[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what great games did /vr/ make you discover? for me it was bulk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: bulkslash.jpg (150 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
bulkslash.jpg
150 KB, 640x640
what great games did /vr/ make you discover? for me it was bulk slash and popful mail.
>>
>>3059108
/vr/ in general renewed my interest in getting a saturn, it had been on my want list for years but life got in the way/just generally wasn't on my mind.

Bulk slash is definitely one I picked up because of /vr/ though, Maken X (dreamcast) is one I'm about to try as well that was recommended to me.
>>
/vr/ got my interest on the PC Engine, Saturn, DC, C64, Amiga, and MSX up. Bulk Slash is an impressive saturn game you can adjust to it very quickly. RIP Hudson Soft they made/published so many quality titles
>>
Maybe I'm a huge nerd, but /vr/ didn't make me discover any game I didn't know already.

Except for that Garage game or whatever that I honestly don't care that much about.
>>
File: serveimage.png (2 KB, 256x232) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
2 KB, 256x232
Mitsume ga Tooru

also made me wanna play Phantasy Star IV which is fucking awesome.
>>
File: mitsume-ga-tooru-l0.jpg (19 KB, 225x325) Image search: [Google]
mitsume-ga-tooru-l0.jpg
19 KB, 225x325
>>3059379

I think I was the anon who recommended that game to you on a NES rec thread.

I'm glad you liked it if that was you!
>>
>>3059383
Maybe, it was last year though. I forget what thread it was. I think I may have just been a lurker watching the convo.
>>
>>3059383
Is there an translated version of this manga? I've never read this before but I recognize the character tho despite calling myself a huge Osamu Tezuka fan.
>>
>>3059108
>what great games did /vr/ make you discover?

Honestly, none. /vr/ can circlejerk over some of the most autistic and esoteric shit sometimes. I just filter any posts with terms like "Umihara Kawase" in them now.
>>
>>3059387
there's a feature length film as well as a manga like most of his major works
>>
>>3059394
listen anon just because you're shit at games and have shit taste doesn't mean you're allowed to talk ever. get back in your hole.
>>
>>3059395
I know they made a TV show adaption like with many of tezuka's work I might check it out after i one day finish watching the 80s Astro Boy (japanese since it's uncut). 90's Black Jack OVA probably one of the best Tezuka adaptions .
>>
>>3059394
What the hell else could peolle recommend? There is only so many times you can play super mario world , if you are lookiping at only the popular games you are just playing the same shit over and over.
>>
>>3059402
idk sometimes I like the everyday family version of black jack where he doesn't spend so much time macking on strange women and fiddling with luminescent viruses
>>
File: Astro-Boy.jpg (1 MB, 1192x1782) Image search: [Google]
Astro-Boy.jpg
1 MB, 1192x1782
>>3059402

The 2003 (or 2004?) anime series of Astro Boy is actually pretty damn good. Animation is super good, OVA quality.
>>
>>3059375
That's fucking bullshit or you intentionally avoid going outside your area of expertise. I'm far beyond huge nerd level of retro gaming, having actively participated in the scene ever since the early 80s but /vr/ still significantly advanced my knowledge of early Japanese microcomputers and their games. MSX in particular has been a huge joy for me to discover.beyond my import Saturn MSX collection and Metal Gear 2, which was as far as my MSX game went pre-/vr/.
>>
>>3059424
the GBA Treasure game is also gr8
>>
>>3059428

Yep! based on that series, although the game goes beyond that and it's more like an overall tribute to many other Tezuka's works including Hi no tori, Mitsume ga tooru, even Black Jack is in it. It's my favorite GBA game period.
>>
>>3059424
i hear the UK and Japanese dubs are better I grew up with the US one when it was in Kids WB, i hated it. I might give it another chance since i hear its a great adaption. Unlike the 2009 adaptation which i will never watch.
>>3059428
>>3059434
Yes! as a tezuka fan, I was amazed at how much love Treasure gave not only astro boy but all of his work minus Kimba despite a somewhat cameo appearance. It's one of my all time favorite games on the GBA.
>>
Haven't really learned about any games i didn't already know about. But i have learned a bit about setups and crt's and the what not. What /vr/ did make me discover though is that 90% of the retro gaming community is nothing but a bunch of autistic kids and collector / hipster scum. I would stay out of here and enjoy my hobby privately, but sometimes the 10% of the community makes it worth coming back.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.