[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOTHIC 1&2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 17
File: 09b0611afb824a40.jpg (150 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
09b0611afb824a40.jpg
150 KB, 1280x1024
Gothic 1 and 2! not 3 fuck 3 and especially 4
>>
Gothic 2 may have improved on several things, but I think the inventory system was a little better in Gothic 1 than it was in 2. I also feel that it is a lot more pleasant to buy and sell things in 1 because you can trade meat and drinks and stuff for other things instead of doing the same old sell-things-for-cash-and-buy-things-you-want-for-cash. It really added to the feel that you were in a massive prison where items were slightly scarce and merchants didn't have unlimited money on them.
>>
HEYYYYY MAAAAN
you want to buy something?
>>
UUUUUUUUUUUH

I think I've found something...
>>
Thanks for the gold you hero
>>
EQUORIATH THORON

APPEAR TO ME QUARHODRON

ANCIENT LEADER OF THE WARRIORS CAST
>>
Dann hau ich dir volles Pfund auf's Maul!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws7hiLOBdoY
>>
>>3019537
verpiss dich!
>>
So, how's the L'hiver mod for Gothic 2?
I've heard it's kind of unstable.
>>
I remember when it came out in 2001
A german pc gaming magazine:

Pro : Old school RPG
Cons: Old school RPG
>>
I really wanted to like Gothic, but couldn't stand the battle system where your attacks deal damage to only one enemy your character is focused on while the rest rapes you in seconds.
>>
>>3019813
Yeah, a single Morrowind general wouldn't hurt I guess.
>>
Should I give this game another chance?
I dropped it after I couldn't figure out how to climb a fucking ladder. The constant crashes didn't help either.
>>
>>3019892
Get the unofficial patch. Also if you uncap the FPS it fucks with platforming and makes the game impossible to beat. To pick up stuff I think you press CTRL + up but it's been a while.
>>
>>3019790
Yeah, Gothic's melee pretty much sucks, playing as a mage is much better, the only redeeming trait of Gothic 3 is that it's one of the best CRPG to play if you want to feel like a badass sorcerer, to this day I think only Dragon's Dogma can compare in terms of awesomeness.
Also, I tried to install the L'hiver mod for Gothic 2 but I must have messed up something since the game doesn't even start, I'll try again tomorrow and see what I fucked up, it looks promising in terms of graphics.
>>
>>3020265
>System Shock 2 is retro
>Dues Ex isn't
>>
>>3020289
>to this day I think only Dragon's Dogma can compare in terms of awesomeness.

I just thought the same, DD it's not really similar but somehow feels a little like Gothic. Elder Scrolls doesn't even compare.
What were doing those crazy germans before Gothic? There isn't any actual retro game with some Gothic-like feel?
>>
>>3020353
>DD it's not really similar but somehow feels a little like Gothic.

I know right? Though DD has the advantage of also having actually good melee, which is not a small plus. But still, Gothic always had this feeling of being a powerful sorcerer, it's not just farting a few magic missiles and fireballs like most other games, which is one of my biggest gripes with the Soul series, magic is really underwhelming in there and I love playing as a mage in RPGs, kinda sad that Gothic got mages right in 2001 and only a few games followed the example since then, hard to find a game where you could summon, transform into monsters and unleash apocalyptic rains of fire or thunderstorms.

Maybe the only bad thing about magic in Gothic is that once you get it going it vastly outclasses every other approach the game has to offer, which is pretty bad in retrospect, that and the fact that for some unknown reason the devs thought that making the games bullshit hard in the beginning but not balancing the later chapters was a good idea, what's the point of crawling through the first two chapters when you become an unstoppable rapetrain after those, looking at you NoTR.
>>
>>3020441
I actually like being a little shit at the beginning and a god at the end, feels like your character progressed. But probably what i like the most it's the little moments when you kill two rats at once for the first time, or when you kill your first orc.
>>
>>3020450
>But probably what i like the most it's the little moments when you kill two rats at once for the first time, or when you kill your first orc.

Oh yeah, that is priceless, especially after all the shit you get in the early game.

Though I also like that in a way, like when you explore and get in places you're not really supposed to be and trigger all those dickass traps, like going into the forests in Gothic and meeting your first Shadow Beast or finding Inubis' tomb and getting surprise skeleton rape in NoTR, I really can't get mad at stuff like that, it just puts a big smile on my face for some reason.
>>
Morrowind > Gothic to be honest
>>
>>3021783
>>3021785

Gothic it's much better but you are right about the incoherent application of rules, just please don't turn this into another drama.
>>
>>3021783
>>3021785
Brorrowind is a fun game but Gothic is much better, well, Morrowind does look a lot better than Gothic 1 and 2 though.
Also, I just realized I've been talking about the L'hiver patch but didn't post a video link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w723Bb-dGdI
>>
The game would be great if the melee didn't blow complete fuckin ass. Particularly 3, holy shit I threw my mouse at the wall playing it.
>>
>>3021806
>>3021812
Not trying to start a drama here, but please. Gothic games are clunky messes set in a bland world and have way less roleplaying abilities.
>>
>>3021954
>Not trying to start a drama here
>But I'm going to anyway

Kid, relax.
>>
>>3021961
>I have no arguments, let's call her a kid. Hmmm yes, that will shut her up ;)
>>
>>3021964
Must be nice to have so much free time to shitpost on a retro videogame board.
>>
>>3021969
Lol not that anon but what are you doing right now? If you truly think it's shit posting then why respond?
>>
>>3021954
>clunky mess
disagree.
>bland world
strongly disagree! gothic is really atmospheric and contains some of the funniest characters and moments of any rpg for me.
>>
>>3021979
>what are you doing right now?
Tea break.
And you're right, I shouldn't have responded to that, I've got a bit of a headache and I'm pretty pissed off for work reasons so I let myself go for a second.

In any case, once I get home I'll try to reinstall the mod once again.
>>3021984
>and contains some of the funniest characters and moments of any rpg for me.
True that, Greg is probably my favorite CRPG pirate, the games do have a few oddballs that are quite endearing.
>>
>>3021954
I disagree completely. If anything Gothic is better for roleplaying because the world actually reacts to you in some way even if it is limited while NPCs only serve to give you quests and exposition in Morrowind.
>>
>>3022968
>Gothic is better for roleplaying because the world actually reacts to you in some way even if it is limited
This, at least NPCs in Gothic don't just stand there and talk to you when you approach them, they get mad when they see you in their house or you steal their stuff, they show hostility if you draw your weapons near them and attack you on sight if you maim their buddies, not to mention the whole system they put in Gothic 2 so they can report you to authorities if they witness you committing a crime, AND you can still bribe them or erase their memory with a certain spell, I can't do anything like this in Morrowind, sure, I get more main quest endings than Gothic, but the actual, raw roleplay is much better in Gothic.
>>
I feel like I'll be murdered for this, but let's give it a go. Forgive my ignorance.

If I enjoy Morrowind what are the odds I'll enjoy Gothic 1/2?
>>
>>3023906
>what are the odds I'll enjoy Gothic 1/2?
Gothic is an oddball series, you either love it or hate it.

As a fan of the series I'll be very honest with you, for a lot of things it's mediocre to bad.
The melee combat is vastly garbage and it actually got WORSE after gothic 2, the first 2 games have their problems but once you get used to it it's bearable, problem is, as>>3019790 says, you only damage the enemy you're locked on to while other ones are free to kill you in seconds, that's why many Gothic players always tell you to bait one enemy at a time, because even if you have endgame armors, more than 3 hostile NPCs or Monsters will usually rape you, especially in Gothic 2.

The graphics are so so, tons of atmosphere but the game per se doesn't look good, luckily people have made great mods for it if you can't stand the low poly models.

Controls are hard to get into, even though I personally didn't have many problems, but I'm admittedly part of the minority here.

The games are full of glitches so don't play them without the community patches, even then, the first Gothic has such incredible glitches and bugs it can be completed in literally 6 minutes by abusing them. Most of them are annoying, a few of them can be gamebreaking glitches, so look them up, people have made very accurate research on them and they're easy to avoid, luckily they also don't affect content so you can easily avoid them without losing anything.

The difficulty curve is bullshit, in the beginning you'll be raped by everything that moves but by the end you'll probably be unstoppable, some like this, some don't. Also, enemies don't scale with you like TES, if you go in a place you're not supposed to go you'll very probably die unless you know that place well enough to move around without being killed, which is a nice challenge in itself though since there are rewards for such efforts, such as loot.
>>
While the games do have a lot of choice and roleplaying the first 2 have definite endings instead of endings that reflect all the branching paths you took before, with the exception of Gothic 3 which WAS supposed to be open ended if the expansion didn't come out.

Most of the fanbase agrees on the fact that Gothic ended with 2 since 3 already changed a lot of things, some for the better though.
Gothic 4 doesn't exist, Arcania is NOT a Gothic game, ignore that garbage, it isn't even made by the same devs.

On the bright side though:

The world is very much alive, the NPC react dynamically to boh your actions and your choices in the world, being part of a certain faction makes them more hostile, in some cases they'll try to kill you on sight EVEN depending on which armor you're wearing, especially in Gothic 2. The world is full on fince mechanics you'l have to know, if you get caught stealing they'll beat the shit outta you, loot YOU, AND report you to authorities afterwards, so if you wanna become a thief or work as an assassin you'll have to be VERY careful, which is great since you'll need to act like one, you'll have to learn how to sneak around, pickpocket and pick locks, and picking locks is also a manual process there, kinda like Thief.

The worlds are pretty big, Gothic is not too big, but Gothic 2 is very big and Gothic 3 is bigger than Morrowind.

The character customization allows you to mix and match proficencies with a certain degree of freedom, since to learn abilities like swordfighting, magic or upping stats require points you'll only receive by levelling up, you can also learn a lot of other neat stuff like forging your own weapons, skinning or removing horns, teeth and hearts from monsters which you can either sell or use to create items, it's really fun in terms of roleplaying since you're free to be a part of whichever faction in the game and still play like you want to, for instance being part of the Paladins but with a Thief/Blacksmith build.
>>
The game also greatly rewards exploration since there's a lot of neat stuff, quests and dungeons you'll never find if you just stick to the main story and the big cities.

When it comes to quests you're given a very ample choice in terms of approach and outcomes, when it comes to certain quests there are even really remote possibilities to complete them that aren't even actually listed in your diaries or dialogue choices.
For instance, in Gothic 2 you'll be "forced" to enter a city in the beginning but there's really 5 or 6 different ways of doing that, by either bribing the guards, posing as a farmer, getting a pass and so on...

Magic is awesome in Gothic, like really, you can do anything, from ye olde Fireballs to telekynesis used to move(or steal) items, morphing into monsters, summoning demons or an army of skellies if you feel like being behind 7000 skeletons, unleashing literal rains of fire in the middle of a city and so on, while melee sucks magic is REALLY good in Gothic and tons of fun.

There's a really high number of quests, and all the different approaches and outcomes make up for great replay value and challenge, not to mention that depending on your faction you'll also get other quests or other ways to complete quests, being part of a certain faction also influences the NPC behaviour with your character.

One last fun thing is that Gothic is kind of a climbing simulator, you can go quite literally everywhere, you know the old meme "You see that mountain over there? you can climb it!", well Gothic is literally that, not even joking, you can even climb where you aren't "supposed to", the devs themselves also put an in game joke for that in Gothic 2, of course you should also know where to climb since certain terrains will make you slide to your death since fall damage, while generally avoided with a glitch, is pretty unforgiving and frequent.

tl;dr: Give them a chance, they're odd at first but if you get into them they're a blast.
>>
File: Gothic1OldCamp02.jpg (123 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Gothic1OldCamp02.jpg
123 KB, 1024x768
Smoke swampweed everyday.
>>
Gothic (1&2) is the reason why I could never get into Morrowind & the popamole garbage that came after that (Oblivion & Skyrimjob).

Gothic is just too much better than the TES 3D games for me.
>>
>>3023954
Go to bed Fortuno.
>>
Why does literally no one know that you can get the best crossbow in the game in chapter 1?

I'm not talking about the Heavy Crossbow off Jackal.

I'm talking about the Crossbow of War.

You can get it in Chapter 1.
>>
>>3024112
Well? How do you get it?
>>
>>3024112
Same reason why no one talks about getting the Dragon Slicer or the Ogre Slayer or Master Sword in chapter 1 in Gothic 2.
>>
>>3024112
>Why does literally no one know that you can get the best crossbow in the game in chapter 1?
Probably because we ignore that info since crossbows suck. You can get a pretty good bow (that takes very little dex) and a super nice mace (that takes almost no stregth) in chapter 1, and those two are much more useful since it allows you to keep your skill points until you really decided what you want to do with them (or they're also perfect for mages).
>>
>>3023954
Really only bad thing about Gothic 1 is how they streamline the factions after Chapter 3.

Like no matter whom you joined, the Weed Camp is pretty much dead because of their god being fake, so the Darkie just tells you "ye boi, do whatever dem blue guys tells you to or I dunno" and the Old Camp will turn on you after they kill all the Feuermagier, so you have to work for the Mercs/Water Mages.

Now, it's true that you stab them in the back too, two chapters later, but still.

Gothic 2 did this better for sure at least, since you can stick with any of your three factions forever.
>>
>>3024126
But that's exactly what makes Gothic 1 great. You've got some real drama going on.
>>
>>3024126
>Now, it's true that you stab them in the back too

SATURAS BTFO
>>
>>3024137
No? Like the linearity after Chapter 4 (no more optional quests, just a main quest that you always have to do the same way, hell you even *have* to become a Water Mage or at least a Necromancer for better armor unless you wanna get stuck in your old Tier 2-Heavy armor until you get Rune Armor) is pretty much the biggest downside that Gothic 1 has compared to Gothic 2. If it didn't have that, I'd say G1 was maybe even the better game (than G2, not G2 with NotR).
>>
>>3024118
You must be a shitty player because anyone worth their salt would get 55 strength (5 free points from that rice-picking retard) and use Raven's Right regardless of what path you choose.

>using a shitty mace that has 90/100 range, when Raven's Right has 130 range

LMAO
>>
>>3024149
You're in prison and your gang got disbanded and now you became somebody else's bitch. The Gothic games have always had a focus on the politics and a twist that big was pretty awesome to me at least and something I felt the following games were lacking.
>>
>>3024118
Are you dumb? What if you're going for a ranged character or a pure warrior who will never put a single point into magic and mana? The fucking else will you put points into?

Crossbows own Bows, retard.

Crossbows have double the critical rate of bows.
>>
>>3024163
>You must be a shitty player because anyone worth their salt would get 55 strength

Thanks for proving my point.

>55 strength in chapter 1
Kek, nice gimmick build you got there.

The hammer (which also takes some gameplay skill to get) deals more damage per str point BY FAR.
>>
>>3024168
I'd much rather have some useful quality of life skills (skinning, lockpicking, acrobatics) in Chapter 1 than some overhyped and ultimately useless gimmick crossbow.

Also, Crossbows need DEXTERITY in Gothic 1, they only changed it to strength in Gothic 2.
>>
>>3024170
>gimmick build
LOL says the doofus who uses gimmick cheese tactics to get the orc hammer

>deals more damage per str point BY FAR
Who fucking cares?? You're going to use Raven's Might eventually anyway. Are you going to save up 100+ points by the time you become a shitty mage?
>>
>>3024163
>anyone worth their salt would get 55 strength

Anyone worth their salt would avoid melee because it's abysmal compared to magic or ranged and put everything into Mana/Dex, plus bows are faster than crossbows so whatever extra damage you can get by one shot of a crossbow a bow user would have already shot two arrows for higher damage.
Also this>>3024176, and don't forget, ranged is useless against NPCs because it kills them right away and that is a big problem, especially in Gothic 1.
>>
>>3024181
>You're going to use Raven's Might eventually anyway.
No? Why would I bother when I can instead kill everything with the final level magic rune?
>>
>>3024176
>Also, Crossbows need DEXTERITY in Gothic 1, they only changed it to strength in Gothic 2.
So? What's your fucking point? We're talking about Gothic 1 here. As long as you don't become a mage you have tons and tons of points to put into crossbow mastery and dexterity.

>skinning, lockpicking, acrobatics
>useful
You're the one who gets the orc hammer in chapter 1 using preexisting knowledge so shut up hypocrite LOL
>>
>>3024182
Are you insane? This is Gothic 1, you retard. Melee is fucking king in Gothic 1. Bows are like 5% faster than crossbows. Irrelevant. 2 shots per 1 crossbow shot my fucking ass. You lost all credibility when you said melee is abysmal. Melee is fucking KING in gothic 1

>>3024186
>can instead kill everything with the final level magic rune

IDIOT! You get to use the final magic rune for the last 15 minutes of the game LMAO!!!!!!!!!
>>
anyway, i have to go to work now. I'll be back to own you newbs some more in a few hours.
>>
>>3024190
>Melee is fucking KING in gothic 1

My mage could literally kill you before you even get to range to even throw a single swing.
>>
>>3024195
Hide and report, he's just looking to stir shit up, no sane person would say that melee is better than magic when Ice Block/Ice wave/Pyromancy exists.
>>
>>3024187
>MOOOMMMMM THIS GUY ON MY CHINESE CARTOON MESSAGE BOARD PLAYS GAMES DIFFERENT FROM ME
>THATS OKAY HONEY. ILL BE UP SOON WITH YOUR HOT POCKETS DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW
>>
>>3024206
Come on man, don't make things worse than they already are, he's a moron but you're not going to make things better by feeding him.

I doubt he even played the game in the first place anyway since Scar's sword is the best weapon you can get in chapter 1 and the best 1-handed weapon in the whole game.

But then again
>Melee builds
>>
I wish I could use a morph into Scavenger scroll and use it to lose my virginity by boning a cute Scavenger lady.
>>
File: 1449290864745.jpg (27 KB, 387x480) Image search: [Google]
1449290864745.jpg
27 KB, 387x480
>>3024251
I can be your scavenger lady tonight if you want to play a game of pretend
>>
>>3024251
I'd rather bone a cute Snapper lady.
>>
>>3023851
Morrowind only has one ending though.
>>
>>3024195
Gothic isn't a PvP game. What you said is irrelevant, dummy.

>>3024196
Are you dense? Melee is a necessity even if you are a mage for a good chunk of the game.

>>3024206
nice shitposting, retard

>>3024212
No shit Scar's sword is the best. Do you honestly think I don't know that when I revealed information like Range and Damage about specific weapons? But I mentioned Raven's Right because the guy I was replying to was talking about conserving skill points for his gimmicky pure mage build
>>
So can we all agree that the classes that give the best experience are:

Gothic 1
1) Shadow->Fire Mage (->Water Mage->Necromancer goes without saying for everyone)
>literally the second person in the colony's history to achieve impressing the Fire Mages, how cool is that, also you get to have the pure wizard experience

2) Bandit->Mercenary
>bandit sucks but at least when you're a mercenary, you're fighting for the good goys

3) Novice->Templar
>becoming a Novice has actually the best quests of all the "entry" quests in the game, but it just sucks how you will never become fully "part of the camp" (they still treat you as an outsider in the main quests involving them) and you don't even shave your head for some reason

4) Shadow->Guard
>literally shit, has almost no positive points

Gothic 2
1) Novice->Fire Mage
>by far the best entry quests and the huge "power gap" your character gets (as in, in terms of his in-universe position) when you're a Fire Mage in Chapter 1 already is super nice to see (i.e. when the guards "dare" to stop you from going into the upper city quarter)

2) Mercenary->Dragon Hunter
>sure, they might suck the most gameplay wise (the Paladin line is better for melee oriented characters because they always get better armor), and you get very few good perks out of it, but gotta stick with your old Prison buddies over those uppity cunts from Khorinis

3) Militia->Knight/Paladin
>easiest class to play overall, their entry quest (becoming someone's apprentice) helps you in the long run, motivates you to try those things as a new player, best armor, etc. - but they just can't compete with Lee and his boys thematically
>>
>>3021785
Morrowind is a fucking dead world.
>>
Are the original German versions best?
>>
>>3029170
Not really, you can easily add the nipples back just by deleting one file in Gothic.
>>
>>3029371
Nipples? I just want authentic voice acting. It could also help me learn German.
>>
>>3029170
I haven't played the english versions but yes, the german voice acting is awesome.
The dry delivery of some of the hilarious lines is a pretty big part of Gothic's charm for me.
>>
>>3029170
Original version is always the best version.
>>
>>3018031
Reminds me of Hatsune Miku, the way he's posing as if he's about to cheerfully punch the camera because the cameraman caught him with his pants and panties down, when he wanted to just pull down his pants.
>>
>>3029813
Dude
>>
File: j6PUc.jpg (27 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
j6PUc.jpg
27 KB, 600x450
>>3029813
>>
>>3029432
The English voice-acting is easily superior to the German one, especially Raven and Scar.

t. professional voice actor
>>
>>3029835
What?

I'm just saying, it's literally what I'm seeing whenever I click on this thread and see the OP.

>>3029873
I agree with this 100%.

t. someone who speaks both German and English
>>
Every now and then, the word "TETRIANDOCH" comes to my mind, out of nowhere and I google it and I realize that I got it from Gothic.
>>
>>3024112

Well, how do you get it you filthy Cambodian
>>
Where is the church?
>>
>>3031317
What church?
I can only think of the chapels in Gothic 2
.>>3029873
>The English voice-acting is easily superior to the German one
It depends really, some characters, like Lares, Thorus/Gorn are better in English, others, Like Xardas or Lee are better in German, at least that's my opinion, NH is also generally better in German unless you want to have a laugh at the english VA constant misappropriate tone of voice, which is great stuff if you're into that kind of Wand of Gamelon dubbing.
>>
>>3031647
Scar's voice-acting is a work of art. You're just a simpleton.
>>
>>3032281
I literally don't even remember Scar, much less his voice acting. What was so special about it? Hell even the character wasn't special at all, why would you remember that loser.
>>
>>3032281
>You're just a simpleton.
I want mine barons to leave.
>>3032293
>why would you remember that loser.
I remember his sword pretty well.
>>
So we can all agree Adanos >> Beliar > Innos
?
>>
>>3032293
Scar's voice is probably the best example of voice-acting in gaming history. Raven is a close second.
>>
best voice acting is NIE OBCHODZI MNIE KIM JESTES, JESTES TU NOWY, A MOIM ZADANIEM JEST DBANIE O NOWYCH
>>
>>3032848
This is a unfunny joke yes?
>>
>>3032824
Beliar>Innos>Adanos

Beliar gives me a shitload of money
Innos gives me stat boosts
Adanos gives me random stuff or nothing at all

They all a shit anyway.
>>
>>3033829
But Adanos has the coolest spells from start, Beliar second coolest, and Innos has just shitty fire spells and healing.
>>
>>3033938
>But Adanos has the coolest spells from start

You can't summon demons, golems or armies of skellies with Adanos, so no.
Ice Block/Wave are definitely OP though.
Also fuck you Rain of Fire is the best looking attack spell.
>>
>>3033939
>caring about looks
Misogynist.
>>
>playing Gothic 1
>having time of my life as usual
>Orc Temple
>crash
>reload
>crash
>reload
>crash
>reload
>crash
>reload
>"Fuck this."
>stop playing

Every time. Someday I'll see what's past that temple.
>>
File: G1-MW-unique walking.jpg (65 KB, 800x627) Image search: [Google]
G1-MW-unique walking.jpg
65 KB, 800x627
>>3021785
different games
>>
>>3034038
Somehow Gothic feels more like a real place and Morrowind like a regular videogame.
>>
>>3034040
Mainly because Gothic always had better NPC scripts and general mechanics than TES, which NPCs are basically either shop proxies or info dumpers while Gothic has NPCs that all serve a certain role and have definite routines, questlines and behaviour that changes depending on you interactions with the world.
I mean, I really like Daggerfall and to a lesser extent Morrowind, but the NPCs are insignificant compared to Gothic's NPCs, and generally the world too, Gothic also had that awesome trading system so you don't need the game's currency to buy stuff, which is great and adds to the world since you're not supposed to have your hands full of ore.
>>
>>3034050
yea this,
morrowind's npcs felt like better signposts, gothic's nps felt like they are doing a vital job in the game. also some of them become your best bros, or most hated enemies.
morrowind has more variety in settings and probably the better lore though, if one bothers to read a shit load of books in a vidya.
>>
>>3034050
Gothic NPC's are obviously better but i was talking more about the place itself. I don't know how explain it but in Gothic, specially in 2, a forest looks like an actual forest. Maybe it's the illumination or the terrain irregularities.
>>
Morrowind does not have Mud.
>>
>>3034060
Yeah, TES in general also has a better stat system than Gothic, which is HP/MP/STR/DEX, the growth system is better too for me, but Gothic has just a better core roleplaying system.
>>3034078
>n Gothic, specially in 2, a forest looks like an actual forest. Maybe it's the illumination or the terrain irregularities.
I see what you mean, it's just that the maps are really well done, especially all those hidden tunnels, caves, small graveyards and rivers. Gothic maps are really cleverly designed, even Jarkhendar which kinda blows compared to the standard maps still has a very good design, that's another reason why I can't like Gothic 3 like the others, the map, while big, is all over the place in terms of design, chests in the middle of fucking nowhere all the time, small hamlets in the middle of fucking nowhere...I don't now, it just feels very weak even compared to Jarkhendar where you have a swamp, a desert, a jungle. and caves in a small island.
>>3034080
Gothic 2 feels empty without Mud, best NPC ever.
>>
File: numbers.jpg (45 KB, 800x627) Image search: [Google]
numbers.jpg
45 KB, 800x627
>>3034080
Morrowind is horrible.

Hmm, let's see.

Is it
1 New Camp
2 Old Mine
3 Cloister Ruins / Troll Valley?
4 Old Camp
5 Swamp Camp
6 New Mine
7 Orc Town
8 Xardas's Tower
9 Harpy Fortress / Orc Graveyard

Am I right?
>>
>>3034610
The latter part of the post is meant for >>3034038 obviously.
>>
>>3020441
It feels just right.
Hell, I had to go back to the old camp from within dungeons a couple of times to buy fireball scrolls on G1 because my firebolt farts didn't hurt the tough guys.
Then you get to the third circle and it's all smooth as butter from there.
Sometimes I felt like it was badly "tuned" because of those invincible enemies but somehow it adds to the feeling.
Also fist of wind is OP as fuck, running circles around zombies while casting it and sipping mana is pricelesss, too bad you don't get exp if you kill them with the fall damage.
>>
Water mage or fire mage in G1?
>>
>>3035361
>because my firebolt farts didn't hurt the tough guys.
The problem with Magic in the first chapters of the games, and in general really, is that the damage is fixed, unlike melee or ranged where the game adds your STR/DEX to your weapon's attack value and then subtracts the enemy defense ratings to calculate damage, meaning the more STR and DEX you have the more damage you do over time.
But Magic causes fixed damage, that's why spell scrolls are bullshit strong in the beginning and outclasses mostly everything until you get to around level 8-10 where you finally get both melee and ranged going, and that's also why first and second circle spells become useless after the second chapters, because the enemy's magic defense ratings are higher than the damage caused by Fire Arrow and the likes so all of those cause exactly 0 damage since their attack value is inferior to the magic defense value of your targets, unless you're fighting scavengers or molerats.
On the other hand, you can still get yourself a morph scroll and powerlevel the shit out of your mage by going around and wiping out mooks and the likes, that was a huge oversight, or planned trick, in NoTR when you're given a Dragon Snapper scroll in the first chapter, use that and you can obliterate literally everything the game has to offer at that point except a few immortal NPCs, that and the fact that you'll miss out on getting skins and drops, but even going around and killing all the undeads/Molerats/Bloodflies/Snappers and goblins can net you something like 6 levels for free.
>>
>>3035568
Doesn't matter. You'll end up the same thing.
>>
>>3018031
3's not that bad, and how fucking dare you even mention "4" you scum
>>
>>3035568
Fire Mage is better if you actually want to be good at being a mage. Water Mage comes too late in G1, so most fighting game characters don't end up using much of the magic. If I remember correctly, the first time I didn't even become a water magician for anything more than getting the better armor.
>>
If you're a fire mage then you turn into water mage how come water mages have a far better armor?
What if you weren't a fire mage in the first place is the water robe always the same? Do water mages add you to their ranks earlier in the story if you choose New Camp?
>>
>>3038716
>how come water mages have a far better armor?
Because Adanos something something, balance something something.
>What if you weren't a fire mage in the first place is the water robe always the same?
Yes
>Do water mages add you to their ranks earlier in the story if you choose New Camp?
HAHAHAHAHA no.
Water mages are as dickish and snob as Fire mages, so don't think you're getting in the kool seekrit club, they're arrogant cunts jus as much as fire mages, Riordan and Myxir are cool though.
The only reasonable mage is Xardas.
>>
>>3038716
In Gothic 1, the armors are just streamlined that "the later it comes, the better it is".

You simply cannot become a Water Mages until relatively late into the game, so it's a "promotion" for both Old and New Camp, if I remember correctly (only Swamp Camp can't change until Necromancer?).

It doesn't really make sense that the Water Mage armor is better than the heaviest Merc armor, but it comes later in the game == it's better. And Necromancer's armor is the best, other than the Rune Armor (and I think it may even be better in Magic resistance than Rune Armor).
>>
>>3039378
>The only reasonable mage is Xardas.
Vatras was pretty cool too, especially for a dindu.
>>
>>3039385
But Vatras only comes in Gothic 2.
In the first one you'll have to pass through "holy shit I must be a genius" Saturas, and good luck with that prick.

Actually, most Gothic 2 mages were kinda cool, except Serpentes, Karras and Pyrokar, and even Pyrokar was less of a prick if you choose to become a Fire Mage, Saturas is still an asshole until you get to Jarkhendar though.
>>
>>3039379
Just played and yeah Dark Arts is better in magic and fire resistance.
>>3039405
Did I miss something? Maybe it's because I made the change from fire to water but he just asked me to do all the hero shit and that's all.
Also what if you don't turn from fire to water how do the lines of dialogues talking about you being the chosen one that will merge ice and fire make sense?
>>
>>3039554
It's still too early for you to see how butthurt Saturas is over a certain thing you'll do, you'll see.

Besides, Xardas already told you how stupid the water mages' plan is, Saturas is pretty damn convinced that's the best plan ever, he doesn't even imagine what the hell's going on with Cor Khalom and all the rest, and when you meet him in Gothic 2 he's STILL butthurt about what you did.
>>
>>3039635
Saturas is the Mugabe of Mages.
>>
>>3040002
Yeah, more or less, it doesn't help that the game kinda makes you think that water mages are less elitist than fire mages since they allied themselves with thieves and mercs, then you try to talk to them about the ore and the plan to take down the barrier and they're turbocunts, especially Cronos and Saturas.
>>
>>3040770
Can you actually kill them after the "ceiling Saturas is watching you masturbating" cutscene?

I guess most people just teleport away but what if you don't? You don't have to right?
>>
>>3040853
It's been a while since I played the first Gothic but I think all NPCs but Xardas get their invincibility script off once you reach the Orc citadel in the last chapter but I might be wrong.

Gomez sure as hell does and I don't remember other immortal NPCs, maybe Gorn, Diego and Milton are as well due to plot reason, but I think you can kill Saturas, pretty hard to do against someone who spams Ice Block/Ice Wave but it shouldn't be too hard if you summon minions to keep them busy.
>You don't have to right?
It's extremely difficult to fight in the ore chamber because the water mages all come together and begin to cast Ice Block and Ice Wave en masse, worst thing is that Ice Wave will hit you every time because there's simply not enough space to dodge, you can try though.
>>
>>3040853
>>3040861
After charging Uriziel, none of the watermages are invincible anymore
>>
File: me taking pictures of miku.gif (3 MB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
me taking pictures of miku.gif
3 MB, 816x612
>>3029813

This?
>>
>>3041319
Cannot unsee.
>>
>>3041319
I NUTTED
>>
I reached the hall of the sleeper and I am to face cor kalom

the problem is that the faggot old man just locks me in with his faggot pyrokynesis spell and I can't do shit (he can't damage me since my fire resistance is too high for pyrokinesis). I manage to land a hit with my sword on him but since i am a mage I deal no damage.

So here we are, in an eternal impasse
pls help
>>
>>3042116
I am going to add, I have 89 str and was using Scar's sword which deals like 70 damage. I managed to switch to the Troll Fist axe (100 damage) and even them i am dealing no damage

what the shier
>>
>>3042127
I played a pure warrior who put everything into Strength and had over 170 strength from potions and rings alone and I couldn't hurt Cor Kalom with any weapon other than URIZIEL.

That fight is terribly designed anyway.
>>
>>3042208
Doesn't Uriziel deal magic and fire damage, which doesn't scale off str though?

Anyways i managed to beat him by getting out of his sight before he could stunlock me. When he came to find me i just froze his ass with iceblock and killed him with the wave of death (the uriziel rune). Then i proceeded to stab the hearts while running from the demons because surely as fuck i wouldn't be able to beat them

I have to say that mage in G1 is really frustrating because your spell animations get interrupted constantly. At least in G2 you have summoning runes so you can make your summons take the hits for you
>>
>>3042216
Mage in G1 is only good for ice block and ice wave. When it comes to damage, crossbows rape spells for free. The thing is that you can get free ice blocks in chapter 1 by getting the ice golem heart. And by the time you have to give up the ice golem heart you'll be strong enough to not need to freeze enemies anymore, or you can just use scrolls.
>>
>>3042216
>Doesn't Uriziel deal magic and fire damage, which doesn't scale off str though?
Yeah, but for some reason, nothing else could hurt that asshole. I realized I'm much better off using the sword from Gomez when fighting anything else, but for some reason, all the end-game enemies were immune to non-URIZIEL weapons.

Fucking hell, I wish I could just swing ULUMULU the whole game.
>>
The only thing that sucks bout Gothic is that there are so few hoes in the game. All three of them actually.
>>
>>3043354
Immortal hoes, not even Uriziel can kill them.

Hoes2stronk nerf pls.
>>
>>3043317
> all the end-game enemies were immune to non-URIZIEL weapons

because they have a retarded-high resistance to normal weapons and arrows (and i'm talking 9999 resistance here) but normal resistance to magic and fire, which is usually very low on all enemies
>>
>>3042216
Nigga how did you have issues if you have the rune I just went there and used it and he was dead, also had to do it several times since the fight bugged out twice with those stupid hearts.
>>
>>3042271
I dunno I always found enemies who deal pretty good damage despite having the best armors so I used storm of fire into Lightning Ball the majority of the times and icewave only on big groups.
Icewave is great but since you wanna start a fight with the upperhand and icewave has range/timing/targeting issues (uneven terrain fucks it up) I used those other nukes.
By the end though ball of lightning was a joke but it's a good mid/late game crowd control/nuke multipurpose.
The thing is I felt like most of the spells could have been far better, like all the 1st circle bolts are a complete joke from the get go and I had to get back in town several times to buy fireball scrolls since I couldn't even HURT some enemies with those.
Also you get breath of death inside the temple but it's a complete turd from what I could test (also stupid idea to give you that spell only at the end of the game where barely any enemies are left).
I've read about Death Ripple but couldn't find it and Rain of FIre was shit.
The wind ones are kinda cool and give you some control but they're also very moody since some enemy always manages to squish in anyway.
All in all I had fun playing a Mage but you gotta be patient especially at the start
Also how do you deal with trolls without Shrink on a melee build? Did I possibly miss any GOOD hidden runes?
Sorry for the wall of text I just finished the game and wanted to talk about what I felt about magic.
>>
>>3040853
If you kill Saturas, he will still be in Gothic Zwei.
>>
>>3044654
Because Kalom just stunlocks you with pyrokinesis and you can't do shit
>>
>>3044719
>Also how do you deal with trolls without Shrink on a melee build?
nigga you just fucking hit them
like nigga use your sword
>>
>>3046370
I didn't try melee that's why I asked.
Thinking about how much they hurt and that possibly there's no stunlock was what made me wonder.
>>3046364
I just stood far enough, Ring of Death has great range.
>>
>>3046450
one-handed is better MUCH better for killing trolls (and everything else outside of Templars in the last 10 minutes of the game). because the best one-handed swords have 130 range (the same as Lee's Axe) except you're doing about 3 hits per 1 hit of 2-handed so you end up doing way more damage, and you're safer because enemies cannot interrupt you and will block/dodge much much much less.

one-handed >>>>>>> two-handed in every single way. except the last 5 minutes of the game when you face enemies that can only be physical-damaged with uzuriksdliel

Get Scar's sword and 100 strength and one-handed lvl 2. then just swing left/right over and over, letting the troll run into your swings, and you will have a dead troll. and you'll take 0 damage.
>>
>>3046364
When I played pure melee I had so many anti-fire trinkets that Cor Kalom did no damage to me and I just jumped to him painstakingly and we had a chess match of Swing-Pyrokinesis-Swing-Pyrokinesis until he croaked. Then I had to fight all of his lackeys at the same time.
>>
>>3046609
Are you the same Scar sword faggot from before?
>>
>>3047437
Nope, but it's common knowledge that Scar's sword is the best weapon in the game.
>>
>>3018031
lmao shut up purist trash, 3 doesn't hold a candle to it's predecessors but it still delivers on the setting and atmosphere with the mods and tweaks.

>>3018434
>the inventory system was a little better in Gothic 1 than it was in 2
That's just wrong. You call swapping every single item out of a chest with your arrow keys a better inventory system? It was abysmal in 1 to do anything in 1, let's not beat around the bush like it wasn't the setting and dialogue that actually set the tone and made the game here.
>>
>>3019790
> your attacks deal damage to only one enemy
That's only one way to fight your enemies.

>but couldn't stand the battle system
Sounds like you didn't know what you were doing.
Do you lock on and circle round in dark souls too?

>only one enemy your character is focused on
And there's your problem

>>3020289
> Gothic's melee pretty much sucks
No it doesn't, you can defeat any enemy with your fists if you know what you're doing, you guys are just lost.

>playing as a mage is much better
Ironically, playing a mage is much harder because you literally have to incorporate strategies you would use in melee AND figure out how to last long enough not to get your spell interrupted, all the while keeping in mind not to waste your mana for nothing.

>the only redeeming trait of Gothic 3 is that it's one of the best CRPG to play if you want to feel like a badass sorcerer
No it's not, magic in 3 is actually the worst mechanic in the series, and I don't just mean the overhaul of the circles and removal or runes.

>I think only Dragon's Dogma can compare in terms of awesomeness.
>goes on in the next post praising how complex it is
Lmao dude you're delusional, DD's combat is braindead by comparison. I actually shouldn't even have responded, you can't even install a mod. You can't even roll a good sorc build in a souls game, give up man.
>>
>>3047878
>>3047892
Came back for more, are you?
>>
Is it even possible to beat G2NR as a pure mage?
>>
>>3047910
Yes, but it would be pretty long and tedious and you'll miss out on a lot of quests and money by doing so, at least you'll do if you don't want to use anything but magic, and consider that a lot of quests require you to incapacitate a NPC, something that magic can't do.
>>
>>3023932
>The melee combat is vastly garbage
It's pretty satisfying when you can defeat a troll with your bare fists. It doesn't take much brains to fight more than one opponent at the time, I see this complaint all the time in the threads, it's just people being braindead and semi-trying to understand the combat but giving up mid way through because they can't think farther ahead from locking off an npc and locking onto another, or kiting more than 1 opponent at a time.

>many Gothic players always tell you to bait one enemy at a time
many players like you

>because even if you have endgame armors, more than 3 hostile NPCs or Monsters will usually rape you, especially in Gothic 2.
False, especially in Gothic 2. Listen I've seen your kind before you come into a new game, waste all your points on some dumb shit you don't even need, can't kite more one enemy on your screen and then complain you die in a few hits, can't understand the game mechanics properly. Some of you people have been playing these type of games for years and you still never learn.

>The graphics are so so, tons of atmosphere but the game per se doesn't look good
lmao stopped reading your dumb shit right there, visuals are really inconsequential to the enjoyment of this game, if you desperately need a game that's going to be two decades old in a few years to have good visuals in order to assess it's value as entertainment you really have to think about your life choices. Putting the mods is like the icing on the cake, it doesn't affect the intrinsic value of what makes gothic such an enjoyable experience.

I was going to reply further but you started whining like a little bitch
>waaaahhhh "the difficulty curve is bullshit".
lmao dude kill yourself
I'm not even baiting
>>
File: 1344073725517.gif (2 MB, 250x158) Image search: [Google]
1344073725517.gif
2 MB, 250x158
>>3024112
>>3024116
>>3024126
>>3024140
>>3024149
>>3024168
>>3032824
>>3034050
>>3034060
>>3034078
>>3034091
>>3046609
>only patrician posts in the thread

>>3018434
>>3019790
>>3020289
>>3020353
>>3020441
>>3021837
>>3024186
>>3021954
>>3023932
>>3023935
>>3023937
>>3033829
>>3033939
>>3035361
>Delusional retards tier

>>3024186
>Press X to Awesome
You're the reason rpgs are dead

>>3026435
>>3023954
>Hide WEED DEGENERATES posts tier

>>3024163
>>3024181
>>3024190
>best patrician posts so far
it was also probably the same fucking magic retard responding to you

Nevermind >>3024182
It was him.
Goddamn dude this guy is just so fucking sad it hurts
you can feel the seeping butthurt piling out of his rectum when he sees people manage to make the game work with melee by actually paying attention to the mechanics.
>>
Well, it was just a question of time before the /v/tards found out about the thread.
It has been fun, see you on the next one lads.
>>
>>3021785
>the worst Elder Scrolls game is better than the best Gothic game
No.
>>
>>3047878
I said "I think", as in, it was my personal opinion.
I just happen to like how the items are split up into categories in the inventory.
>>
>>3048119
Leave the poor sucker alone, he's just a shitposter.
>>
>>3047906
He's correct though, dipshit.
>>
>>3047932
>get quoted 3 times as patrician
>1 time as delusional retard
>1 time as "WEED DEGENERATE"

Impressive.
>>
>>3047932
I'm a delusional retard because I'm stating the truth that the melee is atrocious?
>>
>>3048480
no you're a literal retard who has never played Gothic 1 for more than 30 minutes. Melee owns everything in Gothic 1 and crossbows are just plain better at killing from a range than magic. being a mage is pointless because you can get Ice Block off of scrolls and golem heart.

you're thinking of Gothic 2 NOTR where melee was nerfed beyond recognition, and the most munchkin way of playing is playing a high-dexterity bowman paladin.
>>
>Minmaxing in fucking gothic games
who cares you are going to end up killing everything you see regardless
>>
>>3049373
>says that melee is atrocious

>gets proven wrong

>hurr doesn't matter how you play
>>
>>3049439
>Implying I even took part in your fuckfest faggot argument

nice assumptions faggot
>>
>>3049445
u mad?
>>
>>3049186
>Melee owns everything in Gothic 1
Everything owns everything in Gothic one because the skill point and stat gain is so absolutely broken you can max everything by the end of the game or reach endgame stats by chapter one if you know what you're doing, doesn't change the fact that compared to magic melee is clunky as fuck, shallow, boring and enemies still block the shit out of you so you're forced to bait them every time, something that will never happen with Ranged or Magic, but you just got butthurt and began shitposting that people here can't play the game because they said melee sucks.
>you're thinking of Gothic 2 NOTR where melee was nerfed beyond recognition

Everything was nerfed beyond recognition in NoTR, melee got the shortest stick because they also significantly upped enemies' STR so even faggots like Bullco or the storage guard in Khorinis can one shot you unless you're around level 25 with a good armor, in that case you can take 2 criticals before getting KOed instead of just one, DEX builds got nerfed because before you'll begin to hit things from a reasonable range AND do some damage you'll need around 80 DEX, a good bow and around 40-50% skill with bows, but at least you can pickpocket mostly everyone besides Pyrokar and a few others, so you can get a lot of money and some items for free, Magic is more reliable than bows since it always hits no matter what, but the Mana growth is abysmal and the spell cost is tremendously high, so on one hand things like Ice Block got even more important, but good luck if you want to cast magic from the 4th circle and beyond reliably even if you put everything into mana.
Not to mention, since stats are actually important now you'll need to invest into skills for reading Tablet and making stat potions, and that's from 30 to 70 points that go down the drain, so even playing a hypothetical pure mage build (and good luck with that), you'll get screwed up with mana.
No one wins in NoTR.
>>
>>3049797
>melee is clunky as fuck, shallow, boring and enemies still block the shit out of you so you're forced to bait them every time

Stop using two-handed.
>>
>>3049810
I never used Two handed besides my very first run in Gothic.

As much as I love the games, melee is fucking dull and boring, there's no variety at all, you can't break guards and the backstep is so infuriatingly OP that any enemy abuses the shit of it making melee battles take fucking forever unless you've driven your target to a wall or something because they'll backstep for years, you only have one combo of 4 hits max with terrible hitboxes so you'll be better off baiting for sideswings 90% of the times since the standard combo is only good to drive things to a wall due to that stupid backstep.

You want to fight without locking on? Good fucking luck with that since this time you'll be the one backstepping for years until you get enough HP to tank reliably, and in NoTR you can't even tank reliably so it's backstepping time all over again.

Mind you, it was still light years better than TES retarded melee, especially Daggerfall's, and basically any action CRPG of the time but it was and it's still boring, ill-designed garbage.
>>
>>3049797
>>3049819
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a75w9MXJq80
You just spent two paragraphs complaining about backstepping, a literal non-issue. You don't understand how the game engine works, what the stats actually do or how to even fight, so you found a crutch with magic and think it's now fine to just dismiss melee as something archaic, well come back when you can fist kill a troll.

I can't believe you're just this sad and delusional... you might be actually autistic dude. I stopped making videos because retards like you can't be assed to understand the mechanics at all and can't stop complaining instead of learning how to play properly.
>>
>>3049979
>>3049979
>You just spent two paragraphs complaining about backstepping, a literal non-issue.
And your video just proved my point that the only way to use melee is baiting and playing defensively instead of being free to play aggressively like any other game with good melee combat.
>it's now fine to just dismiss melee as something archaic
And your video proved it even more so, because you're so proud of chipping someone to death.
Again, my complaint is not that melee isn't viable, it's that it's shallow and boring.
>well come back when you can fist kill a troll.
I don't have time to hug a troll and run under his armpits to chip it to death for 10 minutes, it doesn't demonstrate anything besides YOUR level of autism, you tourettic slav, I'd rather cast a spell, kill it in 10 seconds and do something better with my life.
>>
>>3049989
I block and backstep because I used fists on level 0 you absolute mongoloid, are you retarded or just blind? I can play aggresively just fine with minimal equipment and stats, it's just so common sense that it never warranted a video????? Apparently it fucking isn't.

The point of the video is to show you can fight anything in the game at any level if you know what you're doign, and I linked it because you complained how you can't deal with npcs backstepping and made a huge bitch fit about it. I don't have to chip anyone if I have the proper stat distribution and any moderately decent weapon.

It's shallow and boring because you're dumb and don't know what you're doing, you want instant gratification, you think you're very clever to buy a shrinking scroll from Zuris and fight the troll that way. You're the reason RPGs died you little baby, because instead of understanding the game you want to be above it and cheat your way for instant gratification.

>complaining about not having time while discussing an rpg
Stay blown the fuck out faggot
>>
>>3049995
>I can play aggresively just fine with minimal equipment and stats
Sure, go into the old mines and try to kill all those orcs playing aggressively with minimal stats.
>you can fight anything in the game at any level if you know what you're doign
Sure, one on one. A pity that one on one is almost non existent, especially in 2. Keep being proud of your babby's first naked fight.
>I don't have to chip anyone if I have the proper stat distribution and any moderately decent weapon.
Woooaaah, stop right there buddha, I would have never imagined, you truly are enlightening me with such pearls of wisdom.
I still have to see you fighting off hordes of orcs or skeletons aggressively though, especially in NoTR, good luck with Inubis' tomb at low level.
>t's shallow and boring because you're dumb and don't know what you're doing
>you think you're very clever to buy a shrinking scroll from Zuris and fight the troll that way
So you're telling me I'm a dumbass who wants instant gratification to use a scroll made for the sole purpose of making the fight last 10 times less?
Are you seriously implying that circling around a troll and chipping it to death takes any amount of skill whatsoever?
Are you going to say that those who summon demons to steamroll dragons instead of grinding for STR or DEX are morons who want instant gratification?
You're literally insane, you think that grinding stats and being "good" at a laughably stupid melee system makes you a RPG genius.
I pity you and your evident inferiority complex.
>>
>>3050009
I have a video fighting the first 2 cave on 1 bandits, the same principle works on multiple opponents. What's the saying... git gud?

>Inubis' tomb at low level.
haha you just lost all credibility dude, if you honestly hold that as the hardest point in the game I feel sorry for you

>So you're telling me I'm a dumbass who wants instant gratification to use a scroll made for the sole purpose of making the fight last 10 times less
Yeah you're a dumbass
I kill the stone troll in less than 5 minutes on level 0 in a vid, it would take me even less with proper gear, you know why? Because I know how this game's combat works, you don't, you have to buy a scroll to deal with it and then cry muhhh 10 minutes muh shallow and boring lmao dude... you're just sad
>circling around a troll and chipping it to death
I fight a troll straight on right up in his face and get him down without ever circling him.
And that's why you're bad, like mentioned before in the thread, it's pretty ironic that you value magic, something that is intelligent and associated with wit and cleverness yet you can't think farther ahead than circling and chipping in terms of melee lmao

I don't need a demon to distract the npcs because I'm a huge pussy.

I never said I was an rpg genius, I only said that you are delusional, as in you think you understand how the game works but you don't, so you use crutches and tricks instead. And It doesn't bother what you think about me because you're not a good player.
>>
>>3049979
>that video
Whoever thinks that this is a legit way to play Gothic is an autist who needs a bullet to his head to put him out of his misery. Holy shit.
>>
>>3050042
And yet people climb on rocks, fire arrows on powerful npcs for a long time and think that's fine.

The purpose of the video was to show you can survive anything, anywhere in the game if you understand how the mechanics work. Because a lot of people, like that mongoloid, have complained that melee is impossible, boring, shallow, too hard, too grindy, bad against multiple opponents etc. If anything you're the autist for actually considering a full playthrough with fists only, they'd have to pay me for that shit.
>>
>>3050037
>if you honestly hold that as the hardest point in the game I feel sorry for you
I never said that.
>I kill the stone troll in less than 5 minutes on level 0 in a vid
And you can kill it in even less time with that fucking scroll, so who's the moron here? The one who uses the item made specifically for that fight and still has better results than the tryhard who thinks he showed anything by fighting the most laughable enemy in the whole game bar giant rats with punches?
>I fight a troll straight on right up in his face and get him down without ever circling him.
And what is so great about abusing invincibility frames on backsteps? Again, you're really trying hard to look good but you only end up looking as an autistic sorry cunt.
The game is not a one on one fight, those were never a problem and do not infringe the fact that melee is garbage.
>yet you can't think farther ahead than circling and chipping in terms of melee lmao
You're the one who forced your shitty autistic video, it goes without saying that sane people actually use weapons like they're supposed to.
>I don't need a demon to distract the npcs because I'm a huge pussy.
Freudian Lapsus much? Demons don'tvdistract NPCs, they obliterate them, any dragon can be killed by summoning Demons to take care of it, and that's actually the most intelligent way in the game since you don't even need to lift a finger or grind for stats, you just use that goddamn scroll and sit there and watch the demon BTFO dragons, you're saying that I'm a moron who doesn't understand combat when I know better than you that Demons are infinitely more convenient, if anything you keep demonstrating that melee can't hold a candle to Magic on a BASIC gameplay level, why should I ever need to memorize melee frames or bait enemies when I can just use Ice Block or wipe them out with Fire Rain?
You say I use tricks when I simply activate spells and nothing more, you're the one who uses tricks to demonstrate that melee is worth shit.
>>
>>3050078
>I never said that.
Then why did you even mention it if not that you thought it was a very difficult part of the game and that it fit into strengthening your weak argument, you absolute retard? What, you're trying to weasel your way out of it with some attempt at a logical fallacy, get fucking real

>And you can kill it in even less time with that fucking scroll
It was never about who can kill it faster, imbecile. It was about how you said it takes me forever to kill anything in melee, when it does not. And I proved that, only thing you proved is that you can't think farther from inside your rectum that you don't need to and I quote " corner an opponent so he'd stop backstepping" " circle and chip at their health". The only reason I use those frames is because I am severely underleveled WITH FISTS and cannot withstand a 1 hit blow to the face obviously but I still manage to make it apparent that you do not need to do any of the things your dumb ass has been preaching about combat to win against multiple opponents. It keeps me alive to show the rest of what I'm doing. Oh an by the way dipshit, invincibility frames have been part of combat since the dawn of games, competitive fighting games are a big part of it. Don't talk to me like you understand what's going on with the engine, mongoloid.

I'm not trying to look good, I'm showing how you are absolutely fucking delusional, you're terrible! You're a terrible player, you don't know half as much of the things you keep regurgitating and you can't do shit man, it's easy as that, you're not smart, you're not intelligent and the only reason I posted in the thread, among other people, was to laugh at you!
>>
>>3050078
And It's cute how you keep trying to weasel your way out of everything throughout the entire thread, first you said that melee is trash then you said it's viable and tried to be all politically correct but now you're outright saying how it's garbage. You're garbage lmao, everything you've been posting is garbage, because instead of learning how the game works you are just one of the many lazy retards that want everything streamlined.

>they obliterate them, any dragon can be killed by summoning Demons to take care of it, and that's actually the most intelligent way in the game since you don't even need to lift a finger or grind for stats
Do you hear yourself?? And you're calling ME autistic
Maybe the most intelligent way to play this game for you is to not play it at all actually now that I think about it, judging from your logic you might be better off watching somebody else play the game since you obviously can't be assed to learn or understand how the game actually works. Isn't it funny, it might actually be better for you to be shitposting about playing it instead of actually learning how to play it, it all makes sense why you're here now lmao. And the reason i said I don't need demons, and it seems you completely missed the point, was that I can simply walk in and fight the dragon myself, like in an actual role playing game. I know, it sounds so strange, going to kill a dragon with your own sword in a role playing setting, fucking color me surprised it's probably autistic to most people

>Demons are infinitely more convenient
Yeah just press X for Awesome dude great job you're so good
>>
>>3050078
I don't think I've ever disliked anybody on this website before. The notion that you genuinely believe that the spirit of gothic is about convenience, comfort and just being a lazy shit that can press 1 button and have the whole world at their feet is really depressing to me. I wasn't serious before but now I am genuinely convinced you are the reason rpgs are on life support today.

And sorry, but learning how the game's rudimentary mechanics work is not a trick, that's perceiving, learning and utilizing, none of the things that you can or want to do, you would rather avoid that and move on to tertiary solutions. The fact of the matter is I never had a problem with people abusing scrolls or many of the things you think are "intelligent", but you came in here and shat on melee, sorry bud you fucked up because you don't know a grain of what you're talking about. That's the bare bones of this argument and you've lost it.
>>
>>3050120
>>3050123
>>3050128
This is probably the most depressing series of post I've seen in a while on /vr/.
It's sad to see how delusional and self absorbed certain people are.
>>
>>3050305
I agree and I haven't even read them.
>>
>>3050305
Pretty ironic coming from a manchild that complains about things not catering to his laziness.
>>3050009
Oh and by the way mr armchair psychologist, it's pretty obvious you're the one here with an inferiority complex and an evident conflict avoidance trait, judging how you like everything handed to you and for other people to do your dirty work, you can only tell what kind of a scummy piece of shit personality you have you frail little faggot
>>
>>3050369
Yeah yeah, whatever you say.
Here's your (you), enjoy it.
>>
>>3050372
>calls other people delusional, self-absorbed
>meanwhile expects everything to be handed to him by just pressing a button
The juicy irony of it all is that you still genuinely believe there is nothing wrong with anything you've said, and not just about magic, but how you come into a thread like this and tell people what's right and what's wrong. I legit didn't give a fuck about magic in gothic before you started shitting on melee you delusional manchild

>gets blown the fuck out three times in the thread
>welp time to dismiss it as baiting and move on
>"surely I am so intelligent and clever that nothing I say can be questioned for validity, they must be baiting!"
lmao peace
>>
This thread is just a clusterfuck of anons shitposting at each other. And it's still here after nearly 200 replies, most of which have no doubt been in the report queue for ages.

Meanwhile my civilized rant about LGBT characters being censored from JRPGs got nuked twice - within minutes - due to our resident janny being a /pol/ shitlord. I'm surprised he hasn't nuked half the discourse in the retro eroge thread yet. Or maybe he has?

Whatever the case, /vr/ a shit. So much for oversight.
>>
>>3049989
Not really.
>>
>>3050448
There's nothing civilized about homosexuality.
>>
>>3050396
>but how you come into a thread like this and tell people what's right and what's wrong

How rich you tell him that when you're the one who started this whole mess insulting people right off the bat, pot calling the kettle black really.
>>
>>3050763
How about you read the thread?
He came in and started talking shit about things he didn't have a single clue about, namely calling melee garbage and then giving out a half-assed surface explanation about it. Then it was established he's just a lazy baby that wants to press a button and pass the game without learning how the game works. If I wanted to just attack people I would just target people like this guy >>3050350 who's actually braindead, or you for the matter for being an mongoloid enough to make a post before reading the thread.
>>
File: 1436284452201.jpg (94 KB, 398x323) Image search: [Google]
1436284452201.jpg
94 KB, 398x323
>>3050839
>How about you read the thread?
>>3024163
Literally your first post and the first post talking shit on others in the whole thread when everything before that was a civilised discussion.
You're the one who undeniably started this whole flame war saying that other people here were playing the game in the wrong way, guess that guy was right in calling you a tourettic retard.
Also
>LMAO
You don't belong in here.
>>
>>3050839
>If I wanted to just attack people I would just target people like this guy >>3050350 who's actually braindead,

Uh oh, did I hurt your feelings? I didn't read them because I can tell a low-quality post just from context alone. You're clearly the guy who been "lmao-ing" and posting a video of Fisting Bullco to death & making the argument "look, you can just fist people to death! that proves I win!" when it took fucking 8 minutes in the video and god knows how many attempts.
>>
>>3050857
First of all, I didn't post that you inbred dipshit.
Second, most of my replies were targeted at that specific retard. People have argued with him fucking last week before I was even in the thread, and he got blown the fuck out
Third, I am not the only one saying lmao in the thread you fucking autist, english is not my native language so reusing some phrases comes instinctual for non-native speakers, I even used the same line with the X to Awesome from here >3047932 > By your dumb logic, I can just say you are actually that retard yourself and are just samefagging because you use the same words and posting mannerisms like he does. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, because I'm not a dipshit.

Fourth, actually kill yourself my man
>>
>>3050873
>Fourth, actually kill yourself my man
Yeah man, that really makes us believe you're not the guy from before.
>>
>>3050863
>You're clearly the guy who been "lmao-ing"
You faggots are literally braindead L M A O
Just because I said LMAO you ACTUALLY believe everyone that said LMAO in the thread was me, holy fuck you're actually sad and braindead dude.

>You're clearly the guy
Also, of course I'm the same guy that posted the vid you idiot, is your reading comprehension low? Why would you even say that, why would you assume that this post was someone else defending the guy with the video (myself) if I fucking MAKE IT CLEAR it is me. I honestly wish I was trolling but I'm serious and you're literally fucking braindead dude .

And It takes me less than FIVE to kill a stone troll with just a dagger on level 0, can you even kill a wolf without stumbling on your autism L M A O
>>
Uh oh, looks like >>3050882 is going all out!
>>
File: ARE YOU FRUSTRATED.webm (3 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
ARE YOU FRUSTRATED.webm
3 MB, 640x640
>>3050873
>First of all, I didn't post that you inbred dipshit.
Suuuuuure, guess that dude was right about you having an inferiority complex too.
>>
>>3050878
You're actually dumb if you believe that, and when the person that posted that comes back to reply how dumb you are you'll also see that they can type in english much better than I do.

>>3050885
Stay braindead L M A O
L M A O
L M A O
Maybe I should patent it so it would be more recognizable L M A O

>>3050893
I can bench your entire fucking family you frail little faggot, stop talking to me. This is why you pieces of shit destroyed the rpg genre, you literally can't live without convenience and comfort, you need shit to be handed to you with a silver spoon, you don't want to learn or work at understanding anything, in this case the game mechanics, you make attempts, fail and then resort to using tertiary methods to feel good about yourselves. And when you see somebody succeed on it you make fun of them, you feel envy and hatred. I didn't give a single flying fuck about any of you literal retards until you started talking shit on something you have barely any idea about. You're sad and pathetic and I am actually glad that you're forced to regurgitate your nonsense on this containment board while being alienated by the mainstream, it's perfect poetry and deserve every bit of it.
>>
File: 1438261268741.jpg (192 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1438261268741.jpg
192 KB, 1280x960
Fuck, this is too good to be true, I'm so gonna take screenshots of this, this is pure, unadulterated autist rage.
It's been ages since I saw someone getting this buttdevastated over a fucking videogame.

I only wish that other dude was still posting to keep this faggot going.
>>
>>3050938
I'm a dudette, not a dude.
>>
>>3050938
Nice red herring you got there dipshit, maybe if you had more brains and sense you'd look half as good as the guy in your picture.

>>3050939
I hope you never reproduce.
>>
>>3050939
Sure you are. By Dudette you probably mean a Former Dude or a Dude that identifies as a Dudette.
>>
File: Cinema+Strange.jpg (55 KB, 472x709) Image search: [Google]
Cinema+Strange.jpg
55 KB, 472x709
Why are these games called Gothic? They should be called Medieval or Lord of the Rings or something, nothing Goth about them.
>>
>>3047919
is there a video guide on how 2 get good at gothics combat? i've played the game through like 3 times and i still have trouble dealing with groups.
>>
>>3050939
P-please be in london cute girl who plays Gothic!

>>3050956
>>3050986
Misogynistic scumbags go back to hate chan.
>>
Jesus, I thought that a miracle happened and someone actually discussed something, but no, it's still this fucking sociopath slav shitting up the thread.
>>3051909
It sounds cool, don't think too much about it, it's like playing NoTR and looking at all those silly visual clues that reference the villain of the expansion despite being no raven mentioned in Jarkhendar's lore except those silly murals.
>>3052016
>i still have trouble dealing with groups
You're supposed to, the only thing that can help you make fighting groups of enemies is having superior stats and good reflexes, because the crowd control in the first two games is shit.
>>
>>3052016
Stop locking on to one target constantly and then circling it forever hoping for an opening. Set up proper controls so you can not just strafe run but turn easily at any time in any direction. Learn to dodge blows by paying attention at enemies' animation, beasts will try to stunlock you frequently and are much tougher to deal with than human npcs for beginner players. New players rely on backstepping and locking onto one target as a stepping stone, you can pass the game like that but just like the autistic dipshit in the thread said "it makes melee shallow and boring". It would also be better for you to go with 1 handed swords for your first playthrough.

>>3052115
>can help you make fighting groups of enemies is having superior stats and good reflexes
>having superior stats
Obviously you retard, why did you even write this? This is true in any fucking rpg. Of course you will fight enemies easier if you have better stats, except in gothic you can fight anybody at any level and win.
>muh chipping
>muh ten minuuutteeeeessssss
Stop posting.
>and good reflexes
None of what you have you autistic inbred.

>crowd control in the first two games is shit.
It's been established you don't know shit and you're a lazy baby. Stop fucking posting.
>>
>>3052260
Oh, it's you again, you sure are persistent, at least you did tell him to set up the other control scheme, of course you didn't bother to tell him to set up a AWSD or ESDF control scheme because fuck that.
>except in gothic you can fight anybody at any level and win.
Sure, one on one. Keep up the good job Igor.
>It's been established you don't know shit
Oh please, you yourself praised a lot of my posts without realizing, you're just a sociopathic little cunt.
>>3052016
For the record, what this idiot is trying to tell you anon, is that most people who like melee in 2 usually set up a control scheme that assigns weapon swings to single keys rather than the usual ctrl+arrows, it takes some time to get used to it if you've used to standard Gothic 1 control scheme, but it makes the godawful melee much better, that much is true. other than that just remember to gauge your own power, once you get around to 400 HP, 80 STR or so and have a good armor and weapon you can fight groups of enemies without getting killed in two hits, given you're playing NoTR of course, vanilla is much simpler because there's no retarded stat bloat so you can start kicking ass much earlier.

What I would personally suggest you is assing IJKL keys to weapon swings and block and ESDF, mostly because it's a good setting in terms of key distance and layout.
Other than that, it's all stat wanking and reflexes.
>>
>>3052289
>AWSD or ESDF control scheme because fuck that.
That's to individual preference you fucktard. People should choose for themselves how they can master the game. Goddamnit you are unbelievably deluded
>you literally can't live without convenience and comfort, you need shit to be handed to you with a silver spoon

>Sure, one on one. Keep up the good job Igor.
It's sad that after all this you STILL have never felt the thrill of killing more than 1 orc at the time in close combat. Why bother when you can just click a button and pass the game that way.

>Oh please, you yourself praised a lot of my posts without realizing, you're just a sociopathic little cunt.
Where did I praise your posts about melee you mongoloid, everything we've posted to each other has been about how you have absolutely no fucking idea about anything. How many times do I need to repeat the same things over and over before it gets ingrained into your thick skull.

You said it takes me 10 minutes to kill anything and I proved you wrong
You said melee is only about circling your opponent and pushing them into a corner, and I proved you wrong
You said I forced people to play with fists only, when I only demonstrated that with proper controls and reaction you can survive anything in the game at any level. Yet you STILL latched onto that to attack me as if I preached that was the only way to play the game, and possibly even samefagged posts about it even further, then resorted to attach that to myself. Like do you see how fucking sad you are dude?
You said you would rather have someone pass the game for you, and you're calling ME sociopathic.

The fact that you keep calling me slav trying to dehumanize me and my arguments is sad, the fact that you still are delusional enough to say things like " I can just press a button and pass the game this way" and think that's in the spirit of Gothic.

Stop pretending like you understand the game, because you don't.
>>
Man I miss the time when this thread was comfy and eajy. The /v/ guy sperging over combat really ruined it.
>>
>>3052305
Man I miss the time when this game was filled with skilled and intelligent players that knew what they were talking about. The peasants sperging over combat really ruined it.
>>
>>3052302
>People should choose for themselves how they can master the game. Goddamnit you are unbelievably deluded
So once again you didn't even bother reading my post, good, keep showing how much of an autistic bitch you are.
>It's sad that after all this you STILL have never felt the thrill of killing more than 1 orc at the time in close combat.
Nice assumption, as always.
>You said it takes me 10 minutes to kill anything and I proved you wrong
After more than one day you still can't into hyperboles and metaphors, good, take everything literally.
>You said melee is only about circling your opponent and pushing them into a corner, and I proved you wrong
That's the most effective way to win and no sane man would argue about it but a certain faggot that thought showing a video of himself pummeling a NPC as an explicit challenge was a good proof.
>You said I forced people to play with fists only
Oh? Now you're straight up fabricating statements, that's a nice change.
>The fact that you keep calling me slav trying to dehumanize me and my arguments is sad
You've been literally called out by OTHER people on you being the idiot who dehumanized others and now you complain about me answering to you in the same way, damn, you're also a passive aggressive little bitch, the mental illnesses keeps on piling up.
>that's in the spirit of Gothic.
>the spirit of Gothic
Just fuck off with your pretentious buzzwords, you're just one deluded moron with an evident inferiority complex. If what you said wasn't the spirit of Gothic then it would be a melee only game, which it isn't.

You can't stand that people prefer to use the "easy" way out instead of wanting to adapt to a shitty melee combat design or play something other than said melee combat, you need help, I can only be saddened to think about all he people who have to put up with you IRL.

I henceforth christen you Slav-Kun, carry this name with pride, scourge /vr/ like Kattfag and Australia-Kun, Innos be with you.
>>
>>3052321
>So once again you didn't even bother reading my post, good, keep showing how much of an autistic bitch you are.
What are you talking about??? I read your post, I didn't agree with some of the things but there really is not point in arguing with you about the game anymore, you give misguided advice because you can't fight without good stats or armor.

>Nice assumption, as always.
Because you haven't. You literally need and I quote " 400 hp " and "80 str" to sustain yourself, possibly against maybe two(?) opponents at most, because as mentioned before your brain can only process backstepping and circling round.

>After more than one day you still can't into hyperboles and metaphors, good, take everything literally.
It doesn't matter, stop appealing to semantics, the point is that you made the assumption it takes me forever, when it doesn't. And remember how you made it into a dick measuring contest too? muh muh muh scrolls muh muh demons kill it faster! You're a joke.

>That's the most effective way
>what is parry
>what is locking off and strafe/diagonal running etc etc
Yeah maybe for beginners like you.
> showing a video of himself pummeling a NPC as an explicit challenge was a good proof.
Once again you try to devalue my argument by claiming I forced people to fist fight only. It's really sad dude, aren't you supposed to be the civilized westerner here? It's ironic you keep clinging to this so much, that you need to keep saying that I am forcing people into playing with fists only at level 0 not because it shows off the mechanics, that you can survive anything at any level if you know what you're doing, but because I'm a purist communist! A frame abuser! A hardcore autist! yeah dude keep going.
>>
>>3052321
>Oh? Now you're straight up fabricating statements, that's a nice change.
The only one fabricating statements here is you.
>You've been literally called out by OTHER people on you being the idiot who dehumanized others
Of course, this is prime entertainment. Why bother read the thread when you can be a passive spectator and ridicule the "raging autist". Yeah that's real civilized and non-mental of you people. The only I have attacked in this thread is you, and you abhorrent ideas.
>you're also a passive aggressive little bitch
I am probably the only person in this thread that has been genuine, I even posted my personal information to prove a point. You on the other hand have been misguiding and spreading misinformation out of personal bias. You are a lazy sack of shit and want everything handed to you, that seeps into your preference and style of gameplay. Your very first posts in the thread are about how melee is garbage and I literally didn't give a flying fuck about people playing with magic or abusing scrolls before you posted your trash in the thread. And all of your replies to me have been all but trying to appear ruthless. Get your shit straight before you call ME passive aggressive.
>>
>>3052321
>Just fuck off with your pretentious buzzwords
How about YOU fuck off, it's not a buzzword it's literally what the game is you piece of fucking shit. Overcoming the difficulty of the setting, everyone treating you like shit etc. Fuck OFF.

>you're just one deluded moron with an evident inferiority complex
>it's pretty obvious you're the one here with an inferiority complex and an evident conflict avoidance trait, judging how you like everything handed to you and for other people to do your dirty work, you can only tell what kind of a scummy piece of shit personality you have you frail little faggot
>calls other people delusional, self-absorbed
>meanwhile expects everything to be handed to him by just pressing a button
Come back when you're not a little bitch.

>Gothic then it would be a melee only game, which it isn't.
Melee is the biggest part of the game and it encompasses movement into it, and not just for the player but your opponents. So it IS largely a melee only game. L M A O

>You can't stand that people prefer to use the "easy" way out
Yes I can't, because I can't stand braindead people. People like you. I'm not sure you can even qualify as a person considering the shit you've been posting so far, maybe that's why you're projecting so much demagogue against me.
>>
>>3052321
>>3052321
>instead of wanting to adapt to a shitty melee combat design
Yeah I know it's almost... almost like learning how to play a game. Wow I know it sound so strange and alien for you westerners.
>play something other than said melee combat
That's perfectly fine, you can play whatever you want. I NEVER had a problem with people abusing shit, but you shat on melee and keep doing it. That's a problem, because you don't know shit.
>you need help
The only person here that needs help is you, all the way to the pb or nordic games forums to read up on tips for combat :^)
> I can only be saddened to think about all he people who have to put up with you IRL.
How about you just fuck off, you don't know me, you don't know anything about the game and you certainly don't even remember half of the shit you've been replying to me. Now fuck off.
>>
Oh nice, a Gothic thread!
>some random slav is throwing tantrum that melee is the only viable way of playing Gothic, ignoring that RPGs should let players decide which class to play
>calling everyone braindead, autistic mongoloids
>being actually autistic, since posting video when fighting barehanded against Bullco takes only 7 minutes, but forgetting how fighting with multiple enemies is broken
>being actually REALLY autistic to have a youtube channel with level 0 barefists/dagger videos against monsters in the game and a glitchy speedrun
>Writing 4 separate posts just to answer to 1 post
>>3052342
>>3052337
>>3052335
>>3052334
Man, you're just hopeless. I know flaws of Gothic melee combat, but I always used it because of arena fights, I always put my stats on strength because of melee combat and later on crossbows, I also finished game with magic user with high strength and one-armed combat, but I'd never sperg about how other people are dumb/autistic/braindead just because they're dismissing my way of play. It is a nice thing to have different playthroughs in RPGs since that's what RPG are all about. What should I feel when coming genuinely interested into Gothic thread, and reading all that foul language from your responses.

Besides Gothic came in 2002, so it's not retro at all. If anything, PS2 topics should be here too.
>>
>>3052491
>that melee is the only viable way of playing Gothic
Never said that, read the fucking thread mongoloid.
>calling everyone braindead, autistic mongoloids
Because that's what you are, read the fucking thread.
>forgetting how fighting with multiple enemies is broken
Everything shown in the video uses the same principles when fighting against multiple opponents, I have a video fighting multiple opponents showing those principles and I've proven that in the thread, read the fucking thread.
>REALLY autistic to have a youtube channel with level 0 barefists/dagger videos against monsters in the game and a glitchy speedrun
>get good at a game, understand the mechanics
>get called an autist
sure thing faggot
>>Writing 4 separate posts just to answer to 1 post
Yeah easier to just not read the post and throw random arbitrary statements instead!

> It is a nice thing to have different playthroughs
>That's perfectly fine, you can play whatever you want. I NEVER had a problem with people abusing shit, but you shat on melee and keep doing it. That's a problem, because you don't know shit.
Read
The
Fucking
Thread
>>
>>3052491
>What should I feel when coming genuinely interested into Gothic thread, and reading all that foul language from your responses.
You should gargle up that dick about melee being "shallow" or "boring" and avoid learning how the game works, and when someone actually shows up to tell you otherwise just dismiss them as hopeless autists because they're obviously here to claim melee is the only way to play the game.
>>
>>3052491
I've wasted enough time myself on this autistic cunt, leave him alone in his puddle of incoherent rage and inferiority complex.
He's literally just mad that people use methods that require less effort and calls them inferior when he himself has to acknowledge that things other than melee kill stuff faster, more efficiently and are much safer, but somehow they're inferior to melee(?) and you should feel bad for using them because you don't know the "spirit" of the game and you don't know shit about a shallow combat engine which most elaborate feature is literally invincibility frames.

The fact that he writes paragraphs of insults and then accuses others of insulting him is proof enough of his hypocrisy and retardation, let alone non existent reading comprehension.

And Gothic came out in 2001
>>
>>3052580
I don't give a shit if you call me names, that's just showing how much "civilized" you are. But if you're going to talk shit at least get your facts straight

>just mad that people use methods that require less effort
I'm mad you came into the thread shitting on melee and then put yourself on this high pedestal as if you knew what you were talking about when you barely scratched the surface of the mechanics, that's all there ever was to this shitfest. IRONIC you talk shit about MY reading comprehension when you can't even figure out why I even responded to you.

>things other than melee kill stuff faster
Once again, resorting to a dick measuring contest when it was never the issue, I didn't give a fuck in how many macro seconds you can kill an npc, YOU brought it up
YOU made it an argument piece and then made fun of me chipping an enemy, and then YOU tried to weasel out of it by making fun I don't understand hyperbole when it was never even about that in the first place. You use deceit, manipulation and subterfuge to win your arguments, maybe you should hire someone to shitpost for you seeing how it's a running theme around you?
>you should feel bad for using them
I said YOU should feel bad for coming into a thread, talking shit about melee without understanding how the game works, because YOU are a lazy silver spoon fed faggot.
>makes fun of the way I talk knowing that english is not my native language
Yeah real nice dude real civilized
I honestly hope I could bash your face in for all the scummy passive aggressive posts youve been posting to me this whole time. You keep saying I am passive aggressive, you're wrong, I'm actually aggressive and I would love to see how you use that amazing stylistic preference to leave with your teeth unharmed you frail little fucking bitch.
>>
>>3052612
>you barely scratched the surface of the mechanics
Oh please, as if there's so much to know about Gothic's melee other than hitboxes and invincibility frames, damage calculation is a joke and the combat in itself is pitiful, you're just really clinging hard to fight without the lock-on against more than one enemy, which is is pretty fucking bad to the point that Gothic 3 actually did that better.
And again, no one, literally no one gives a shit about one on one fights with you taking potshots at NPCs, that was never the point, it doesn't demonstrate anything, the combat is still clunky, boring and shallow, it doesn't matter how much you sperg over dancing around without using lock on.
>I didn't give a fuck in how many macro seconds you can kill an npc
Really? I guess you suddenly don't understand t
he "spirit of Gothic" anymore, how curious.
>You use deceit, manipulation and subterfuge to win your arguments
Really now? Or maybe you're the one who flings shit at people whenever they say something you don't like?
Really ironic coming from someone who tells me I can't make a mage build in Souls when I've explicilty said that I DON'T PLAY as a mage BECAUSE I don't like how it FEELS.
>knowing that english is not my native language
Guess what you little shit? It's not mine either, I'm Italian and I sure don't play victim when people point out my errors, and I sure as hell don't go around insulting everyone out of the blue.
>You keep saying I am passive aggressive, you're wrong, I'm actually aggressive and I would love to see how you use that amazing stylistic preference to leave with your teeth unharmed you frail little fucking bitch.
Oooh real scary internet tough guy, I bet you're a master of Gorilla Warfare who punishes all the internet evildoers.

Have fun steaming in your autistic fits of rage, that is enough to put a smile on my face for the rest of the day.
>>
>>3052676
>melee other than hitboxes and invincibility frames
Not even the quarter of the mechanics, sad to see that's how far your braindead shell of a nervous system carried you.

>which is is pretty fucking bad to the point that Gothic 3 actually did that better.
>waaaahhh I can't do something then it must be shit!!!!
>talks out of his ass
>brings GOTHIC 3 AS AN ACTUAL POINT
L M A O

>Really? I guess you suddenly don't understand the "spirit of Gothic" anymore, how curious.
When is it the importance of how fast you kill an enemy mean the spirit of the game? Just because I like to do speedruns doesn't mean I ever advocated for the most efficient way of killing an npc, YOU ARE DELUSIONAL. The spirit fo the game is starting out with absolutely nothing, learning the core game mechanics while getting your shit pushed in by faggot npcs and then wiping every single living shit on the continent.

>Or maybe you're the one who flings shit at people whenever they say something you don't like?
Says the faggot that literally CHERRY PICKS my posts, DOESN'T RESPOND TO MOST OF THE ARGUMENTS and APPLIES statements about me I have never said or never claimed to have done. L M A O

> I can't make a mage build in Souls when I've explicilty said that I DON'T PLAY as a mage BECAUSE I don't like how it FEELS.
>If I can't make something work I'll just dismiss it as something I don't like!!!
Ahahaha dude just fucking kill yourself already
You're a fucking BABY
>>
>>3052676
> I'm Italian
I was going to call you a little spoon fed manlet for even comparing life in italy to life in northern russia or what it means to even know a second language here, but what's the point you'll just throw another passive aggressive bitchfit WAAAAH DONT CALL ME NAMES
>I sure as hell don't go around insulting everyone out of the blue.
Yeah you don't, you prefer to deceive and manipulate, like a little bitch, calling me passive aggressive, attacking me on my nationality, applying arbitrary statements to my posts when I've never said or done any of the things attributed to me, yeah yeah yeah it's really cute, maybe that's why you faggots lost so much in ww2.

> real scary internet tough guy
Listen you literal piece of shit, I've tried to reason with you right from the start. I tried to be as impartial as possible and keep it only melee related. YOU COULND'T. YOU attacked ME, YOU faked statements about ME and YOU disrespected me on a personal level right from the fucking start. I would have NO hesitation to bash your fucking face in for something like that. We don't tolerate rat scum like you as a people and the response is usually as simple.

I have nothing else to say to you, you are a scummy rat and a lazy piece of shit. Didn't you say you were done talking to me? Stop talking to, about me or melee. You don't know jack shit and I really do hope you someone rips your spine out one day.
>>
>>3052796
Jesus Christ, who hurt you?
>>
File: Bern_Grin.jpg (13 KB, 301x227) Image search: [Google]
Bern_Grin.jpg
13 KB, 301x227
JESUS CHRIST THIS FUCKING GUY

KEEP GOING IVAN YOU'RE THE BEST
>>
Let's get the discussion back to comfy >>3026435 ?

Powergaymers (or meta- if you will) need not apply.
>>
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 704x396
Haven't laughed this much in a long time. Never knew me responding with that one post >>3048480 would lead to an angry reply upon which an anon would defend my honor. Which then erupted into the most autistic rage fueled rants by some Slav on gothic. What a time to be alive.
>>
What is going on here
>>
How the fuck does the damage in G2 work?

Most of the time my attacks will just chip away small bits of the enemy's HP and then one single hit will take half their bar

Same with the enemies attacking me, sometimes they take small chunks and sometimes they outright oneshot me

I understand that critical hits are a thing but a crit is supposedly only x2 damage, not a guaranteed half hp bar
>>
>>3051909
Because Gothic doesn't mean being a brooding, Coldsteel the Hedgehog edgemeister. It's not aboit being cynical, withdrawn, misanthropic and wearing outlandish clothes. It's a statement about life being ambiguous.

It's the struggle between life and death, the old and new (like old vs. new camp), "good" and "evil", self and other.
Look at Gothic Literature. Dracula is about an undead count who feeds off the living, haunting a democratic British empire. It represents the fear of old despots reconquering Europe. Vampires and other monsters are othered, i.e., whatever is closest to us that we won't admit is projected unto the other. Your average "they are barbarians and we are civilised" falls into that.

Now look at Gothic There are three deities in the world: Innos, Adanos, and Beliar. Innos stands for light, life and justice. Beliar stands for night, darkness, chaos and death. They are always at odds with each other, chosing an avatar to carry out their will. A lot of newbies and casual players will just think that the nameless Hero is the avatar of Innos. He is the self, the hero after all. But he's most likely the avatar of Adanos.

Why? He choses his own destiny. You, as the player, have the choice to join any camp, chose any path, be evil or good at your own behest. If you look at how the hero behaves, he never reveres any of his choices, he simply looks at the task at hand and does it. When you join the mages he doesn't become a massive religious guy and starts preaching, he studies magic and uses it as a tool. That's just about it.

The hero mostly accomplishes goals that make both sides neutral. The magic barrier is out of control because the Sleeper, Beliar's creature, is awakening. The hero takes him and tips the scales back toward equilibrium. I also believe that the Adanos ending in 3 is canon because of this. The only way to end this futile struggle once and for all is the neutral Adanos ending, where you destroy the divine artifacts.
>>
>>3054064
It's quite often demonstrated that moral choices aren't clear cut. Xardas relates in G1 that Orcs aren't "just animals". They were a highly developed culture capable of magic and architectural feats, and probably still are. This is also reflected in the Shamans native american garb.

So all the while we believe that we are slaughtering just one enemy after the other, an entity of Beliar that is irredeemably evil, whereas they're not so far from humans as we would believe. The hero actually BEFRIENDS an Orc. Communication between the two sides IS possible. But let's look at Xardas himself: He's ostensibly an evil guy. He summons demons, communicates and summons the dead, and dabbles in the dark arts. He wears a pretty evil looking black robe with batwings on his shoulders, and the sign of beliar around his neck. But he isn't evil.

He studied the dark arts to find a way to destroy the barrier. He considered the dark arts purely for pragmatic reasons on the one side, and for idealistic reasons on the other. He wants to destroy the barrier, and in the long run end the conflict between the gods. The Hero and Xardas are strange bedfellows as such. Xardas seeks balance, yet is closely associated with Beliar, where the Hero is an instrument of balance and closely associated with Innos. It's all rather confusing and ambiguous. But that's why I believe that Gothic - brutal, raw atmosphere aside - deserves the title. It may not be "classic" gothic like Dracula or Frankenstein, but it is certainly a palatable modern iteration in the genre.
>>
>>3052115
>it's like playing NoTR and looking at all those silly visual clues that reference the villain of the expansion
I might not have been paying attention but the only 'cue' i recall was suddenly hearing a crow scream when i went through a certain part of the world

>despite being no raven mentioned in Jarkhendar's lore except those silly murals.
Maybe the raven part is because the antagonist is called fucking raven
>>
>>3052260
>Set up proper controls
Not the guy you are quoting but what controls do you use? pls help me git gud
>>
>>3053535
retard. melee is king in gothic 1. i can wipe out a group of 10 orcs with one-handed lvl 2 and scar's sword and not get scratched.
>>
>>3054076
>Maybe the raven part is because the antagonist is called fucking raven
That's the joke.
>>
>>3054035
Melee damage subtracts your weapon's attack power plus your STR from an enemy Armor value and divides the total by 10, critical hits, which are influenced by your weapon proficiency, however add your STR value to the total damage calculation WITHOUT dividing the total value by 10, that's why even faggots in NoTR can one shot you, because even though they wield rusted swords they have bloated STR values, so while a normal hit inflicts low damage, a crit adds their insane STR, vanilla Gothic 2 was much more tame, that's why a melee build makes the game piss easy.
A little catch in melee is that you have blunt weapons and edged weapons, that was the key in easily defeating the Golem in Gothic, a hammer will damage Golems and Skellies more than a sword.
Also, DEX based swords like the Rapier DO NOT USE DEX as damage value, they still add STR to the calculation.

Ranged works the same way as melee but adds your DEX value to damage calculation and doesn't divide by 10, iirc DEX also determines the range in which you can actually hit the enemy, so the farther you are the more DEX you'll need to hit, weapon proficiency also helps in hitting enemies besides adding critical chances.

Both melee and ranged have a starting base damage of 5, so even when you punch a Dragon at level 0 you'll still do 5 HP of damage.

Magic damage is fixed, the attack value you see on your scroll or rune is directly subtracted from an enemy magic defense value, which is why spells like Fire Arrow start strong in the first hours of the game end end up useless after you get to chapter 2 or 3, because stronger enemies, like wargs or Orc Shamans have stronger Magic Defense and a shitload of HP so the damage, when not non existent is laughable.
There is a catch to magic which is simply elemental weakness, Ice Lance, which is a 90 ATK Ice spell will damage Fire Lizards much more than a 100 Lightning Spell, you just need two fireballs to kill an Ice Wolf but you'll need more to kill a Warg.
>>
>>3054819
>that's why a melee build makes the game piss easy.
Saying something like that is ironic coming from someone that runs away from an opponent presses a button to kill them or lets others do the dirty work for them. Didn't you say you were done throwing opinionated and passive aggressive statements about melee?

And if it's so piss easy how come you can't sustain yourself in combat against multiple opponents without 400 hp and 80 str?
>>
>>3054963
Congratulation on keeping on missing my point yet again Slav-kun.

How was your day?
>>
>>3054970
Yeah yeah yeah very cute, we both know why you threw that opinionated statement at the end, you fucking faggot. Just like you throw all of your opinionated statements after backing up them with facts that are pretty decent and self-evident. Very nice sophistry, worthy of a manchild.
>>
Fuck off, you eurotrash. This is not retro.
>>
>>3055035
>he says, and then goes back to his Fallout 4 "GOTY 2015"
>>
File: Untitled.png (404 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
404 KB, 1680x1050
so i was looking up some guides on gamefaqs for gothic 2.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/930742-gothic-ii-gold-edition/faqs

some of these things are not like the others...
>>
>>3055607
That's based on your search history you filthy otaku
>>
File: fuku.png (416 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
fuku.png
416 KB, 1680x1050
>>3055672
i would of believed you if this wasn't the page for gothic 1

i've also checked like 4 other games and gothic 2 is the only one this is happening for.
>>
>>3018031
I will say this: in the early 00s I've spent more time with the Gothic 1 demo than any other game out there, with the exception of (maybe!) WoW and Ultima Online.
>>
>>3054819
So does this mean that I should prioritize increasing my weapon proficiency over increasing my strength?
>>
>>3057868
Are you playing Gothic 1 or 2?

I'm the resident Gothic 1 God so I can tell you everything about Gothic 1, but not Gothic 2.
>>
>>3057872
Unfortulately G1god I am playing G2 (with the expansion if that's any help)
>>
>>3057868
>I should prioritize increasing my weapon proficiency over increasing my strength?

No man, if anything you should do the contrary.

Increasing STR lets you equip stronger weapons, so the base damage calculation will still be better than increasing your proficiency first, it's simple math.

Let's say you've got 10 STR, with a weapon with 30 ATK value and 20% One handed proficiency, your normal attack will do 4+5 base HP damage with a 20% chance of doing a 40HP critical attack, now let's say you've got 30 STR, with a weapon with 45 ATK and a 5% weapon proficiency value, you'd be doing a stable 7.5+5 points damage with a 5% chance of a 75 critical attack.
It is true that higher weapon proficiency gives you better critical chances and longer, more fluid combos, but having better equipment and base STR is more reliable since you'll be dealing more stable damage rather than relying on crits, which are not at all frequent in the beginning of the game unless you pump your skill points exclusively into weapon skill, which means you'll get stuck with a Wolf Tooth dagger and its really short range if you want to deal melee damage at all.

That said, if you intend to play a melee build increasing STR and weapon proficiency will be your only objective, unless you want to play a Paladin, in which case some Mana for your paladin runes wouldn't hurt at all.

Keep in mind that NoTR balance is bonkers, so don't be surprised if you need a lot of hits and stats to kill something reliably, they bloated NPCs stats a lot, of course, if you're planning your growth well you should have little problems in melee by the time you finish chapter 2, with the exception of Orcs and a few monsters like Dragon Snappers which are pretty strong, but even so, a pure STR build with 40% weapon proficiency will be enough to deal with most of the stuff the game has to offer, given that you get familiar enough with the melee combat system, which you should be already if you played Gothic 1.
>>
>>3041319
This was the highlight of the thread before all the melee rage happened.
>>
Damn, got at the end of Gothic 2 and STILL couldn't cast Cry of the dead.
Are there that many elixirs +5 mana around or was I supposed to invest a fuckton of points in +5 at the trainer?

Also I'm gonna start Gothic 3 now, what makes it more beareable, melee, ranged or magic?
As far as I remeember I kept getting murdered by those 5 ice wolves before getting to the northmar town, I think the game had some sort of level scaling.
Hell, should I even play it it's coming back how shitty the exploration was also, like an elder scrolls game.
Should I just go straight to Risen 2 (have played 1 fairly recently)?
>>
>>3062331
>playing gothic 2

Not playing g1 over and over and over...
>>
>>3062331

Just skip Risen 2. iirc, 3's passable.
>>
>>3062331
>was I supposed to invest a fuckton of points in +5 at the trainer?
Yep.
>what makes it more beareable, melee, ranged or magic?
Ranged is by far the easiest way to play if you want minimal effort.
>Hell, should I even play it it's coming back how shitty the exploration was also, like an elder scrolls game.
Vanilla G3 is still bearable, the expansion was all kinds of garbage.
>Should I just go straight to Risen 2 (have played 1 fairly recently)?
Risen 2 is garbage with the only saving grace being Greg's cameo, Risen 3 is garbage but with 100% more pirates, take you pick.
>>
>>3062918
G2 has better replay value. G1 only has replay value in the first two chapters, so you complete it once and then play the first two chapter two more times.
>>
>>3063941
So I get that PB must have lost all their good men?
Anyway, I went back to a pre-dragonisland save and with a fuckton of prayers, some new king's sorrel found and other stuff I managed to get to 250.
Trainers really weren't necessary if you explore a lot afterall (thankfully since it costs like 25 LP for a fucking +5 by now.
I'm starting G3 now, ready to get angry as fuck at long deserts with nothing in them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.