[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /vr/ think of this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Haunted_Castle_(Arcade)_01.png (20 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
Haunted_Castle_(Arcade)_01.png
20 KB, 512x448
What does /vr/ think of this game?
>>
>>3020082
Never got around to playing it for some reason. Amazing soundtrack though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w7t0YV0qn0
>>
It's the hardest one, isn't it? best castlevania game.
>>
Pretty fun. Simon walks like he's really gotta dump ass though.
>>
File: 1455174460087.gif (31 KB, 252x228) Image search: [Google]
1455174460087.gif
31 KB, 252x228
>>3020216
>>
>>3020082
Hard as a mythril golem's ballsack. Christ it's brutal. I did beat it, but there are different arcade versions and I played the easier of the two or three.
>>
Hard as fucking shit but its a good game wouldn't be such faggot shit if it didnt have limited continues.
>>
>>3020126
>The hardest Castlevania is the best Castlevania
Is this why I'm always seeing so many people shit on Super now?
>>
>>3021424

I was being sarcastic by the way, but no, the reason you see people shitting on Super is because of console wars and e-celeb drama.
If difficulty was really the only reason to measure good castlevanias, then the only good ones would be 1, Haunted Castle and maybe 3, Dracula X (SNES) and X68K.
>>
Not very good. It's playable but the level design is pretty flat and hitboxes don't feel natural.
>>
>>3021424
I like super, but it's so different than say, rondeau of blood or the nes games that it just doesn't quite feel like a classicvania.

I blame the diagonal whipping and whip spinning.
>>
>>3021427
Don't forget Vampire Killer for the MSX2. Three lives, no continues.
>>
>>3020216
>>3020219
>That phrasing and then the accompanying gif

I'm trying to not look at my monitor so that the laughter will subside
>>
>>3021427
>1... and maybe 3
3 is a lot harder than 1.
>>
>>3021579

But Rondo of Blood also has game-changing mechanics like the backflip, the item crash and the option to play as a completely broken OP character with double jump and regular boomerang attacks.

The only Castlevania game that truly feels like Castlevania is Castlevania 1.
>>
File: kf07[1].jpg (285 KB, 850x1097) Image search: [Google]
kf07[1].jpg
285 KB, 850x1097
Game is fucking brutal. I feel like the entire Castlevania series was about making Haunted Castle work on consoles and not be a quarter sucker.

Also, I kinda feel like shooping the clothes off this bitch.
>>
>>3020096
best 35 seconds loop in vidya history
>>
>>3020219
He walks like he has a stick jammed firmly in his rectum.
I'll bet dracula did this.
>>
>>3020219
>Join our hero Simon who has IBS and the only working lavatory in the land is in Draculas castle. Can Simon defeat Dracula from occupying the only restroom and pinch a loaf?
>>
>>3022140
This looks like if someone took all the bad aspects of castlevania and made it into a game. It's literally a color version of the GB castlevania
>>
File: Biden Pizza.jpg (678 KB, 1242x1237) Image search: [Google]
Biden Pizza.jpg
678 KB, 1242x1237
>>3022676
>#ded 2bh family
>>
>>3022676
I swear an old newgrounds flash game had this similar plot based on CV2
>>
>>3020096
damn straight it does
https://youtu.be/rDEVr1XLoZs

every level just gets me fucking amped to kill dracula
>>
File: bloodytears.png (534 KB, 621x353) Image search: [Google]
bloodytears.png
534 KB, 621x353
>>3020082
The game as whole is very strange, hit detection, spam of enemies, enemy placement, it's totally unfair many times. I can't pass of the stage in pic related if I die once and lost all the power-ups, is better just restart the game because is bullshit without powerups.

The final boss is kinda funny though, I killed it in like 4 seconds before it could do anything in my first try, unexpected final for a hard game.
Maybe this is why the music is called "Bloody Tears" [also pic related]
>>
>>3020126
It's not that hard I completed it in 1 credit once I found out the stop watch freezes bosses
>>
>>3020082
It's really fucking bad, except for the music.

I heard one of the versions was unbeatable. No one knows if it's because of a bug or Konami being dicks.
>>
>>3023194
Wasn't a game, was just a short flash.
>What a horrible night to have the runs
>>
>>3020082
Great music, but it's not very good otherwise. The art style's ugly, the level design is boring and Simon's hitbox is too large.
>>
>>3021613
You can enable continues and stage select by playing the game with a Game Master cartridge.
>>
>>3022140
1 or 2 players?
>>
>>3022781
>literally
*figuratively
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.