[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got an AES and I want to buy this converter and the 161
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: MVS-MK-02.jpg (99 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
MVS-MK-02.jpg
99 KB, 700x466
I just got an AES and I want to buy this converter and the 161 mvs cart.

It's the MVS Magic Key

I hear a lot of shit about the converter. Is it just purists being purists, or are there actual grievances? Like, does it break easily or cause pin damage or anything like that?

I got Samurai Shodown 2 and KoF 94. Pretty stoked so far. Also, make suggestions for AES carts worth hunting down.
>>
>>3021625
AES cunts are some of the most massive cunt's in existence. Don't expect a lot of help.
>>
138 has more games
>>
>>3021884
I saw they have different games. I need to look at the list again.
>>
>>3021679
Pretty much this.

Honestly, should've just bought a consolized MVS and not have to worry about that stuff.

AES is just ridiculous. I'd never willingly get one. CD or MVS are way more economically feasible.
>>
>>3021987
This is the plan. I can collect later if I feel like it, but this setup seemed solid.

>>3021679
I'm not worried about having my ass kissed. Just wanted some info.
>>
>>3022026
Forgot link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm9k9nsKXAw
>>
>>3021987
CDs are shit. I have a few and literally can't stand the load time. And I'm literally not misusing literally like others here literally do. A minute and a half to load is bullshit.

Cutting his losses and going with a MVS is the best advice.

>>3022026
Good luck with that info. Fucking up buying some shit converters before finally shelling out for the most expensive one seems to be a rite of passage for AESfags.
>>
>>3021625
just wait and get the flashcart. if you don't know about the flashcart, what are you doing?

also how much did you get your AES for
>>
>>3022907
I never claimed CD's were good, just a shitload more economical then AES.
>>
>>3022921
And the kids arrived.
I actually have an AES "flash cart". Pretty sure it's sram but, whatever. you're still an ignorant fuck.

>>3022986
Not trying to be an ass because we obviously agree but at $15/hour flipping burgers I could buy an AES and some games in the time it takes to load a few CD games.
>>
>>3023056
>but at $15/hour flipping burg

Where the fuck are you getting 15 an hour flipping burgers?
>>
>>3022907
>>3022986
I'm waiting for the Dreamcast & Saturn drive emulator maker to create one for Neo-Geo. With how godawful the load times are, you'd think there would be one out there already.
>>
>>3023059
california or great britain would be the likely answers. brits get something like 12usd minimum wage and california has been paying significantly higher minimum wage for quite a while, due to the higher cost of living. truth is that proposed 15usd minimum wage is not far off from what it should be, due to inflation. well, it's actually on the plus side, but by the time they raise it again to compensate for inflation it'll be in the negative again. inflation is the biggest lie of all - devaluing currency is keeps the poor from accumulating wealth and a slave to the machine. nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>3021625
hope you're good with a soldering iron son, cause you're going to want to reflow all of the chips and add a couple extra voltage regulators to fix the sound issues caused by the low build quality of these multicarts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a-67DIteMk
>>
>>3023059
You didn't hear about this $15/hr min wage shit? What redneckn red state do u dun liv in?

>>3023072
You'll be waiting a long time.
>>
>>3023056
>flipping burgers

Oh Edgar did you burn through that $17k already? Did you spend it on that PlayStation that can play laserdiscs?
>>
OP here

>>3022907
Yeah, it saves space at the moment. I can sell it later for about the same price. What's the problem?

>>3022921
About 200 usd. Paid maybe 10 bucks each for CiB games.

>>3023056
>>3023059
>>3023089
>>3023131
>>3023165
>flipping burgers
Goddamn I'm hungry now.
>>
>>3023131
>What redneckn red state do u dun liv in?
probably kentucky, where the cocksucking republican piece of shit they just elected has already started to strip the state of anything that'd interfere with his term and every government assistance program offered cause those poor dumb hillbillies thought supporting the cocksucker getting paid by the coal industry was in their best interest. dumbass red state amerifuckingcunts.
>>
>>3021625
Just wait until Darksoft finishes their flashcart.
>>
>>3023131

I don't live in America dipshit.
>>
Is there a recommended Multi-Cart for MVS?

Obviously the 161 sounds the most appealing but I've heard half of them are just shitty mods or flat out don't work.

I'd prefer one with the Shmups on it if possible, and neo-turf masters. I have Windjammers so that's always good.

Has anyone also done a cap replacement? my sound on my MVS is super fucking low, but when I play my jamma boards its fucking the way it should be so I can only assume it's my motherboard. I guess I gotta take it out of there.
>>
>>3023056
no there is an actual flash cart in development u 'ignorant fuck' .

lmao u got ripped off.
>>
>>3023621
that's a pretty good deal. look into the flashcart that is coming out soon
>>
Op here

>>3024275
>>3025515
It looks interesting,but I heard something about loading times? My guess is that it uploads the rom into the board then runs it. I can't imagine it would load each section. How do flash carts work? I never had one for any other system. Never needed it.
>>
>>3026265
tl;dr version? Flashcart has either SRAM (that gets wiped when the console is powered off) or flash ram (that retains data even powered off) that the microcontroller copies the RAM dump from whatever your storage device is (compact flash, SD card, etc) to the RAM, the console then reads that RAM space and operates the flashcart as a normal cart.
>>
>>3026287
>copies the RAM dump from whatever your storage device is
ROM dump*
>>
>>3024508
50% of 4chan's traffic comes from the states, anyone assuming you're anything else would be betting against the odds kiddo. Now go cry in the corner.
>>
File: daedalus.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
daedalus.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
Just looked this guy up. It's supposed to have no scaling issues and work with gunlord, etc. The whole shibang... but it's 400 goddamn dollars.

A CMVS like the Omega and the Analogue are more expensive than that though.

No idea what's best. A CMVS sounds cool, but I don't have room for it. I just wanted to buy a multicart and be done with it. Shit.

Oh well, any AES suggestions in the meantime?
>>
>>3026265
>never needed it

what is money?
>>
>>3026641
>Consolized MVS sounds cool
>I don't have room for it
Uh... a consolized MVS is smaller than the AES.

If you got a consolized MVS you'd just sell your AES ya dingus.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.