[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Shogo is the only one who though it's a good idea to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: screenshot.2016-03-09 (1).png (663 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.2016-03-09 (1).png
663 KB, 1280x800
Why Shogo is the only one who though it's a good idea to mix anime and fps?
>>
Shadow Warrior says hi.
>>
>>3053256
not really anime though.
It's more about Kung fu movie.
>>
File: shogo_014.png (3 MB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
shogo_014.png
3 MB, 1600x1000
>>3053252
Shogo was a unique, brilliant, and underrated game. Not just for its aesthetics, but the gameplay successfully merges mecha, vehicle, and on-foot combat seamlessly in the one engine.

It had twin weapons, NPC interaction, good pacing, multiple endings, and even a Linux port. There is literally nothing to dislike about this game.

I'm one of those crusty 2D nostalgiafags who whined in 1995 about how Quake was taking focus off gameplay at the expense of graphics, but even I loved Shogo and have finished it multiple times.

Also dat soundtrack
https://youtu.be/5w4FJmflGwg
> I know we can make it togetherrrrrrr
>>
>>3055368
The theme's the best.

I still find it amusing how it appeared on the original F.E.A.R. on a certain easter egg... and later on the Extraction Point expansion as another easter egg. Monolith must've loved the tune.
>>
...and now that I'm seeing it, the F.E.A.R. area with the Shogo theme easter egg also had that same whiteboard that's on OP's pic.
>>
>>3053256

Shit game. Moving on.
>>
Because japs get motion sickness from first person shooters and if a western dev is making a game with anime graphics it's pretty much guaranteed it won't be an FPS.
>>
>>3055969

Motion sickness can happen to anyone, I don't think that's why the genre isn't as popular in Japan as it is in the west, must be something else. Maybe something cultural?

I can't say I'm a big fan of FPSs though, I enjoyed Doom back in the day and that's it.
>>
>>3055368
>gameplay successfully
Mecha part, maybe. But on foot part was hitscan fest at its worst. I still played the hell out of the game though.
>>
>>3055368
the random critical hit system was retarded though
>>
>>3055785
its better than shogo you fucking loser. I like both of them but you're an idiot. Take your shit sjw opinions back to plebbit
>>
>>3055696
>>3055698
The original FEAR had a ton of connections with Shogo to the point where it could have been a prequel showing where a lot of the technology you see in Shogo originated from. But then WB had to buy Monolith and throw that idea out the window.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.