[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this guy on Craigslist is selling a SNES, PS1, Dreamcast,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-02-19-15-17-21.png (226 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-19-15-17-21.png
226 KB, 480x800
So this guy on Craigslist is selling a SNES, PS1, Dreamcast, and GameCube as a lot and doesn't have any video cords, power cords or controllers for them.
I'm only interested for the SNES, as the other consoles are in rough shape, but he won't break the lot up now (intially was selling for $15 each, he wants $60 for the lot). Is this worth it at all?
>>
>http://treasure.craigslist.org/vgm/5442859982.html

Here is the post.
>>
bring your own cords to test them at the very least, but overall i'd say not worth it
>>
>>3008764
Bring your own cords, tell him you want to test out the console before you buy.

A lot of these sorts of listings are selling genuinely busted consoles - although some they've genuinely just lost the cables over the years.

But ask yourself this: why would he have a SNES, PS1, Dreamcast and GameCube, all without cords, selling each of them for $15?
>>
>>3008787
Yes I thought of that, but now he's saying he will only sell a lot because "SNESes go for $100-$150 online" and doesn't want people reselling I guess.
Part of me wants to tell him that those $150 SNES on eBay all have working cords and usually a few games
>>
>>3008764
No. Those 4 guaranteed not working consoles are not worth $60
>>
>>3008764
>SNES
Like $40 max in good condition on full ebay prices for a console
Dreamcast can be worth a bit if in really nice shape and first rev. But it's probably broke.

>PS1 GameCube
Basically worthless.
>>
Well I don't have the cables to test the SNES or DC which are the ones I would keep for myself so...
>>
ask him what the voltage and Amp for each consoles

you can probably get one of thosr selectable 3v-12v universal adapters and test it, you would need carts to test as well and controllers, i gues getting 1 controllers of each wouldt hurt, you would already have controller 2 for whatever system you get from other buyers with power+video+1controller

but bottom line, its only $15 per console, sounds cheap enough, but then again $1 for a burned piece of plastic is too much already
>>
>>3008764

>craigslist

I hope you own and carry a gun
>>
>>3009135
Yeah when he was asking $15 per I figured it wouldn't hurt too much if I got burned on the SNES but at $60 even for the whole lot, if it doesn't work I'd be pissed
>>
>>3008764
You should probably just find a loose SNES.

You can find 3rd party AV and power cables for SNES for cheap, but buying shit that you don't want or need is usually not worth your time.

Selling things on Craigslist is a pain in the ass. Ebay is less of a pain assuming things go well, and I prefer it generally, but your profit margins are fucking dogshit on it because of getting docked fees.

>paypal fee
>ebay fee
>charge actual shipping? fee.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.