[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games you absolutely love but most seem to hate. Pic Related.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: gfs_39773_2_7.jpg (10 KB, 256x240) Image search: [Google]
gfs_39773_2_7.jpg
10 KB, 256x240
Games you absolutely love but most seem to hate.

Pic Related.
>>
>>3056461
Agreed
>>
>>3056461
The soundtrack is awesome. Actually the game is pretty good, just requires ninja skills
>>
>>3056505
One of the few games where I get sore after playing it for like an hour.
>>
File: zelda ll.jpg (12 KB, 190x266) Image search: [Google]
zelda ll.jpg
12 KB, 190x266
>>3056461
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.
>>
File: 7539.jpg (52 KB, 640x468) Image search: [Google]
7539.jpg
52 KB, 640x468
>>3056461
South park 64.
>>
>>3056537
>most people hate Zelda 2

18+ kiddo
>>
>>3056461
Aside from the AVGN video I haven't seen much hate for that game. Most I see is someone saying it's incredibly hard.
>>
>>3056615
people loved Zelda 2 when I was a kid in the 80s/90s, but it seems to get a lot of hate now. I need to replay it, but I remember loving it when I was ten.
>>
>>3056461
Getting that cheat code right was as hard as the game itself.
>>
>>3056461
The best part about this last boss is you don't even need to dodge anything. There's a blind spot right above his head. You can just sit on top of him and shoot down until he dies.

The whole game in fact feels like someone wanted to make a shoot-em-up but had never seen another shoot-em-up in their entire life. It's a bad game but I still kinda like it.
>>
>>3056461
Silver Surfer isn't a bad game per se. It's just an unreasonably difficult game.
>>
File: 1719469-poed_00110.jpg (243 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1719469-poed_00110.jpg
243 KB, 720x480
Nobody really hates PO'ed but nobody loves it either. I think PO'ed for the PS1 is excellent. It is the only FPS game for the PS1 where you are able to fly around on a jet pack and shoot aliens with a plethora of weapons, including some heavy fucking futuristic machine guns. When I play it (in the later levels when you finally get the jet pack) I feel like I am Iron Man. It's such a sweet fucking feeling if you get to the point where you are comfortable with the controls.
>>
Sup bootsie
>>
Fatal Labyrinth. It was always a comfy game to me. Plus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY7OkX2vGuk

All day long.
>>
>>3057212
People hate that?
>>
>>3056626
It was only the second one so I suppose it's that the rest of the Zelda canon hadn't been brought into existence yet, to make the second one look like the abberation it is, rather than an evolution of the franchise.
>>
>>3056615
If you had to be alive when Zelda 2 came out to appreciate it then it's not a good game.
>>
>>3057153

always wanted to rent that as a kid.
>>
>>3056461
I played it with autofire and it was actually enjoyable.

Also, the first level music is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J0H5ah1G7A
>>
>>3057510
But it is a good game.

If it wasnt attached to zelda, would you still call it a bad game? If so why.

Granted it has a few negatives and bugs, but its entirely playable and quite fun... until the last palace, fuck that shit.
>>
File: Metroid.jpg (805 KB, 1534x2100) Image search: [Google]
Metroid.jpg
805 KB, 1534x2100
Lots of awesome games are hated for bullshit reasons, because people suck at games. Silver Surfer takes effort, and while its high difficulty may not be for everyone, the game doesn't "suck" merely because I'm no good.

As the old saying goes, git gud.
>>
>>3057587
I'm arguing against his claim of being a certain age to like something more than the actual quality of Zelda 2 itself. I just hate it when someone claims you MUST be born after a certain point if you hate something as if that makes whatever they're defending look any better.
>>
File: Bubsy_1_cover.png (325 KB, 300x426) Image search: [Google]
Bubsy_1_cover.png
325 KB, 300x426
>>
>>3057621
Oh, wasnt sure if you were implying it wasnt a good game as well.

I dont think "must be born..." is a valid argument, but I can understand that mindset, kind of... sometimes its just misnamed nostalgia.

Sometimes someone that grows up playing a game that is considered "bad" by modern standards will still look favorably on it.
>>
>>3057680
>Oh, wasnt sure if you were implying it wasnt a good game as well.

Yeah sorry about that I should have been more clear with my original statement.
>>
>>3057591
My only problem with the original Metroid is that it doesn't include a map
>>
>>3057067
It's only difficult if you die and go back to 0 power with no options. If you survive for long enough to get to max power, which doesn't take very long, it becomes a game for babies.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (74 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
74 KB, 480x360
Zillion (SMS)

I've seen a couple other anons mention it before but nobody gives a shit about it or ever plays it. It's one of the best 8-bit Metroidvanias and... not a fucking peep is ever said about it. Fuck.
>>
>>3056461
Silver Surfer is fucking garbage
>>
I love Vagrant Story, but it is one of those love or hate games.

I also like the obscure Crisis City from the PS1, don't know if anyone here knows about it. Never found a ROM with its complete version. I plan on buying a original copy someday.
>>
>>3058043
It's also an anime with a pretty rad opening sequence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8rf8_Dcrc8
>>
>>3058802
RIP Honda Chieko
>>
>>3057153

played it a few times on the 3DO kiosk outside of a software etc at the mall. i remember being blown away and confused as to why there weren't more games with jetpacks.
>>
>>3057591
>die
>restart with 30 health
>have to spend half an hour farming for health pellets

gg
>>
>>3058043
I've only heard positive things about it, but only rarely is it ever brought up.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.