[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/saturn/ saturn general i just installed psuedosaturn and im
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1400904731211.jpg (528 KB, 1600x1202) Image search: [Google]
1400904731211.jpg
528 KB, 1600x1202
/saturn/ saturn general

i just installed psuedosaturn and im getting stuck at reading cd data

is 10x too fast for saturn games ?

it's the slowest my burner will go.
>>
File: full of dirty cheeseburgers.jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
full of dirty cheeseburgers.jpg
35 KB, 480x360
Been playing Last Bronx. Pretty good fighting game, I never see anyone talking about it. Even in Saturn fan circles. Probably has the best backgrounds of any 3D Saturn fighter.
>>
>>3008807
Probably because it's not that good.
>>
I've been playing DoDonPachi. Pretty amazing shooter.

>>3008789
I burn mine at max speed (48x) and have no issues playing them on my saturn.
>>
>>3008832
i'm going to try my external drive and report back

i hope i didn't flash the cart wrong or anything.
>>
nope, still no luck.
>>
>>3008807
I rather liked Last Bronx back when it came out in arcades, but I feel like it's been long-eclipsed.
>>
File: 20160219_224826.jpg (4 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160219_224826.jpg
4 MB, 4128x2322
OP, I'm having a similar problem. I can't get the pseudo saturn installer to load at all, and I've tried several. Would you mind linking the one you got to show up on the system? I do the disc swap fine but it always just goes to the audio CD menu without loading the installer. Pic related is the type of CD-R I'm using. Can only burn at 10x as well. It's stressing me out.
>>
>>3009795
It might be the cd, i know that with my dreamcast I had problems with a few brands, Tdk gold are generally my favorite and I never have any problems with them.
>>
>>3008807
>Probably has the best backgrounds of any 3D Saturn fighter.

That's pretty much it's only redeeming value.
>>
>>3009795
>>3008909
Use a different burning app. Burn in DAO or DAO96 mode (never in track-at-once). Burning speed is irrelevant, unless your Saturns optics are fucked, in which case nothing will help. Make sure you are burning proper backups, most of the time the fault comes from burning shitty dumps.

Note that some cheap burners can't burn back all games, for example games with MODE2 tracks will fail to burn on some drives.
>>
>>3008807
It is an impressive looking game to be sure, even eith those backgrounds I still feel virtua fighter 2 is a little stronger, maybe I just like its art direction more. It kind of reminds me of rival schools actually, not quite as fun though.
>>
>>3009821
Thanks for the advice. I've been using ImgBurn and I don't see an option to burn in DAO mode so I'll check out a few other programs.

Got a real grandpa question here, though. I've rarely ever burned things to a disc in the past. The installers I have either contain a .iso and .cue or a .iso and .BIN. What do I do with the .cue/.BIN files? I just burn the .iso to the disc, right? Feel like an idiot asking this.
>>
>>3009821
have the exact same issue as the other anon, getting pseudo to load at all. it still loads regular games just fine, that means the optics shouldn't be fucked right?
>>
>>3010661
What model Saturn do you have? Model 2 can be really difficult to get working with the swaptrick, I assume you have tapped the button down and everything right?
>>
>>3010673
Yes, model 2 switch taped. I do the swap just fine, reset method or regular, but when it tries to read the installer off the CD-R it fails and lands on the audio CD menu.
>>
>>3008807
There isn't really much to talk about and the fact that it never got any sequels doesn't help. Still got a copy of the PC port laying around my house somewhere.
>>
>>3009821
imgburn is what i was using, any recommendation?

my optics aren't fucked because my vf2 works fine
>>
>>3009795
It might be your action replay cart. I had similar problems. I bought a newer one from EMS, it looks nearly identical to the one I already had. I loaded up the pseudo disc and was able to flash the cart.
>>
>>3011028
I bought the action replay plus 4 in 1 new off Amazon and it works fine. My problem is getting the pseudo menu to load at all. Just won't show up. Just got back from the flea market where I found a different stack of CD-Rs for $2 so I'll try burning a bunch of installers with multiple burning programs.
>>
>>3009859
>>3010912
>imgburn is what i was using

Oh why am I not surprised. Almost every time people have problems, it's because of that.

Use a different app. I use CloneCD and Nero, and never burned a coaster for my Saturn yet.

>>3010673
>What model Saturn do you have? Model 2 can be really difficult to get working with the swaptrick

This is false, all Saturns are equally easy to do the swap trick with (except launch models where you don't have a sensor to tape down).

Also, model 2s can have model 1 parts half the time.
>>
>>3010912
>my optics aren't fucked because my vf2 works fine

Yeah, that's like saying that a nearsighted guy has good eyes cause he's not completely blind.

Your laser might be fucked enough to be unable to see a CDR, but still good enough to read an original disc.
>>
Just ordered an action replay for the Saturn to do the flash so I can play games without doing the swap trick.
>>
>>3009859
Nothing wrong with imgburn. Burning the ISO is wrong though, you should be burning the que
>>
>>3011795
The latest version of imgburn yells at you when you don't pick the cue! hehe
>>
>>3011795
>Nothing wrong with imgburn.

Other than that it burns coasters.
Seriously, the last ten years, any time I saw anyone complaining about not being able to burn Saturn or Sega CD games, they were using Imgburn, and once they switched to Nero or Alcohol or CloneCD, suddenly they had no more problems. It happened way too often for there to be "nothing wrong" with Imgburn.
>>
File: idontunnastand.jpg (10 KB, 197x197) Image search: [Google]
idontunnastand.jpg
10 KB, 197x197
>>3012147
I've never had any problems.That's a shitty assumption, how do I know those people weren't complete fucking morons?
>>
Am I supposed to be doing anything with that altlas.mp3 that comes with the iso and cue?
>>
>>3008789
Ah, the 'burn slow' meme. My favourite. Unless you still run a Windows 98 toaster with a peroid appropriate cd burner buffer underruns are not going to happen. Buffer underruns are the sole reason anyone ever burnt discs at low speeds. It's the 21'st century, let the stupid tradition die. Burning slow on discs made for high speed burns is only going to make things worse.
>>
>>3012147
I've been using imgburn for Saturn burns for close to 10 years. You're a fuckin idiot if you can't get it to burn a Saturn iso
>>
>>3012147
>Dozens of idiots in the intarwebz can't possibly all be wrong
kek
>>
use cdrdao or cdrecord in linux
>>
>>3011754
I'll give it a shot.
I just had the habit of imgburn from dreamcast and ps2 stuff.
>>
>>3012249
>I've been using imgburn for Saturn burns for close to 10 years. You're a fuckin idiot if you can't get it to burn a Saturn iso

The fucking idiot is you if you try burning isos instead of bin/cue or ccd.
>>
op here again, another thing I read here a lot since this board was started is that a 90% of saturn rips are shit.
Where do I get good ones ? I've been using isozone at the moment. (actually payed for a firedrop account)
>>
>>3012929
Wondering this as well. Have a few new coasters, but at least I got Guardian Heroes to work.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.