[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could make changes to dungeon keeper what would they be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: ik06s1lrjuhaealxikzf.jpg (164 KB, 670x405) Image search: [Google]
ik06s1lrjuhaealxikzf.jpg
164 KB, 670x405
If you could make changes to dungeon keeper what would they be?
>>
Hold as many monsters as I want instead of only 8.
>>
Un-invert mouselook
A carryover monster box in every world, however hidden
Probably tweak certain monsters.

Vampires are difficult to get, but pretty weak.

Horned Reapers are imba, but the cost of them being immediately annoyed and wrecking shit all the time is a bit shit- though I do like creating little bedroom cells to leave them in.
Level 10 Demonspawn turn into a level 1 dragon, which is far, far weaker than a Demonspawn. They likely should change into a level 3 or so.
Probably change or diminish the sound of the lava, I remember it giving me a headache in 1st person
>>
>>3053812

I played some alpha or beta last year that was like a really lite version of dwarf fortress and dungeon keeper. Anyone know which one I'm talking about?
>>
>>3054818
No. We don't but would you kindly put some images of this up now?
>>
>>3054859

Formated my PC since, doesn't look like I've saved the installer. (Can't remember the name right now either hence my post.)
>>
>>3053812
A better Keeper AI would be nice.
>>
>>3055040
Yeah, Keeper AI was fucking annoying it either didn't attack or did but kinda wasted its power.

>>3054863
Do you remember anything about it? Because it sounds like your pulling our leg.
>>
keep the promise of the game: becoming a dungeon keeper, keeping dungeons, fighting off adventurerers.
not letting it derrail into a halfassed rts where you battle other dungeon keepers.
wtf were the developers thinking, not once, ever, in the history of fantasy lore, has there been an event where one dunegon fights another.
>>
>>3055424
This
When I first played it I was expecting a base building game where I would make my dungeon full of traps and monsters.
I got a pretty boring RTS with only one resource and IMBA monsters
>>
>>3055424
>>3055729
To be fair, I think the game should have both netural invaders and enemy keepers or allys.
>>
>>3053812
Something that always bothered me was wood bridges over lava. Should've been stone.
>>
>>3055821
Dungeon keeper 2 fixed this issue, however it raised another question about where the wood was sourced from..
>>
>>3055828
Did it? I thought dungeon keeper 2 was kinda strange.
>>
Make and release DK 3
>>
I'd emulate What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord? 2 instead
>>
>>3054818
Game of Dwarves?
>>
File: keeperlr.png (57 KB, 828x475) Image search: [Google]
keeperlr.png
57 KB, 828x475
>>3055412

Found it by actually googling "dungeon keeper + dwarf fortress", it was called Keeper RL.

Mind you, when I said LITE I truly meant it. I believe its in early alpha tests or smth.
>>
>>3057054
Gotta play that now.
>>
File: disco.jpg (207 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
disco.jpg
207 KB, 1024x768
JACKPOT WINNER
>>
Fix the bonus levels.
>>
bigger maps
>>
>>3059808
Bonus levels are easy. You just gotta figure out how to do them.
>>
>>3059774
BERN BABY BERN
>>
>>3062016
But they're broken. Out of the bonus levels in game we have:

Secret 1: A nearly impossible journey through an enormous hero dungeon with a dragon, and there's no reward at the end. It's supposed to give you a vampire, but they never placed a Transfer Creature box in the map so you can't do anything with it.

Secret 5: They built an secret level, but forgot to place the "Locate Hidden World" box anywhere in the game so it can't be accessed. Nice one lads.

Secret 6: This is the full moon level we're told "This region of the underworld will test your ability to traverse the network of caverns. Indeed, time is your enemy here. Defeat it and you will find where the legendary warrior, Ug the Barbarian is imprisoned. Ug will serve you well in the future." But there are no creatures on the level, no Ug the Barbarian ever spawns, and there is no transfer creature box. All you do is mine 30000 gold before time runs out and then nothing happens.

Dungeon Keeper is one of my favourite games but it always gave me the impression that it was never fully tested and that Bullfrog basically released the game in beta.
>>
>>3062041
Maybe, I'm doing something your not because i played dungeon keeper recently after 10 years and completed every secret.

Trust me there are boxes in DK1.
>>
>>3062058
There definitely aren't boxes in all of them. 3 of the 6 bonus levels are broken due to missing boxes, and this is documented online.
>>
>>3062174
To add to that, technically you *can* beat every secret. but one of them can never be accessed via normal gameplay, and two of them give no reward, making them completely pointless.
>>
>>3054775
you do realise all you have to do is keep the horned reaper praying at the temple and he will be as happy as a clam at high tide?
>>
>>3062232
I always kept them on a guard post. Any job keeps them happy, though they cannot work in the workshop or be used in the barracks.

The real problem is when he's diseased or badly injured when low on gold, meaning he keeps trying to go to sleep to recover and then getting angry due to boredom.
>>
>>3062251
I keep them locked away to make them more angery and a effective fighter.
>>
>>3062251
I did not know this, thanks for the tip
>>
>>3062314
Yeah, it's not actually as hard as people say to keep reapers happy. Main things you need to look out for are to keep checking up on him when he's training, to make sure he doesn't hit level 10 and then wander around bored, and then once he's reached level 10 all you have to do is stick him on a guard post and make sure you always keep enough money to pay him and heal him if he ever gets injured. It may also be a good idea to keep a well-stocked hatchery near his guard post, since even eating for too long can piss him off, though that doesn't actually cause him to go psycho often.
>>
Does anyone else just build massive amounts of traps in their dungeons?
>>
>>3053812
Graphics.
>>
File: Portal_DK1_Trans.png (23 KB, 245x192) Image search: [Google]
Portal_DK1_Trans.png
23 KB, 245x192
>>3062041
I would have posted a vote for better A.I., but if we could have more levels like that Secret 1, and less broken, I'd be content. That place is so cool.

Here is one way to do it btw
dungeonkeeper.wikia.com/wiki/Secret_1
>>
Alright, Guys!

VOTE IS UP.
http://strawpoll.me/7082061
>>
>>3055424
>not letting it derrail into a halfassed rts where you battle other dungeon keepers.

Well that's disappointing, is there any other game (aside from the ones mentioned in this thread) where you only build dungeons to repel heroes?
>>
>>3068361
I think the game should be both. Some hero invasion and other keeper vs keeper.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.