[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
new (retro) Gameboy family thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: gameboys.png (13 KB, 627x297) Image search: [Google]
gameboys.png
13 KB, 627x297
Discuss your favorite and least favorite games for the GB/GBC.

Old thread was nuked because GBA reasons.
>>
File: dmg1.png (330 KB, 435x440) Image search: [Google]
dmg1.png
330 KB, 435x440
love the music, and the replay value of all the different team possibilities, also battling/trading with friends
>>
>>3013845
So why's the Minish Cap one still up then?
>>
>>3013930
I don't think a janitor nuked the last thread considered he/she was deleting shitposting there, I think the thread got deleted due to receiving multiple reports.

Though I could be wrong though and we might just have a schizophrenic janitor after all.
>>
File: 1453738926296.jpg (670 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1453738926296.jpg
670 KB, 1280x1707
>>3013845
Good luck anon, my retro gameboy thread got fifteen comments while the obvious bait one got well over a hundred.

Anyway to contribute to the thread I have a question. Should I play wario land 1 or skip to 2?
>>
>>3013950
Beat all Wario games except Master of Disguise which was shit tier.
>>
>>3013924
I like those mods where they randomly generate the pokemon, not only which ones appear but the typing, the move pools, everything. It's bizarre.
>>
>>3013952
Wait, is Shake it worth playing but Master of Disguise isn't?

I recently got Wario Land 2 and was pleased how established the gameplay was already by that point.

>>3013845
I'm a pleb when it comes to the gameboy, I really need to go back and play more, but my favorite games are Pokemon Gold, Shantae and Pokemon TCG.

I also played the fuck out of the Harry Potter RPG.
>>
>>3013950
>Good luck anon, my retro gameboy thread got fifteen comments while the obvious bait one got well over a hundred.
Because nobody has anything interesting to say about the GB/C. There are interesting games, but nobody wants to talk about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cemowwf-0hI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Tx8m8GlQQ
>>
>>3013845
I loved the gameboy pocket. Favorite design of the original gameboys.
>>
>>3014168
Is it just a gameboy the size of a GBC?
>>
>>3014168
Just got one this weekend for $30.
>>
>>3013845
Favorite: Tetris DX
Least favorite: everything else.
>>
>>3014178
I don't have a GB Pocket, but tiny bit smaller I believe. It ran on AAA batteries.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 500x332
>>3013845
R - T Y P E
|
T
Y
P
E
>>
>>3013845
>bottom right corner
go shitpost elsewhere, maybe /v/ or something
>>
>>3014178

It's smaller than a GBC.
>>
Who /GBA/ here? Playing Metroid: Zero Mission at the moment. Pretty good.
>>
>>3013845
fav games?

the pokemon games and some of the platformers.

shout out to the pokemon trading card game. As a kid no one knew how to play the thing, they only wanted to collect.... I collected and built decks for nothing. So when this game came out it was a blessing. I was finally able to play the damn card game. So much fun.

its basically an 8bit handheld version of hearthstone
>>
i need to find a transparent pocket and gbc, i also want to get a transparent light, but those cost way too much
>>
>>3014540
Has a larger screen than the original and GBC though. Slimmer than the color because it uses 2xAAAs rather than 2xAAs
>>
>>3014609
Pokemon red/blue, Zelda Oracle of Seasons
>>
File: heres_wario.jpg (33 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
heres_wario.jpg
33 KB, 500x388
>>3014024
VB Wario Land > Wario Land 4 > SML3 > Shake It! > Wario Land IIDX > Wario Land 3 > Wario World >>>> Master of Disguise
>>
>>3015820
Haha, VB Wario. There's no way I'll ever play that. Sad too.
>>
For some reason when I was a kid I asked for a game boy pocket instead of a game boy color

wtf was i thinking
>>
>>3016008
How so?
I played it a couple years ago in emulator.
>>
>>3016017
GBP looks more stylish. Is it made of metal?
>>
Purchased Shadowgate Classic recently. It's fun, but really short. You have to be careful because death awaits in every other room.

Also coming to me is Wizardry. It was only released in Japan so it's extremely hard to find for a decent price. Can't wait to play it though.
>>
>>3014609
For the frog the bell tolls
Mega man V
Wario land games
Kirby dreamland 2
Link's awakening

Personal favorite games on the system.
>>
>>3016150
How can you read it and play it?
>>
>>3013950
>my post only got 15 leddit gold

its an anonymous forum anon, set your outgoing firewall rules to block ego
>>
>>3013845
Indepth look at the Game Boy, starting with the CPU.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZUDEaLa5Nw
>>
>>3016467
Wizardry? Luckily its one of those games that come with multiple languages on the cartridge.
>>
>>3017392
Actually I was mistaken. There's just English and Japanese.
>>
Gameboy Advance trolololololololol
>>
Other than the obvious, Survival Kids is pretty interesting to play through. Pokemon Pinball I remember being really fun, thinking about getting it again.
>>
>>3016775
I don't care about that you dumbass, I was saying that the gameboy/gameboy color typically get no discussion here.
>>
>>3013950
Wario 1 is the closest to an actual Mario game, you have a world map, lives and secrets.
Wario 2 is more like a puzzle adventure where you literally cannot die or get hurt. Also you'll have to do the entire thing twice anyway since it's impossible to not miss secrets.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.