[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>unironically believing Secret of Mana was better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: SECRET_OF_EVERMORE.jpg (2 MB, 2049x1457) Image search: [Google]
SECRET_OF_EVERMORE.jpg
2 MB, 2049x1457
>unironically believing Secret of Mana was better
>>
>>3019978
>unironically thinking your taste >>> everyone else's taste

top pleb, kiddo;
>>
>>3019979
Secret of Mana is cool for the first time when you're 10 y/o playing it.

SoE is a never ending classic.
>>
>Not SD3
Yeah SoM was an unfinished game, but SoE wasn't the best one either.
>>
File: 1333044910091.jpg (41 KB, 445x488) Image search: [Google]
1333044910091.jpg
41 KB, 445x488
>>3019982
Sure it is.
>>
>>3019978
The stuff that was left out of SoM got put in Chrono Trigger, so everyone won.
>>
>>3019978
>>3019982

liking SoE more than SoM is the ultimate try hard contrarian opinion. congratulations you are quite the special snowflake
>>
this is the gayest retro game feud ever and i never even heard about it before coming to this board.
>>
It blows my mind when people think SoE was better.

I just don't fucking get it. It's like they're just saying it to feel like a special snowflake.
>>
Can I just not really like either of them?
>>
>>3019978
Why isn't Metroid just put on his suit to fight?
>>
I liked this game a lot. Probably just as much as secret of mana.

>tfw uncle got me this for Christmas when it came out

One of the best presents I got. Such a surprise to get a game I was saving my allowance up for.

>tfw let a friend borrow it and somehow he breaks it

Fuck you, bobby.
>>
>>3019978

This is a pretty gay argument. I'm 35 and played all the good shit on super nintendo in elementary and middle school. My rankings of snes rpgs

1. ff3 (or 6 for you faggots)
2. ff2 (or 4 for you faggots)
3. Earthbound
4. Mario RPG
5. Secret of Mana
6. Evermore
7. Illusion of gaia

This was my ranking at the time around 1996. I'd probably put earthbound first now, but not much has changed on that list. A lot of it is nostalgia, but that's okay with me.
>>
>>3020167
you should have experienced terranigma or lufia 2 aswell
those were gems too
>>
>>3020167
>EOP
>Played only a fraction of SNES RPGs
>I played all the good shit on super nintendo

Fuck off
>>
>>3020167
>didn't play Chrono Trigger
come on son

>>3020307
>lufia 2
Solid game. Woild make my top 5 SNES RPGs.
>terranigma
An entire continent of hundreds of millions of people didn't get to experience this game, for whatever bullshit. It's understandable that he may not have played it back then.
>>
>>3019978

If it was multiplayer then maybe. That was the whole joy of mana you dumbshit.

4/10 got me to reply.
>>
>>3019978
>USA! USA! USA! USA!
>>
>>3020459

The US branch of Enix went bankrupt right before Terranigma was set to release.
>>
>>3020449
Everything worthwhile has been translated. Name a good one that wasn't.
>>
I preferred SoE because for some reason I identified strongly with the MC even though he was just some smartass kid from some random town who got stuck in an alternate world.

But I totally understand why some people might like SoM better.
>>
>>3019978
>thinking SOE is anything but shit
There's a reason they only made one, fàm.
>>
>>3020078
It's just trolling
>>
>>3020651
This is bait, but okay.

>Super Shell Monsters Story's sequel
>Glory of Heracles 4
>Keeper
>Super Famicom Wars, in progress
>the last Super Bomberman game
>SNES Goemon games
>Heisei Shin Onigashima is actually impossible to translate due to vertical writing
>A whole slew of PS1 stuff

inb4 all of these sare shit because opinions
>>
>>3020459
>>3020307
>>3020449

I did play Chrono trigger. completely forgot about it. I'd probably put it #5 if I think back to 1995. Probably be #4 now.

Back in 1995 I wasn't all that impressed with chrono trigger. It was all right, but didn't really surpass ff2 or ff3, which I hoped it would. Wasn't that it was such a bad game but I had unrealistically high expectations for it and it didn't meet them.

Terranigma wasn't released here back then or i would have played it.
>>
>>3021327
I genuinely like it better, but I don't think other people are wrong for disagreeing.
>>
>>3019978
I honestly didn't even know Secret Of Mana existed until the internet and it's still on my to play list.

I did play this as a kid and thought it was fucking awesome. I still do. That Nintendo Power map of the market was fucking gold too. I used it to plan my shopping carefully to get all that sweet sweet armor.
>>
>>3022210
>Super Bomberman
>Being this gay

Come on fag. I must have played at least 2 or 3 bomberman games in japanese without understanding a god damn word and you'd never see me do that anywhere else.

All you need to know it which buttons drops the bomb and how to move. There's almost no point in translating that shit.
>>
File: 2016-02-25 22.31.33.jpg (715 KB, 1709x2924) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-25 22.31.33.jpg
715 KB, 1709x2924
>not having both of them factory sealed and sitting on your shelf, unable to play and simply collecting dust.
>>
File: image.jpg (177 KB, 859x875) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177 KB, 859x875
>>3023440
>so jelly
>>
>>3020069
>>3020078
Funny because it blows my mind that people think Mana is better than Evermore.
>>
>>3019978

I like SoM, but it's generic and kind of boring. SoE is something really special, though. It has a really wonderful mood and aesthetic.
>>
>>3025194

DID YOU ARIKE IT
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.