
>>
>>3059514
He almost never does random old pc games now. Its almost always new shit
>>
>>3059523
>Don't like stuff like this?

I don't like off-topic threads displacing on-topic threads on a daily basis. Some of us come here to discuss - *gasp* - retro GAMES. Not e-celebs, or /pol/itics or whatever other off-topic shit you jackasses want to keep inundating /vr/ with.

FUCK OFF
>>
>>3059536
Yeah that kinda sucks, I think it may have gone over my head because I watched a lot of his old videos together, but I say give him some time. It doesn't look like the guy who would focus on flavors of the month unless he has some kind of emotional attachment to said game, and on old/odd hardware he's never missed his audience.
>>
He got me to go thrifting, so I dig him.
>>
>>3059540
4chan has always been like this and had many silly or non-serious topics as well. I don't know why you came here in the first place, but if this pisses you off then you took a wrong turn.

I will not fuck off. In fact, I usually respond to people like you by starting more of these topics. And I don't even watch youtube videos. But if threads like this piss off boss assholes like you then I'm more than happy to have them around.

Also just a note, every time you reply to one even if you sage it will only bring more responses and make the thread grow. So bitch up a storm if you want, but you're not going to get what you want.
>>
>>3059461
He's great when he sticks to his niche, like old hardware, thrifting, oddware, tech tales and retro games, but his Sims obsession is boring as hell, and I don't really like watching him play modern stuff.
>>
>>3059563
Who wouldn't? And *steel
>>
His "Tech Tales" are good. Check out the one about McAfee. That guy was completely nuts. Crazy story.
>>
E-CELEB WOW I WONDER WHAT HIS OPINION ON EVERYTHING IS? I NEED TO GET SOME OPINIONS ASAP BETTER WATCH SOME YOUTUBE.
>>
>>3059461
LGR was good when it first started. Just a dude in a trailer park reviewing old games. But like most other e-celebs money has changed everything.
>>
>>3059634
You fool, e-celeb opinions should be treated with a grain of salt, at least that's what Pewdiepie said.
>>
>>3059617
Came here to post this. I like Tech Tales.
>>
File: 1446464590366.jpg (24 KB, 318x320) Image search: [Google]
1446464590366.jpg
24 KB, 318x320
So we /v/ now?
>>
>>3059656
No.
>>
>>3059461
He knows what he's talking about because he does his research. His videos are a perfect mixture of being both educational and nostalgic, and it makes for maximum comfy.

10/10 would watch again.
>>
>>3059638
Money? Go look at his Patreon, he makes $3,000 a month doing this. That's a comfy living but far from being rich where "money changes everything".
>>
>>3059759
Coupled with ad revenue and sponsored shit, hes not exactly worried about money.

Id say they more meant hes not "just" doing it for fun anymore, so hes more likely to make generic videos that are away from what got him his audience (actual reviews of old games and tech).
>>
>>3059785
>hes more likely to make generic videos that are away from what got him his audience

Fortunately there's no evidence that's the case since he recently made retro videos like the Hot rods computer one.
>>
Remember to click lots of ads, guys! These honest, hard-working YouTubers deserve to be compensated for gracing the public with their objectively superior opinions.

I know for a fact that Clint is a good ol' boy who don't mean no harm, and anyone who says otherwise is basically just a shitlord. Suck it, haters!
>>
don't like the threads because they focus on the person and silly drama and not the games

james and arino are acceptable because they don't attract drama i guess
>>
>>3059850
James Rolfe threads tend to attract shitposters
>>
>>3059461
>frozen pizza
>didn't rearrange the pepperoni before baking

some men just want to watch the world burn
>>
File: 1457576718389.jpg (40 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
1457576718389.jpg
40 KB, 800x598
>>3059461
Loved him b4 he blew up, really loved his channel back then. I barely watch it now, but it's not bad or anything.
(I am trying to sound like a faggot btw)
>>
BASINGER
>>
>>3059823
This.

Also, he does neat stuff like the 1/2 inch CRT made from a camcorder eyepiece. Maybe it's just me but I thought it was neat as hell.
>>
i like tech tales more than his actual reviews
>>
>>3059461
BASEDINGER
>>
>>3059461
Great for old computers, games, software, etc.

I have to wonder why he bothers with videos on new software though.
>>
>>3059461
alright when he's not doing shilling for new products
>>
>>3059461
Who is this guy and what does he talk about? Any example of /vr/-oriented material?

I am not gonna give you the e-celeb shit, I am interested about people making content about /vr/ stuff and I am willing to watch something new, but some info would be welcomed.
>>
>>3060627
He mostly does videos on retro pc games and obscure pc hardware.
>>
>>3060637
OK, sounds good enough. Where do I see his stuff? Does he cover stuff from the CGA era?
>>
>>3060650
Yeah, he does cover some CGA stuff sometimes.

His name is either Phreakindee or Lazy Game Reviews.
>>
>>3060674
Found it, thanks. I see some interesting games covered, I'll check those out.
>>
I really like his thrift videos. makes for a good watch, he needs to make more of them
>>
>>3059480
I came here to say the same. I absolutely love his Duke Nukem impression, I still do "Ooh yeah, keep walkin' this way" on occasion.
>>
>>3060859
This. I dunno why, but I like seeing other people finding neat shit in thrift shops. Guess it's because none of them around me are any good, also helps me know what to look for and shit.
>>
>>3059540
>/pol/itics
That's probably not as clever to say as you think, since /pol/ is short for politics already.
>>
>>3059823
Back in the day most of his vids were good shit, now he feels compelled to make a certain number of vids a month to keep up his income so hes branched out to covering new games and tech as well as taking paid deals like that shit he did for youtube stuff week.
>>
I like his hardware reviews. Don't care too much for his game reviews.
>>
>>3059461
along with Mark Bussler he's the most authentic retro stuff nerd on youtube
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.