[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Famicom Games to get?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I just imported Super Famicom all the way from Japan, and it's fully working. Any games I should buy for it? I'm thinking of getting the Shin Megami Tensei games on here, along with the spin-offs.
>>
>>3057498
Do you know moon?
I made a SFC chart some time ago but i think i lost it.
Try with the two Kunio-kun non-sport games and Metal Max.
>>
File: mother2box01.jpg (38 KB, 336x598) Image search: [Google]
mother2box01.jpg
38 KB, 336x598
This is a must, especially considering the price of the US loose cart, you can get a complete copy of the japanese version for way less.
>>
Hagane
>>
>>3057548
Thanks. I don't actually know what the first game you mentioned is, but I'll try the other games.
>>
>>3057553
Thanks for the suggestion. I always thought prices for Super Famicom games were way cheaper, because of the demographic for video games being bigger in Japan.
>>
The Mega Man games are extremely cheap compared to their US counterparts. The X series is a must if you haven't played them.
>>
>>3057498
>I'm thinking of getting the Shin Megami Tensei games on here
GBA versions are better
>>
Get a flashcart so that you don't have to cuck yourself with games you don't understand.
>>
>>3057498
Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie
>>
File: 100_3418.jpg (298 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
100_3418.jpg
298 KB, 1500x1125
These two are must owns for any SFC collection.
>>
I'd love to get a SuFami to play my SuFami games since I don't want to break the tabs on my SNES, but apparently power outlet of a SuFami is different than the American SNES, so there went my idea of importing a console only.
>>
>>3058186
Umihara Kawase isn't that necessary since you can buy it on Steam for much less than the cost of a cart.
>>
>>3058278
Steam != original hardware. OP is asking for stuff to play on a SFC.
>>
>>3058265
The Japanase SFC works perfectly with American power outlets.
>>
>>3058296
Just pointing out that the Steam version is more affordable. A cart of Umihara Kawase is $60+. OP might not want to throw down that much for a cartridge of the game when he can legally own the same game for $10.
>>
>>3058309
I've heard something about the power input for the SuFami using 10v negative vs. the SNES's 10v positive or some such like that. If I can use an American SNES AC adapter for a SuFami with no issues, then I'll get a SuFami with no cables.
>>
File: kagura - snicker.jpg (52 KB, 281x283) Image search: [Google]
kagura - snicker.jpg
52 KB, 281x283
>>3058317
>owning steam games
>>
>>3058058

Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie has quickly become my favorite shmup on the system. It's just really well constructed from the bottom up.

Most shmups are much cheaper for the SFC version and fully playable without knowing Japanese.
>>
>>3058447
I'm not here to argue semantics and it isn't the time, anon. The Steam version is cheaper and is the same game. There's nothing wrong with buying a cart of the game if you want a cart, but if you're only interested in playing the game and want to do it without resorting to piracy, the Steam version allows that.
>>
>>3057498
I recommend looking into jrpgs if your into those. Most snes jrpgs go for high prices so if you could get their cheaper sfc counterparts and be able to play and understand them then do that. Interesting in recent years Japanese games have increased in price due to collectors. Before most people would buy and then trade back in their games however more people, both japs and foreigners, would keep their games causing a risein price.
>>
>>3058326
It's a smaller plug, I use a model 1 Genisis ac adaper with mine.
>>
>>3058278
If anon wanted a digital copy I'm sure he would just emulate/flashcart you fucking retard.
>>
what's the point in getting a super famicom when you can just play jap games on the snes?
>>
>>3058686
Aesthetics.
>>
>>3058594
I don't own a Model 1 Genesis, just a model 2.

Perhaps I should shell out more money for a complete SuFami instead of getting the system only. I don't need AV cables or controllers though.
>>
>>3058317
He should buy some burgers instead. They taste better than carts and are also not what OP was asking about.

>>3058326
>SuFami
What a faggot. Spend more time learning how they work and less time learning what weebs call them. Fuck, even weebs don't write it that way.
>>
gunman's proof is fantastic, but there's an english patch available so that may be preferable.
>>
I just modded my SNES, and right away I started ordering the Japanese versions of games that came out over here due to the lower prices. The first game that came in for me is Kirby's Dream Course, and right now I'm waiting on Rockman X, Super Metroid and Yoshi's Island. As for Japanese exclusives, so far all I'm waiting on is Pop'n Twin Bee.

How am i doing so far? Is there much of a language barrier with Yoshi's Island? I figured it was worth giving a shot for only $10; worse comes to worse I can use YouTube to help me deal with any important text boxes.
>>
>>3059006

I played Yoshi's Island as a kid without knowing english, I don't think you'll have any problem.
>>
>>3058959
>Spend more time learning how they work and less time learning what weebs call them.
I've been doing a lot of research the past couple of days and have only found conflicting information. It's a challenge trying to find exactly the right information I'm looking for.

Also, I'm not going to type out Super Famicom every single post. If what I call the system on some anonymous Vietnamese children's picture book board bothers you, that's your problem.
>>
>>3059006
>right now I'm waiting on Rockman X, Super Metroid and Yoshi's Island.
You're in luck with Super Metroid, since the Japanese release of the game is exactly the same ROM as the U.S. release, text and all.
>>
File: Super-Famicom-Controller.jpg (3 MB, 3700x2080) Image search: [Google]
Super-Famicom-Controller.jpg
3 MB, 3700x2080
>>3058326

Yeah, the SNES AC cable won't even fit on the SFC.
As other anon said, you can use a Genesis AC.
Also, be sure to get at least one SFC pad, they're not as good as the SNES ones because the cables are shorter, but damn they're pretty.
>>
>>3059035
Your googlefu is not strong. Also SFC is easy to type. All you've done here is prove that weebs are retarded.
You'd get prompt informative answers to all your questions if you weren't such a weeb cunt.
>>
>>3057881
gotta disagree mi familia, the GBA versions have atrocious visuals and audio quality. They're poor ports of the (generally excellent) PS1 versions. As far as I'm concerned, I'll take the PS1 versions over the SFC versions over the GBA versions.

Anyways, Pop'n Twinbee and Umihara Kawase are absolutely necessary. If you're going for boxes also, import some Nintendo games like the Mario games. They've got some excellent design aesthetics.
>>
>>3060517
>Your googlefu is not strong.
Or perhaps the information I'm asking for is difficult to find, hence why I'm asking for it.

>You'd get prompt informative answers to all your questions if you weren't such a weeb cunt.
That's nice, dear. I think I'll keep typing SuFami because it ruffles your feathers.
>>
>>3060517
>All you've done here is prove that weebs are retarded.
Like we need confirmation for that, lol :P
>>
>>3060574
>gotta disagree mi familia, the GBA versions have atrocious visuals and audio quality. They're poor ports of the (generally excellent) PS1 versions. As far as I'm concerned, I'll take the PS1 versions over the SFC versions over the GBA versions.
Bugs senpai, bugs.
The PS version of SMT1 is mostly OK, but it has a rare but nasty bug that will kill your save game.
The PS version of SMT2 is even worse, and was so bad that Atlus did a voluntary recall (but there's still bugs in the fixed version). The list of problems is nuts:
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/sss-3/shin2/shin2_bug.html

On the other hand, almost all bugs are fixed the GBA versions, and there's more story content thanks to the visionary items. I agree that the PS versions do look and sound better, though.
>>
Zenki Battle Raiden
Super Bonk 2
Dragon Ball Z Hyper Dimension
>>
>>3060782
>http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/sss-3/shin2/shin2_bug.html
oh man forgot about these. I've been playing through the PSN versions so haven't had these come up thankfully, but I remember a friend of mine waded through this shit a while back.

Gotta concede, yeah. The GBA versions are probably better for a first time experience at the least and are undeniably the most stable versions of the games.
>>
>>3060860
>I've been playing through the PSN versions so haven't had these come up thankfully
Did they fix the bugs for PSN release? That would actually be worth the money.

I heard that the stupid treasure chest bug has also been fixed in the VC release of Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei.
>>
>>3060789

Don't forget DBZ Super Butouden 2
>>
File: 250px-Jaki_Crush_Coverart.png (283 KB, 250x457) Image search: [Google]
250px-Jaki_Crush_Coverart.png
283 KB, 250x457
OP, you need the most metal pinball game of all time, Jaki Crush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4v4ujE1Wk8

Neat art, cool music, and shitloads of different levels. It's awesome.
>>
>>3061141
And gets boring after about 5 minuets. God bless Compile staff though.
>>
>>3057498
If you don't read Japanese why would you buy an RPG? Moron.
>>
>>3061309

How do you know he doesn't? baka
>>
>>3058449

I've wanted to find a copy of that, but nothing under $50 loose.

>>3057763

This. You can get all three JP versions for less than X2 US.
>>
Been thinking about importing a SFC, but would PAL games be compatible with it?

For ease of collection, and also to remember why eurofags have to suffer the differences.
>>
>>3064391
http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/snes-5060hz-switch-with-lockout-switch/

or

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/snes-switchless-modchip/
>>
>>3061323
勘で。
>>
File: Seisen_no_Keifu.jpg (59 KB, 200x354) Image search: [Google]
Seisen_no_Keifu.jpg
59 KB, 200x354
>>3057498
This game is amazing, I don´t if you can still get but its one of the best games I´ve ever played.
>>
Everdrive the Game

>sorry to shill but I realize if Krikzz picks up mainstream speed it will obliterate the stupid reseller market
>>
File: kiki kaikai nlkjlkj.jpg (39 KB, 397x572) Image search: [Google]
kiki kaikai nlkjlkj.jpg
39 KB, 397x572
>>3057498
Kiki Kaikai: Nazo no Kuro Manteau (Pocky and Rocky in the west, so not really a must if you have the US version. Probably cheaper though)

There's a Cotton game for SFC, Cotton 100%.
It's not as impressive-looking or difficult as the other entries in the series, but it's nice in it's own right.
>>
>>3059040
I guess I lucked out with Kirby's Dream Course, too. It's unfortunate that I can't read the story, but once I'm in the game it's all English text for days.
>>
>>3065513
I don't even remember Kirby's Dream Course having much of a story, if any. As I recall you just get cute little cutscenes when entering a world and then fight Mecha Dedede at the end.
>>
>>3060731
Nah. You just can't into technology. Probably why you can't even type in weeb correctly
>>
File: B4PJz77CQAAZu99.jpg (132 KB, 600x846) Image search: [Google]
B4PJz77CQAAZu99.jpg
132 KB, 600x846
>>3066373
Nah, he's typing his weeb correctly.
I can ascertain this as a professor in weebology. Short of typing it スーファミ, but weebs can't be expected to actually know Japanese, anyway.

Anyway, for games: If you can read Japanese there's the Slayers RPG, it's pretty fun if you're a fan of the series. There's also a translation, but you'd have to use a flashcart or replace the ROM in your cart to play it on hardware.

Also get a Super Gameboy 2, it's runs at the correct speed (not that it really matters) and has a link port (cool) and also is encased in cool translucent blue plastic (the actual selling point?).
>>
>>3066373
That's nice, dear.
>>
>>3057498
Makeruna Makendou
>>
>>3060731
>the information I'm asking for is difficult to find
If you're a complete moron, maybe. It makes me sad to know that we live in a world where so much information is freely available but helpless retards still need people to hold their hand to learn anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 206x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 206x144
Wow okay. So these just don't exist or something?
>>
File: GoGoAckman343416_front.jpg (134 KB, 500x903) Image search: [Google]
GoGoAckman343416_front.jpg
134 KB, 500x903
>>3070931

Good call.

Also the Go Go Ackman games, especially Go Go Ackman 3.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.