[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Our Western incomplete world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 1
I've been playing some Samurai Shodown, and come to try playing the Japanese RPG version of the game, beautifully titled: Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits Bushidö Retsuden. Beautiful. But well, I don't know, 4chan seems like the best place to ask. Is anyone up to do a translation? It seems the only translation to english there was being made is no more. I want to really savor the thing, and learning Japanese seems like too difficult a trial.
>>
>>3056327
Oh hi, I see you're new here and are unintentionally shitposting.

>can someone translate this for me?
1) Fuck off.
2) Learn japanese ya and translate it yourself ya cheekcunt.
>>
I can't read Japanese so I can't help much, but I'm definitely interested in this project. It's a shame that most cd consoles get passed over when it comes to translation patches. There are so many Japanese only PC Engine CD and Sega CD games I'm interested in.
>>
https://www.google.com/webhp?q=samurai%20shodown%20rpg%20translation
>>
Love the warm welcome.
>>
>>3056364
It's gotten really bad here recently.

What system is this for? NeoGeo?
>>
>>3056381
neo geo cd
>>
Neo Geo CD is the best version and the one that was being translated, but there's also versions for Playstation and Sega Saturn. The problem is that the game isn't that much known, so, there isn't that much people working on it.
>>
>>3056364
No offense OP, but you really can't come in and ask people for a translation. Translating an RPG takes hours upon hours of work. Not only do you have to translate the script, you also have to code it all in. If someone wants to translate, they will get around to it.

Also, I'd advise against using a name. I personally don't care, but others find it distasteful.
>>
>>3056364
Why would you think a bunch of turbo-nerds on /vr/ would want to do some name-fag any favors?

Go hunt down the guys who were working on it, throw down some cash and get them to finish it.
>>
You do realize that translating a game is more than just going "Okay, so 糞うんちのお尻が、 means Steel Sword so I'll just type that in here..."
>>
The name seems to be superfluous, but I understand the distasteful effect.

And well, the idea of the topic is more to garner attention of, maybe, some people who weren't aware and might be interested in it, or people who know something of some obscure translation happening or something. I may be a little too confident on 4chan's range, but no problem in trying.

Anyway, I find that the discussion of the game may be good enough for something, it's not a game that you see everyday being discussed.
>>
Unfortunately a handful of interesting jrpgs and games from other genres never left japan.
>>
>>3056425
We had a thread on it like 3 weeks ago.
>>
>>3056454
Don't know if it's easy to find, but if you could link it here, or say how to get to it, it would be useful.
>>
>>3056487
Here's the /vr/ archive
https://warosu.org/vr/
>>
>I want to really savor the thing, and learning Japanese seems like too difficult a trial.
Learning the language is the only way to really savor it, translations will never convey everything.
>>
>>3056542
>Nightwolve
i remember him disparaging Ys fans because of some reason, lack of monetary appreciation probably.
>>
>>3056542
Nightwolve doesn't translate and he doesn't work for XSEED. He's just a hacker who works with translators.
>>
>>3056551
>>3056558
Crap, I posted the wrong guy. Deuce was translating it. I remember him from the Nightwolve fiasco, so I sorta switched the names.
But anyways, Deuce works either on XSEED or as a freelancer now, so don't expect SamSho anytime soon.

*You may think Deuce was in the right on the whole Nightwolve x Deuce mock battle, but he actually posted a pic of his dick in the neo-geo.com forums. So Nightwolve and Deuce are different kinds of crazy.

I'll delete the post, change the name and keep this one here.
>>
I remember there were already 2 translation attempts, but none bore fruit, mainly because of drama. The french translation was completed either in 2014 or last year, I think?

Anyway, the guy who was last seen translating it is a known drama queen (Deuce), so you're really out luck on this one for a while. He blew the neo-geo.com people off while posting a pic of his dick. There's one or two youtube videos where his "friend" plays it, if you're interested. I doubt he'll ever release it, since he's a freelance translator for XSEED now (at least I think he is).

*The dick pic was posted while he was having a tantrum about the KOF XIII rom being leaked to the internet.

There.
>>
>>3056562
Would it be possible to license the game from SNK Playmore and sell it? Or are there other parties involved that could hinder such a deal?
>>
>>3056519
Thanks!

>>3056547
I can agree with this, but Japanese would take me a long time to really learn, maybe someday, but for some faster results only a translation would help. Japanese Kanjis are a pain with their many meanings and untranslatable words.

>>3056562
It's a shame the translation had to fall on the hands of someone crazy.

>>3056565
Now, there's a great thing. French is a billlion times easier to learn or just translate directly from the game. My mother language's actually pretty close to it, and English's not that far away too. I'll try to find the French translation then.

Now, all that drama, didn't know about it. The guy seems a little out of his mind. At least, now he's employed, in some manner (if he's in XSEED).

Well, maybe one day I learn Japanese, then I can revisit the game to revel in its true charisma.
>>
>>3056657
It's really not a pain to learn kanji.
Just learn it along with Japanese vocab. Too many people think of learning Kanji as like learning an alphabet. In reality, it's not very time consuming since you're just learning readings along with the same vocab you'd learn with any other language.
>>
>>3056664
This is a good tip. A mistake a lot of people make is ignoring kanji while they learn grammar and vocab. It's much more effective to just take it in all at once. Sage for /lang/
>>
>>3056664
This assumes everyone learns the same way. If I get vocab from a random show then obviously it won't have kanji.
>>
>>3056673
My way is the fastest way
Your argument is self defeating
You don't just pick up vocab, you mine it, and memorise it, like a factory

My way is the best because I said so can't hear you lahlahlahlah
>>
>>3056673
You can. If I hear a word I think I should know I type it into my dictionary and save the most complex way to write it for Anki.
Not to mention there are Japanese subtitles available.
>>
>>3056682
I'm not trying to learn kanji. I'm content enough being able to understand anime.
>>
>>3056673
>If I get vocab from a random show
それなら日本語出来ないウィアブですよ(笑)
>>
>>3056694
Japanese and Kanji are closely tied together. A lot of vocabulary makes more sense when you see the way it is written.
>>
>>3056701
is that really how you should spell weaboo?
>>
>>3056712
>>3056701
>uiabu
Quite a clever way or reproducing a w
>>
>>3056701
You fags are just jealous I learned entirely from TV. nihongo kantan
>>
>>3056716
Normally you'd use ヴ and I'm missing some -.
>>
>>3056327
Holy shit you're stupid, maybe /v/ is more up your alley.
>>
>>3056718
That's why we can play Japanese games and you can't.
>>
>>3056723
Mostly only retro games. With visual novel reader you can convert the kanji to romaji for lots of titles.
>>
>>3056716
>>3056719
That's actually completely wrong, weebcakes. But he did spell it out wrong, it's ウィアブー.
>>
Almost ten years ago someone was translating it
>>
>>3056727
Thanks for correcting him and teaching me something anon
>>
>>3056726
http://sakuradite.com/wiki/en/VNR
Visual novel reader is useful as fuck.
>>
>>3056726
How does it deal with vocabulary with different readings and meanings? e.g. 大人気.
How do you deal with all the homophones?
>>
>>3056746
Context? Its not like we dont have homophones in english.
>>
>>3056754
How do you distinguish between 私立 and 市立 in context?
>>
>>3056760
Bro Im not claiming to be an expert, just an adequate enough lazy motherfucker. You're asking me stuff outside of my level of expertise. If you want to go somewhere and talk in japanese, let me know. I practice with japanese online friends on occasion.
>>
>>3056746
>大人気
>大・人気 or 大人・気
That's a pretty cool compound.

>>3056763
That's why you'll never learn Japanese.
>>
>>3056763
私立 means privately established
市立 means municipal
Both are read as siritu and will appear in the same contexts.
These aren't some ultra obscure kanji or vocabulary, you'll encounter that stuff all the time.
>>
>>3056764
And you'll never be a japanese person no matter how hard you try damn weaboo. I'm not sure how being an elitist about it is suppose to help things, we're suppose to be helping each other here are we not? I offered you friendship but you turned me down.
>>
>>3056764
And 人気 alone already has three different meanings.
>>
>>3056765
shiritsu tantei? i here it all the time on jdramas/anime
>>
>>3056767
Fuck you, I don't condone your idiocy.
>>
>>3056776
oh no i made the weaboo mad
>>
>>3056776
And what was the point of all your japanese practice? Clearly the biggest waste of time in your life. Because you got nothing to show for it besides bragging about it on 4chan.
>>
>>3056767
>wanting to get better makes you a weaboo

>>3056764
The guy admits to not being an expert. I don't think he's even aiming to become fluent.

Both of you are total fucking faggots.
>>
>>3056785
>Because you got nothing to show for it besides bragging about it on 4chan.
I can read all those manga, books, websites etc, play all those games, watch all those shows and movies that I always wanted in a better way than relying on translations and the like.
>>
>>3056817
Not everyone shares your autist level obsession of japanese. Most people have a lot more going on in their life so they can't just dedicate everything to it or necessarily want to either.
>>
>>3056843
I spent about an hour per day on learning and you could probably do fine with less.
It's not something I devoted my entire existence to.
>>
>>3056785
>>3056843
What a sad human being you are. Let me guess, English native who never bothered to try learning a new language?

I'm not anon hearing you say something like "biggest waste of time in your life" is fucking laughable as studying Japanese made me a much happier person and opened me to things I'd have never experienced otherwise.

>Not everyone shares your autist level obsession of japanese. Most people have a lot more going on in their life so they can't just dedicate everything to it or necessarily want to either.
Then don't and fuck off? Why do you feel so diminished by the thought of other persons knowing something you don't? Why do you feel the need to add "a lot more going on in their life"? What the fuck does that even mean?

Sounds to me like you have huge ego problems. Get help.
>>
>mfw studied Japanese for the last 5 years so I can play games easily for a long time now

Obviously I'm not doing it just for video games, but there are definetly a worthwhile bonus. I'd recommend going for it. If I could do it, so can you.
>>
>>3056848
>I spent about an hour per day on learning and you could probably do fine with less.
That is some bullshit.
>>
>>3056893
How is it bullshit?
>>
>>3056785
>And what was the point of all your japanese practice?
Well, first of all he can PLAY RETRO GAMES and games you cannot play, let alone watching and reading media in their original language, talk to people and generally have some fucking culture.

I bet you're one of those EOP american stemfags judging by your holier than thou attitude, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>3056893
It's not you retard, don't spout opinions about something you can't comprehend.
>>
>>3056785
>>3056843
The accrual of knowledge and a new skill is never a bad thing. Why do people only jump on those who learn Japanese? If someone says "I learnt German" or "I learnt Manchurian" they'll usually congratulate them on their hard work paying off. They don't call them an autistic Chinaboo
>>
>>3056364
Probably cuz you are a stupid name fag. So yea go fuck yourself namefag.
>>
>>3056957
My guess would be that Japanese is something they'd like to know themselves but can't.
>Manchurian
Do you mean Mandarin? Manchu is a pretty minor language nowadays.

I learned ancient Greek.
>>
>>3056972
Yeah, Mandarin sorry
Isn't Manchurian actually a race?
I got it messed up with highschool history. Long live Cixi
>>
>>3056957
>>3056972
Look at these autists gather. Of course they can't understand how the average person is, and think that they themselves are completely normal!
>>
>>3057012
Are you baiting? It's time to stop posting normie-kun.
>>
>>3056967
Sorry for commiting such a crime. Now I'll commit seppuku.
>>
>>3056957
My mom likes to compare my embarassment over studying japanese to the embarassment felt by male ballet dancers. In her mind, both are difficult, nerdy things that you should be proud of putting effort toward being good at.

What she doesn't realize is that ballet dancers don't get lumped together with teenage boys who can do a spin and won't date because they're waiting to commit suicide with a princess who is cursed to be a swan. Thai is about the only language you can learn with sadder implications than japanese.
>>
>>3057867
What's wrong with learning Thai?
>>
>>3058006
I guess he's saying everyone assumes that you just want to go to Thailand to fuck hookers and children.
>>
>>3058009
Yeah, is that not normal or something?
All of you are just way too insecure.
>>
>>3057638
Now is not the time for newspaper puzzles, son.
>>
>>3058014
Don't cut yourself on all that edge boyo
>>
>>3058062
It's a joke, 男の子
>>
kisama-tachi, all of ya's
>>
>>3056409
It will get you an even worse response in the ROM hacker/translation scene. What happened here was extremely nice in comparison.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.