[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are some enjoyable youtube channels that aren't just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1362995939653.png (329 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1362995939653.png
329 KB, 500x333
what are some enjoyable youtube channels that aren't just LPs? more like retro reviews, retrospectives, interviews...
i kinda like Matt Bartons "Matt Chat" series.
>>
>YouTube

not retro
>>
>>3056715
retro gaming youtube though
>>
LGR
>>
>>3056703
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HJ5MTXkDY8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgHQAjlblbw
>>
File: 1457128634436.jpg (989 KB, 1149x1699) Image search: [Google]
1457128634436.jpg
989 KB, 1149x1699
Ewhac is good. It feature two guys that did or still do develop video games. Their focus is primarily the 3DO and one of the guys does play one of the game he did work on.

It is very interesting, especially when they are talking about what troubles they had when making such games.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BolsEwhac
>>
>>3056703
Gamesack... too bad they're dead now though.
>>
>>3056703
Lazy Game Reviews
dfortae
Classic Game Room
Ancient DOS Games

These are review channels, cos LPers are whining e-celeb cancer.
>>
Ross' Game Dungeon. I saw a thread about it recently but its absolutely worth checking out if you havent!
>>
>>3056703
The only Youtube guy I'd recommend here is Matt Chat since his stuff consists of interviewing people who made retro games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkGQtumY6X0
>>
i>nb4 people shit on YouTube because they can't look past the autistics 12-year-olds that use the site

With that being said, check out Pannenkoek2012 (now infamous for the half A-press fiasco) and MatthewMatosis (in depth reviews of the 3D Mario and Zelda games, very well thought out). Beta64 is ok too, but don't bother if you've spent any time on TCRF, since it's basically TCRF in video format.

I really wish I could find more videos about the developmental and technical side of retro games. I don't care much for reviews unless they're extremely well done (see above), and LPs are boring as shit. Anyone got any recs?
>>
>>3056783
Their vids are few and far between but they're are from dead.
>>
>>3056824
> developmental and technical side
Not video but you probably want to listen to the Upper Memory Block podcast.
>>
>>3056812
>Ross' Game Dungeon
I tried to watch this guy, he carried on doing idiotic voices like some Twitch streamer autist manchild
>>
File: goat.jpg (330 KB, 580x870) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
330 KB, 580x870
goats are cute
>>
>>3056725
Seconding this. Lazy Game Reviews might be among the best gaming channels on the site. Lots of retro content and most of the reviews are hardly lazy. DOS games and other early computing titles are not really in the mainstream consciousness of retro stuff and he does a lot of it.
>>
>>3056824
>nb4 people shit on YouTube because
i use youtube weekly daily, but web tv shows isnt vr, is not even videogames, so not even /v/
>>
>>3058421
Gaming magazines aren't videogames either, but we see threads about those.
>>
>>3058434
Off topic garbage not being noticed by the mods doesn't excuse even more off topic garbage. Shill yourself jabroni.
>>
File: seriously.jpg (51 KB, 340x480) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
51 KB, 340x480
>>3058824
>retro reviews
>retrospectives
>not retro game related
>>
>>3056703
try kinaman
russian hunchback describes his childhood and experience with games growing up among other things
>>
>>3056703
I think Matt has a PhD in literature. Compared to the competition he's in a league of his own.
>>
>>3060430
>>3056703
1999 is the cuttoff
>>
stanburdman
There are some newer games on there, but a lot of his older stuff from like 2007-2011 is mostly retro.
>>
>>3062068
He has periods between being good and being shit. 2007-2010 is good, 2011 is shit, 2012-13 is good, and 2013-onwards is shit.
>>
>>3062068
Shame he doesn't make videos anymore.
>>
I really enjoy Chrontendo, a series about a guy trying to play every nes/famicom game ever released. Unfortunately he never completed it, I believe he made it to about mid 1989, still he covers a lot of time. He had made similar series for other consoles but there no where near as extensive and only have a few episodes.
http://chrontendo.blogspot.com/?m=1
Here is the main blog, if you go on youtube you could find every episode ever released.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.