[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a Zelda Classic thread? We had one a few days th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: zcsliced_07.gif (21 KB, 251x129) Image search: [Google]
zcsliced_07.gif
21 KB, 251x129
Can we have a Zelda Classic thread? We had one a few days that went well.

Quick explanation for those unfamiliar:

Zelda Classic is a fan-made PC recreation of The Legend of Zelda that comes with an extensive editor tool, that allows you to essentially make your own Zelda quest. You're not just limited to stuff from Zelda 1, as the editor lets you add tons of items and elements from later Zelda games, and supports scripting to allow you to add even more.

You can get it at zeldaclassic.com, and check out purezc.com for resources, scripts, quests, and et cetera.

To be completely honest, I can't figure out if this belongs on /vr/ or not.
>>
Seems like an awesome idea, I've been meaning to give it a go for ages. Only issue is that games can't be exported, they have to be loaded up in the player which makes sharing with friends etc. inconvenient.
>>
>>3055437
I wish this was open source. It would be nice to play quests on a phone, wii or psp.

Plus fullscreen is broken on newer versions of windows.
>>
>>3055624
Isn't it open source now? The project seems to be hosted at github right now.
>>
>>3055719
github.com/ArmageddonGames/ZeldaClassic

Huh, you're right.
Every time I've googled it I only found forum threads with people saying "never ever."
>>
>>3055731
I found about the thing just a couple days before the previous thread, so I stumbled upon that before even seeing the forums.

So, anyone got good quest recommendations to try out the thing? I'd specially like to see dungeon crawls more than story-based ones.
>>
zelda classic is one of the worst programmed pieces of shit ever. Its a bitch to get running and only hardcore zelda austists would care that much.
>>
>>3055759
Dude, I just had to unzip and run and I am in fucking Linux. HOW can you get this to not run?
>>
>>3055809
I havent tried it in years but it used to be a pain in the ass on windows. Loading quests was fucking archaic and retarded as hell
>>
>>3055437
Zelda classic was amazing as a kid! I found out about it first from an old game informer magazine.

I'm surprised how many people still play this, it really could be something great if it was adapted to steam or something more modern.

Anyways I still remember how to set up events and cutscenes. Excuse the personal blog.

Does anyone else discovering this song on their computer as a kid? Freaking used this as my dungeon ost, gives me the chills everytime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkiioYTEoHo

Zelda Classic!
>>
>>3055819
Well it's easy peasy now.
>>
So, anyone has any recommendations on what quests to play?
>>
>>3057742
Try taking a look at PureZC's top rated quests?

I hear Lost Isle is really good.
>>
>>3057803
Well yeah but the idea was to spur some discussion, and at times there's good stuff that's not in the top. I am also curious about what quests people around here likes.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.