[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SNES Top 25 Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: SuperGhoulsNGhosts.jpg (122 KB, 640x444) Image search: [Google]
SuperGhoulsNGhosts.jpg
122 KB, 640x444
Does Super Ghouls N Ghosts make it into your top 25 SNES games of all-time?

Selling over a million copies during it's release it is one of Capcom's greatest titles, especially during the era (well at least that's my opinion).

Anybody else totally dig this game?
>>
Maybe. It's like a 7/10.
>>
who cares, SNES Top 25's are always filled with kiddie casual shit
>>
>>3022836
no. i played through that shit and it sent me back to the start to collect the worst wepaon in the game.
>>
>>3022858
I found it frustrating at first, but then I mentally mapped out the game and now I can blaze through it, I definitely would put it in my top 25, probably nearer to 25 than to 15
>>
top 5 desu senpai
>>
>>3022857

Hi, Joe
>>
>>3022857
Epic.

How can people seriously believe this? What benefit is there to still acting like a console war child? Do morons like this not realize how many games they're denying themselves due to some shallow retarded brand loyalty?
>>
File: 150px-Bahamutlagoon.jpg (6 KB, 150x82) Image search: [Google]
150px-Bahamutlagoon.jpg
6 KB, 150x82
If we only count games released in the west, yes.
If we also count games released in japan, no.
Pic kinda related.
>>
>>3023080

You do realize we're on the internet, right?
>>
>>3022858
I got near the second end but I lost my will to continue
>>
>>3022836
>Top 25

I don't even think I could name 25 off the top of my head.

Super Ghouls and Ghosts is fun though, definitely challenging.
>>
It's good.

It's easy to become a little too reliant on the upgraded crossbow, because it makes the game easy to just blast through but when you're forced to use the goddess bracelet after looping you're in for a hard time.
>>
>>3022858

The Goddess Bracelet is decent if you understand how it works. At close range, its damage is insane. All you have to do is not spam it.
>>
Too much slowdown.

I'd rather play Ghouls 'n Ghosts tbqh.
>>
Game is great, but the second playthrough is not nearly as fun. Especially trying to beat Nebiroth with the Bracelet.
>>
>>3023238

They're 2 different games anyway, both are fun.

By Ghouls n Ghost I hope you mean the arcade version though, it's the only good one.
>>
>>3023291

Arcade is definitely superior, but there's nothing wrong with the Genesis version and it's still better than Super GnG.
>>
>>3022836
>Does Super Ghouls N Ghosts make it into your top 25 SNES games of all-time?

yes.
>>
>>3023302

Uh, no, it's not better because it's a different game, you can enjoy both.

There is no reason to play the Genesis version of Ghouls when the arcade exists.
>>
File: 1440203481358.jpg (29 KB, 285x294) Image search: [Google]
1440203481358.jpg
29 KB, 285x294
>>3023321

>It's impossible to compare two different games

>there's no reason to play one game when another game exists

Okay
>>
>>3023291
>By Ghouls n Ghost I hope you mean the arcade version though, it's the only good one.
What are you smoking? Ghouls 'n Ghosts has great ports on Genesis, Supergrafx and x68000.
>>
>>3023336

Read again, I'm never saying you shouldn't play Ghouls because SGnG exists. However the other guy is saying that you shouldn't play SGnG because Ghouls exist. I'm just saying that both are great games, and that the only version of Ghouls that should be played is the arcade.

>>3023346

Decent ports, yes but no reason to pick them over the original arcade.
>>
>>3023350
I don't own an arcade.
>>
>>3023350

I never said "you shouldn't play SGnG because Ghouls exists"

I said "I'd rather play Ghouls 'n Ghosts tbqh." and then I said, "there's nothing wrong with the Genesis version and it's still better than Super GnG". Both statements reflect my opinion of the games and neither time did I say you should never play Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts just that I don't like it.

You were the one suggesting that you shouldn't play Ghouls n Ghosts on the Genesis because the arcade version exists which is a downright asinine statement.
>>
>>3023361

If you're a fan of the series you should.
>>
>>3023350
Why not? they play just as good as the arcade (arguably better because diagonals are allowed), and you can play them on the comfort of your console. Unlike SGnG which had awful slowdowns on the SNES and was fixed in later ports (even then it still has a boring level design)
>>
>>3023365

Well, it's okay, to each their own.

I don't think my opinion is "asinine", just common sense. If Super Ghouls n Ghosts had an arcade version that was better than the console version, I'd aslo recommend playing the arcade instead. Not saying the Genesis port is unplayable or anything though.
>>
>>3023378
The Saturn/PS1/PS2 port are better than the SNES version, now fuck off
>>
Oh look, Ghost and Goblin threads are also just console war threads in disguise, it's not just a Castlevania thing.
>>
>>3023380
>now fuck off

Woah anon, why the hostility?

Sure, that's why I say "console version", note how I didn't say SNES version.

I think you're a tad bit obsessed with your console wars. I just care about the games.
>>
>>3023381
It all started with this retard implying the console versions were shit >>3023291
>>
>>3023381

Fuck YOU

My childhood's console of choice>Your childhood's console of choice
>>
>>3023385

You're just as retarded by replying with such defensiveness.
And at the end of the day he's right, the arcade version is better.
>>
>>3023392
You both are retarded if you think games with arcade-perfect gameplay are bad ports, period.
>>
File: COMP-Ghouls_n_Ghosts_01.gif (52 KB, 640x470) Image search: [Google]
COMP-Ghouls_n_Ghosts_01.gif
52 KB, 640x470
>>3023394

They're not bad ports, but given the chance to play the arcade version instead it's a no brainer.
>>
>>3023397
Having slightly better graphics doesn't make the arcade "the only good one", unless you are a retard who play games for graphics.
>>
>>3023405

I'm not the guy who say the ports are shit (and he probably just said that to bait people, which worked). But yeah, I'd rather play the arcade version, graphics is not all that matters, but if I have the chance to play the original arcade, which is the one that's overall the best, why settle for inferior versions (even if they're not outright bad)?
>>
>>3023412
Because they allow you to turn while crouching
>>
>>3023418

Okay, I haven't played the Genesis version since I was a kid. I think I'll try the PC Engine version next time I feel like playing through it and see if I can notice any improvements in the gameplay.

Gameplay on the arcade already is perfect to me though so I'm not sure if that change will mean anything to me.
>>
>>3023321

FF7 is better than OoT.
>>
>>3023412
Comodity, playing real carts, gamepad preferences etc. The point is that they are good versions of the game despite having slightly worse graphics, it's downright retarded to say the arcade is the only good one just because of slightly better graphics.

Also, the Genesis version allows diagonal which can be a problem on the arcade with a d-pad.
>>
>>3023429

Dragon Quest III is better than both
>>
>>3022836
If the frame rate was higher I'd like it. Not every game needs to be a nice smooth fast paced game, but fucking hard ones do
>>
>>3023436

Play one of the ports that eliminate the slowdown.
>>
>>3023432

It's okay, again, I'm not the guy who said the ports are bad, I'm just saying that the arcade is better and I don't think this is a secret. Again, I haven't played the Genesis version in years, and I don't have any problem with the arcade's controls, but I'll check out the PC Engine version and see if I can notice improvements in terms of controls.
>>
>>3023210

homing crossbow gets you randomly killed occasionally though, by refusing to fire again while one of its shots chases something stupid

if you play for a long time then you should probably eventually get mad at it because of that and try something else

there are definitely some weapon balance problems though: dagger is far superior to alternatives in almost every situation, green armor is a disappointing downgrade for lance and axe, wacky triangle's charge-up power is vastly underpowered, axe has no special strength to counterbalance its general clumsiness, torch charge-up power doesn't feel like it collides with things right or something...

still, all the weapons are fun and usable, if you don't mind handicapping yourself a bit

and yeah it's a great game
>>
>>3023447
>I'm just saying that the arcade is better and I don't think this is a secret
But that doesn't mean home versions should never be played. I mean shit, people fucking love all the arcade ports on the genesis, saturn, and dreamcast. Should no one play those because even the best arcade conversions are still technically inferior? No, of course not.

The genesis version of Ghouls n Ghosts is a good port, as with the other genesis ports capcom made, like Strider.
>>
>>3023476

Alright man! I already said I'm not the person who said the ports are shit. I even said I'll give the PC Engine version a try next time I feel like playing the game.
>>
>>3023262

Really that fight is pretty much the only time when you HAVE to use the bracelet to do something difficult, though. Otherwise you can just ignore it until that point, I think--supposing you're confident in your ability to get chests when you want them, anyway.
>>
>>3023483
He was also another guy. Anyway, not sure if the Supergrafx version has the diagonal thingy, but it plays as good as the other versions. Graphically it goes like this: X68000 > Supergrafx > Genesis.

X68000 looks practically arcade perfect. Supergrafx has most of the detail of the arcade intact, only some weird colors here and there. The Genesis port has missing details, it sufers from being a 4mbits cart, with 8mbits it could have looked great, like Strider.
>>
File: 13398-158659-OBG13RS4jpg-620x.jpg (48 KB, 620x300) Image search: [Google]
13398-158659-OBG13RS4jpg-620x.jpg
48 KB, 620x300
You know what I play on the SNES when I don't feel like playing anything else? Fucking Run Saber. What a great Strider clone.
>>
>>3022836
I really like the series, but I still think having to beat it twice back to back is the most bullshit way of extending the life of the game.
>>
>>3022836
The cover art does, brother.
>>
I used the level-skip cheat and fought the boss. Game was too hard as a kid. Fuck that shit.

I don't even know what my top 25 would be. Of the ones I own, I think very few would make it on that or anyone's list.

>>3023439
But the slowdown is how you know it's goood.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.